R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Glitching Problems...Help Quick! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/48285-glitching-problems-help-quick.html)

DOMOisCOOL 08-21-2004 03:20 PM

Glitching Problems...Help Quick!

I have a race tomorrow and I figured I'll run my car outside to configure the trims and stuff.

The car glitches when it's about 25 ft away from me. Everything loses control, motor and servo.

I tried switching modules on my radio (Spectra to regular). Didn't work. Tried different radios. Didn't work either. So there must be something wrong with the receiver. I took it apart and there seems to be nothing wrong. Antenna is intact and no frays.

I also used a different car with a different receiver and still it glitches.

What gives? :(

JDXray 08-21-2004 03:22 PM

esc?

DOMOisCOOL 08-21-2004 03:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a pic of how my electronics layout is.

By the way, I've run this same layout for a while now.

JDXray 08-21-2004 03:31 PM

its alittle bunched out. But thats because pro 4 really has no room. I think your best best is to take the reciever and stand it up and let the esc breath alittle. When it is next to that motor. It can get hot.

Austin B 08-21-2004 03:36 PM

Move your personal transponder as far away from the servo as you can. I had that same problem and once I move the personal everything was fine. Hope this helps.

DOMOisCOOL 08-21-2004 03:52 PM

Just tried the receiver stand up, didn't help a lot.

JDXray 08-21-2004 03:56 PM

well i dunno what the problem is. Did you try a different motor and batts?

DOMOisCOOL 08-21-2004 04:04 PM

I moved the PT to the front bumper and still glitches.

Hmm, well, this did happen after I switched to a new motor. I'll try the old motor then.

JDXray 08-21-2004 04:05 PM

hope it helps. I hate when it happens.

onnetz 08-21-2004 04:14 PM

seems like every glitch I've ever had could be traced back to the motor.

ritchie 08-21-2004 04:27 PM

this may not be the problem, but isn't the stripe on the schotty suppose to be on the positive. that is unless you the black wire going to positive. also if you look at the top of the motor you will see where the little lock taps touch the circuit board and one of the two little wires that go to the motor screws also touches a tab on the board, solder those, that does help.

DOMOisCOOL 08-21-2004 04:34 PM

I have my motors backwards (to show the label, try it).

I just ran my car outside with the old motor. No glitches even when far away (around 100ft). This is intresting since my newer motor (Fukuyama Mako) is making the glitch? My older motor is slow so I don't know if I want to run it tomorrow.

I'm going to try the Mako one more time.

Trailer of Stuf 08-21-2004 04:40 PM

Glitching

have u tried switching crystals?,if u run rechargable batts try putting some regular AA,and check the arm if the stack is starting to peel up they are only layered and epoxyed on there.(I think correct me if im wrong) I was glitching today in kissimme and noticed on the arm when i pulled it out it was peeling up and i switched arms and no glitch.
Hope this helps

Trailer of Stuf 08-21-2004 04:42 PM

oh

I forgot my buddy was glitching today with a mako also he switched motors and it was fine his arm was peeling up like mine.
all i got to say for kissime is :lol: 4.9:lol:

JDXray 08-21-2004 04:46 PM

so i guess it was the motor.