Community
Wiki Posts
Search

exceed brushed who knows about this one

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 03:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Default exceed brushed who knows about this one

SORRY I CANT POST DIRECT LINKS YET. RCTECH says i have to make more posts first.

Go to nitrorcx look under 1/10 Drift RC Cars then go to the very last car on that page should be a GREEN
1/10 2.4Ghz Exceed RC Electric DriftStar RTR Drift Car 350 Green Version for $99.70

I need info on the above car

1. what do i need to make this brushless?
2. What is the best battery type i can use in this? LIPO?
(i have a thunder ac6 charger/balancer for my traxxas ken block.)
3. where do i buy replacement parts when i break it )
4. what is the best motor i can use if i keep it brushed.
5. does the ESC on this have a fail safe built in?.

Thanks for anyone who can help me get more info on this car.

Eric,
Old 02-09-2011, 12:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Post Oh Joy!!

G'day Mate,
I also have one of those cars, but I have the Red wide body

I was looking at doing the mods to it also.

If steering/suspension etc breaks, then you'll most likely have to buy from NitroRCX otherwise modify other manufacturers components.

As for motor and esc, just do yourself a big favour, go out and purchase an eZRun 9T Combo, for around $90.00 you can't go wrong.
The motor limit on the standard esc is 23T as far as I know. Don't waste your time or money trying to fit a different motor to the current esc, it's really not worth it.

If I were you, I'd just save some money and buy a new Yokomo chassis and add the extras that you want, to it.

The Exceeds are a good learning car, but are nothing compared to the Yokomos, Tamiyas or HPIs.

Hope there is some relevant info umonst that somewhere lol.

Take Care,
Dave
Old 02-09-2011, 06:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Do you know how much of an upgrade the eZRun 9T Combo gives you?. im assuming more acceleration?. Is this the only brushless setup that fits this car or can i get any others? it is actually for my fiances father he has already ordered it and was aware that it is more of a beginers car. he will probably get a second car down the road. thanks for the help

Eric

Originally Posted by DK2B
G'day Mate,
I also have one of those cars, but I have the Red wide body

I was looking at doing the mods to it also.

If steering/suspension etc breaks, then you'll most likely have to buy from NitroRCX otherwise modify other manufacturers components.

As for motor and esc, just do yourself a big favour, go out and purchase an eZRun 9T Combo, for around $90.00 you can't go wrong.
The motor limit on the standard esc is 23T as far as I know. Don't waste your time or money trying to fit a different motor to the current esc, it's really not worth it.

If I were you, I'd just save some money and buy a new Yokomo chassis and add the extras that you want, to it.

The Exceeds are a good learning car, but are nothing compared to the Yokomos, Tamiyas or HPIs.

Hope there is some relevant info umonst that somewhere lol.

Take Care,
Dave
Old 02-09-2011, 06:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
There are manydifferent engines/combos that you can get. A 9T will give you an allround better drive, including accelleration and slight bit more top speed. It comes down to the gearing of the motor to the diff also. I have a 9T in my Yokomo now, but was running the same car as your exceed before. Mate, there really is no comparison, the Yokomo is much more responsive and I don't have to work the throttle/steering anywhere near as much, to make it slide.
If you/ your fiances father just wanna drift and have some fun, then in all honesty, just use the exceed as is and save up for a better car [like a Yokomo around the $600.00 Brand New] later.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the reply.

Now i know eventually the tires and wheels will need to be changed are their any specific wheels i need to buy for this car. I know my nitro associated has a weird bearing setup so i can only get certain wheels. I would like to fit some HPI drift tires after he runs through these.

Originally Posted by DK2B
There are manydifferent engines/combos that you can get. A 9T will give you an allround better drive, including accelleration and slight bit more top speed. It comes down to the gearing of the motor to the diff also. I have a 9T in my Yokomo now, but was running the same car as your exceed before. Mate, there really is no comparison, the Yokomo is much more responsive and I don't have to work the throttle/steering anywhere near as much, to make it slide.
If you/ your fiances father just wanna drift and have some fun, then in all honesty, just use the exceed as is and save up for a better car [like a Yokomo around the $600.00 Brand New] later.