Search

New MRT ESC

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 02:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Terry,
Cheers for the updates.
I should be down Barham way this weekend, if you have any with you I'd like to get a (closer) look at one.

Oh and this time, I will come say hello... ran out of time at the nat... given I ended up helping pit 4 cars
Old 08-26-2005, 03:45 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Terry
Impressive specs!
Everybody waiting for the MX will enjoy there is a release date now. And itīs very close.

BTW
Can you say anything on the service for leads, switch and case you mentioned or is it too early?
Old 08-31-2005, 08:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default MX Pro Custom

Originally Posted by V12
Terry
Impressive specs!
Everybody waiting for the MX will enjoy there is a release date now. And itīs very close.

BTW
Can you say anything on the service for leads, switch and case you mentioned or is it too early?
V12, the new info to come on our web site (MX web pages to be updated tomorrow lunch time, that's UK time!) will explain more about the options which are covered by the 'Custom' versions of the MX Pro, any customising will be available as the 'MX Pro Custom'. We have a few 'extras' (options) available with custom leads/switch etc and also the chance of having a super translucent case (the normal MX Pro case colour is black) plus custom printed case decals!

V12 and everyone else... as you know the release day is tomorrow! MX update #2 (inc. ordering) e-mails will be sent out during the day.

Note: the pre-release offer is still available until midnight tonight (UK time).

Thanks for your patience everyone, now please form an orderly queue!!
Old 09-01-2005, 02:41 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Terry
Thanks for the infos. Canīt await that update. Will have a look at the MRT website later today.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:09 AM
Tech Adept

Terry,

It is true that MRT is also working on a brushless ESC ... the rumor say that this will be the first to be capable to run : brushed + brushless (sensored & sensorless)

Any info that you can share ?

e_lm_70
Old 09-01-2005, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Both Reedy and Novak have released or are releasing there own Brushed+Brushless ESC's....the Reedy Sphere is already available...
You can check your local dealer for the new ESC...
This new one from MRT looks very prommising...
How did it do at the KO GP?
-SHookie <><
Originally Posted by e_lm_70
Terry,

It is true that MRT is also working on a brushless ESC ... the rumor say that this will be the first to be capable to run : brushed + brushless (sensored & sensorless)

Any info that you can share ?

e_lm_70
Old 09-01-2005, 07:20 AM
Tech Regular

has anybody recieved their update number 2 yet today?

just wondering as i havent and wanted to make sure nothing was wrong?

thanks
Old 09-01-2005, 07:33 AM
V12
Tech Elite

there is an update on their website now
Old 09-01-2005, 07:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Both Reedy and Novak have released or are releasing there own Brushed+Brushless ESC's....the Reedy Sphere is already available...
You can check your local dealer for the new ESC...
This new one from MRT looks very prommising...
How did it do at the KO GP?
-SHookie <><
Novak & ready don't run sensorless BL motor.

Schulze UF75 and CC Mamba Max can run sensorless (so in theory also sensored) ... but they are not designed for sensored BL ... so they couls sucks with some sensored BL.

In theory the MRT should be the first all around ESC ...

e_lm_70
Old 09-01-2005, 08:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hmmm... do we have to re-enter details for the cutom MX's.... ??
Old 09-01-2005, 08:15 AM
Tech Regular

it seems like it yeah, i think we just got the discount for the pro version. have you not got the final email yet telling you the about how to order it etc? im still waiting for it!
Old 09-01-2005, 10:35 AM
V12
Tech Elite

I think the guys at MRT have a lot to do sending out all the emails and everything. But Iīm sure they do what they can so just give them some more hours.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:28 AM
V12
Tech Elite

regarding the brushless ESC from what I know MRT has something in the works. But I think it will take some time until then and they will tell the public when itīs time for this.

The Reedy/LRP Sphere is for brushed and brushless motors but you can use sensored motors only. I think itīs the same with the Novak.
I just know of one ESC currently who can do brushed and brushless motors and runs with both sensored and sensorless, this is the new GM Racing Genius 80.
But I have to say I just saw prototyps until now I donīt know if the production units are available now.
I think brushless for cars is still in the beginning and it seems to me the requirements are very different to the units made for boats or planes. So the development in this area will take alot more time for being perfect if this is possible.
There just was an interview with current WC Marc Rheinard and he also was asked regarding his opinion on brushless. He said they had some testing but he still prefers the feeling of a brushed motor. I think this says enough at least for competition use.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TryHard
hmmm... do we have to re-enter details for the cutom MX's.... ??
Ed if you would like to order a custom MX Pro and you've already registered for the pre-release offer then you don't need to re-enter your details. The MX update #2 explains what you need to know including the prices and how to order.

Originally Posted by agower
it seems like it yeah, i think we just got the discount for the pro version. have you not got the final email yet telling you the about how to order it etc? im still waiting for it!
Andrew, you've got 15% discount for the Pro version and 10% if you order a custom version.

We are having problems with our ISP's e-mail server so until it's up and running again the e-mails are queued and waiting, we're trying to get them to everyone asap. Typical it had to mess up today
Old 09-01-2005, 12:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

V12, thanks, you're right we're busy here with the e-mails!

I will reply to the brushless questions when I have more time!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.