If is possible run 1 cell Touring car?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

If is possible run 1 cell Touring car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Questions?? If is possible run 1 cell Touring car?

Hi guys, in fact i wonder to run 1cell on Cyclone TC to race in tile surface as the photo below. Since it is so slippery, bumpy and the track layout is as small as 1/18 indoor ones, so i want to run through lower voltage cell to be easier to more drivable and of course, to be so much light which is advantage, since the rules has no limits. In fact the last race in there, i just ran with df03ra with Losi 17.5 in open class to facing some Photons and Cyclone then i got 5th and 3rd place in open class and <3000KV class, as you could see how the track is complicated.
So i wonder to run 1cell 6000 of IP with Speedpassion 1cell 10.5r motor match with XERUN 1cell version ESC.

Could someone tell me if is worthy and what your suggest, please?

Best regards
Attached Thumbnails If is possible run 1 cell Touring car?-4812708922_ecf27c17b3_b.jpg  
Old 02-10-2011, 02:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

As far as weight goes... You would need to add almost all of the weight back on the battery side of the car to balance it...

Unless you mounted the electrics on the battery side

If grip is an issue i would stick with the 17.5 or even a 21.5 and use some timing boost to get the top end you need (with 2s)
Old 02-10-2011, 04:44 AM
Tech Master

Waste of time and money, stick with 2S and work on your driving and car setup.

If you want to spend some money, buy every different make and compound of tyres you can find as this could make a huge difference.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Exclamation

Originally Posted by TeamWTF
As far as weight goes... You would need to add almost all of the weight back on the battery side of the car to balance it...

Unless you mounted the electrics on the battery side

If grip is an issue i would stick with the 17.5 or even a 21.5 and use some timing boost to get the top end you need (with 2s)
I wonder to put ESC and receiver on battery side, but is still not enough to compare in other side with servo and motor.

Originally Posted by daleburr
Waste of time and money, stick with 2S and work on your driving and car setup.

If you want to spend some money, buy every different make and compound of tyres you can find as this could make a huge difference.
Yes, in fact buying 1s lipo, then ESC and motor special for 1s lipo of purpose for this track is so ungenius since you own already your 2s, then make some adjustment is just OK, you right.
Due i want to buy some cheaper batteries just for this track, just because the surface scratch chassis and battery so easily and horribly, the worst thing is, i have just my 3 expensives Fantom 5000 2s disponible then i don't want to broke them for that track.
Nor my all new TCX will put on that place to be tortured, that's why i recovered my old TC to race, about the motor, unfortunately that Losi 17.5 is burnt in last week, so anyway i need to buy new motor just for that car.

About the tires, in fact i ran with Tamiya rally block, unfortunately they weren't the best choice, the worst was in last race, the guys which were in front of me, mostly of them had been used Xpress radial tire which nowadays in discontinued.
Could somebody tell me which another tires could i try?
How about tamiya medium narrow radials or super grip, maybe yeah racing 26mm radials or maybe HPI x pattern pro, could have more choice instead of these?

About the photo of the track, i took the new 1 with better visionary(in below):

Best regards
Attached Thumbnails If is possible run 1 cell Touring car?-cnv0013.jpg  
Old 02-10-2011, 09:08 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

check here

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ec-racing.html

we have about 40 cars running MMR VTA spec locally.. Great racing, low cost on parts very easy to balance.. most just move speedo and rec to batt side.. less then a 1/4 ounce from there to balance a tc5.......

do a You Tube search for MMR VTA, or ammdrew and you will find some vids of 17.5 blinky single cell sedan's in VTA form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99kl7FjKMxA
Old 02-10-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Questions??

Originally Posted by ammdrew
check here

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ec-racing.html

we have about 40 cars running MMR VTA spec locally.. Great racing, low cost on parts very easy to balance.. most just move speedo and rec to batt side.. less then a 1/4 ounce from there to balance a tc5.......

do a You Tube search for MMR VTA, or ammdrew and you will find some vids of 17.5 blinky single cell sedan's in VTA form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99kl7FjKMxA
Wow, even with 17.5 and 1 cell the cars are still running well, then the track is bigger than that 1 i had run.
In fact i have i have wonder to run with 10.5r, i thought the power with 1 cell will be so much lower but the fact is lower but not so much.
Could you tell me what kind of esc are they using, if they are using as well receiver batteries?

Best regards
Old 02-10-2011, 05:13 PM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Last year I played with a 1s TC at WCRC. I was doing it because I wanted to see if 1s was a possible future direction for TC. I thought it worked pretty well. I did have some handling issues because the car was so light. It was difficult to make the car soft enough with the low weight. I do not remember exactly what the car weighed between, 1250-1280g.

I used a LRP SXX-TC V2, because it has a built in voltage booster so no Rx pack was needed. I also ran with a 3.0t X12 motor.
The only draw backs I can remember were limited run-time and the motor got pretty hot. WCRC is a fairly large track with very good grip so I needed as much power as I could. With the newer 1s batteries available now run time should not be a problem anymore.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran
Last year I played with a 1s TC at WCRC. I was doing it because I wanted to see if 1s was a possible future direction for TC. I thought it worked pretty well. I did have some handling issues because the car was so light. It was difficult to make the car soft enough with the low weight. I do not remember exactly what the car weighed between, 1250-1280g.

I used a LRP SXX-TC V2, because it has a built in voltage booster so no Rx pack was needed. I also ran with a 3.0t X12 motor.
The only draw backs I can remember were limited run-time and the motor got pretty hot. WCRC is a fairly large track with very good grip so I needed as much power as I could. With the newer 1s batteries available now run time should not be a problem anymore.
Yes, I think 1s is not supposed in the large and high traction tracks, but for me >1200g is not any too light car. I think in my case as light as could be better for me, in fact the track layout is so much tight.