Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Thoughts about rumores of a Losi XXX-S II >

Thoughts about rumores of a Losi XXX-S II

Thoughts about rumores of a Losi XXX-S II

Old 08-23-2004, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah David,

Isn't it funny how speculation seems to compound itself.
Old 08-23-2004, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Thinking of painting my old chassis white tonight and posting a pic just to see what people say LOL
Old 08-23-2004, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by losirob
Makes for interesting reading, though...

Rob
Very interesting and funny reading
Old 08-23-2004, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by DavidAlford
Thinking of painting my old chassis white tonight and posting a pic just to see what people say LOL
Old 08-23-2004, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The XXX-S is going to be tough to top; the car is easy to set up, maintain and be consistently fast.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

I hope the NEXT Losi sedan has a few more threads on the axel in case we run wide hex's for CS 27's and foams. Not that anybody is working on a NEW sedan or anything.

Brant
Old 08-24-2004, 01:48 AM
MSB
Tech Adept

Thumbs up You´r right

Originally posted by J.Filipow
The XXX-S is going to be tough to top; the car is easy to set up, maintain and be consistently fast.
Absolutely, I think the same. And I don’t see with good eyes the release of a new one, the actual is so easy to set up and works always perfect in any track.
And above all, I’m not interested in having an old car if Losi release the supposed new one.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: You´r right

Originally posted by MSB
Absolutely, I think the same. And I don’t see with good eyes the release of a new one, the actual is so easy to set up and works always perfect in any track.
And above all, I’m not interested in having an old car if Losi release the supposed new one.
I can't understand why so many of you, find it hard to believe that Losi WOULDN'T release a new car anytime soon?! Just look at the current trend. The other big name manufacturers are releasing new kits before their current kits have collected any dust(Xray, Tamiya, Hpi*-updated for one-way durability issues and I have a sneaky suspicion Hpi will be releasing another touring car). Losi and Associated are overdue for new kits. The other manufacturers are producing faster, lighter, more durable and more "free" drivetrain cars, right out of the box. Those reasons, alone, dictate the necessity to release a new, more advanced, car. It makes sense to keep the project under "wraps", as long as possible, to keep current sales up. But, not at the expense of losing "brand loyalty" buyers (I like to call the extreme ones " brand crusaders" ). If, Losi and Associated expect to stay at the top, they have no choice, but to release better cars. Their current, "dated", tourers are simply being out-classed.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

well said.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Yes, While the TC3 and the XXX-S are outdated....they can still kick the crap outa most of other cars on a good day
Old 08-24-2004, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by The Black Kat
Yes, While the TC3 and the XXX-S are outdated....they can still kick the crap outa most of other cars on a good day
Yeah!... A "good day", a GOOD driver, a milled chassis and a super "free" drivetrain. No, honestly, I would have to agree.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: new tourer for losi

Originally posted by kewdawg
I can't understand why so many of you, find it hard to believe that Losi WOULDN'T release a new car anytime soon?! Just look at the current trend. The other big name manufacturers are releasing new kits before their current kits have collected any dust(Xray, Tamiya, Hpi*-updated for one-way durability issues and I have a sneaky suspicion Hpi will be releasing another touring car).
Oh yeah, how could I forget to mention Yokomo (3 cars in 2 yrs.)?!
Old 08-24-2004, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: You´r right

Originally posted by kewdawg
If, Losi and Associated expect to stay at the top, they have no choice, but to release better cars. Their current, "dated", tourers are simply being out-classed.
Simply not true. Sure you could pull a Tamiya and release a new car every month, but they operate primarily in larger markets where the demand for new technology is significantly greater than it is here.

In the US, the market is smaller and slower moving with the lions share of the profits being in the RTR sector. For a company concerned with making money (an old concept but one that privately held companies still focus on) that means that designing and releasing a monthly sedan is not nearly as profitable as designing a sedan 'platform' which has several differing varients from RTR to full race. This marketing concept can be seen with both the TC3 and XXX-S.

Will Losi and AE be releasing new sedans in the future? Undoubtedly, however I guarantee that in a small margin market such as the RC industry neither company is in a hurry to do it until they've squeezed the last possible penny out of their current designs and tooling, especially in the current economic climate.

Just my $.02
Old 08-24-2004, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

MSB, Dave could do a much better job of hiding a chassis than that. and yes the car that he won Stafford national was the same as he always runs

This is fun though, everyone trying to second guess Losi's plans (or not ) for a new car.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:33 AM
Tech Regular

Wow!!!

Griffins post has got to be the most well articulated post ever found in/around or on any message board I subscribe to!!

I have to agree with him! As much as technology in some aspects has improved greatly the XXX-S and TC3 are still very capable cars. Even with the increased competition out there.

my .02 cents

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.