Tech Regular

Default 1/12 rec pack????????????

hey guys what rec packs are u using for 1/12
Old 02-08-2011, 02:58 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blue Screw
Ive been using the SMC LiFe pack. Not sure of the mah but I think its around 300. At the birds I switched over to a OHP Voltage booster instead to save some weight on a heavy car. Noticed no difference at all in on track performance, lap times or runtime. Simple to install and dont have to worry about charging either.

EA
Old 02-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Tech Adept

Power Push LiPo. Had a LiFe pack (not Power Push) go bad despite 0.2 amp charge rate used, just don't want to take another chance. The speed control we use recommends a rec pack instead of a booster due to electronic response time (or something like that) to keep performance optimum.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Ive been using the SMC LiFe pack. Not sure of the mah but I think its around 300. At the birds I switched over to a OHP Voltage booster instead to save some weight on a heavy car. Noticed no difference at all in on track performance, lap times or runtime. Simple to install and dont have to worry about charging either.

EA
If someone was say, interested in using one of those voltage boosters where can you buy one?
Old 02-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Novak makes one as well - Novak SmartBoost module

Originally Posted by hairy
If someone was say, interested in using one of those voltage boosters where can you buy one?
Old 02-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Tech Adept

I am currently using a LRP SXX competition version 2 in my 1:12 and was wondering what is the benefit of adding a rec pack/booster?

Will it cause the ESC to overheat?

Manual states not needed or is this wrong?

Thanks
Old 02-09-2011, 04:45 AM
Team EAM

www.ohiohobbyplus.com The novak one is huge and looks like a birds nest. While I have never had a Novak or had a failure I have raced with several that have had failures. The OHP one is tiny and easy to install.

EA
Old 02-09-2011, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I must be doing something wrong, that web site does not come up for me.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:54 AM
Team EAM

I must be doing something wrong, that web site does not come up for me.
Your right it doesnt when I checked either. Email Jerry at [email protected] Tell him I sent you. I think they are 24.00 for the booster. It has a plug that goes into the receiver and then a small red and black wire that solder to the battery post on the speedo. It comes with a switch and you just turn that one switch on and thats it. It provides 5.5 volts to the electronics.

EA
Old 02-09-2011, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
www.ohiohobbyplus.com The novak one is huge and looks like a birds nest. While I have never had a Novak or had a failure I have raced with several that have had failures. The OHP one is tiny and easy to install.

EA
There are about 3 or 4 guys at my track who run the Novak in their 12th, no problems yet this season. Small, easy to wire, and mounts easily on the servo.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:43 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Novak booster is junk. We went through 3 before I finally ordered the TQ cell booster.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buckaroo
There are about 3 or 4 guys at my track who run the Novak in their 12th, no problems yet this season. Small, easy to wire, and mounts easily on the servo.
Originally Posted by KingKarate757
Novak booster is junk. We went through 3 before I finally ordered the TQ cell booster.
ive had the novak and it worked great. the only downside is..it was too bulky than the tq booster. other than that, the instructions sucked!!!! it didnt quite tell ya how to correctly install it, but it can work. installation is not as simple as the tq is....
Old 02-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Tech Regular

Has anybody tried the tq booster..... .. what's the diff between the one an ea is talking bout.... also supposlly what thwe down fall to the boosters are
Old 02-10-2011, 02:00 AM
Tech Regular

i use this one, works perfectly. little shrinkwrap around it and 2 cables to the esc and you are ready to go

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=11784
Old 02-10-2011, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Has anybody tried the tq booster..... .. what's the diff between the one an ea is talking bout.... also supposlly what thwe down fall to the boosters are
picture the novak booster from the top as the same size as the mini servo (L x W) versus the tq booster is half the size. the instruction procedure for installation is a bit confusing. it took me a few times to get it to work along with other people who also experienced the same as i did. you might think its that simple...not really. you would have to look at other people's setup to easily figure it out the first time. at first, i thought the damn thing was defective. i almost trashed it but decided to give it another try, and it finally worked (re-wiring it by instinct instead of going with the instructions as stated). i would have rather used the tq booster instead. here is a link to the TQ Booster: http://www.tqcells.com/TQBOOSTER.htm , http://www.tqcells.com/BuyTQBOOSTER_In_Stock.htm

this is the Novak: http://www.nexusracing.com/product_i...29c1daaa63f932

one more thing i might add...its a bit cheaper than Novak is....