R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   SnowBirds winning brands of chassis,motors,batterys,etc? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/478984-snowbirds-winning-brands-chassis-motors-batterys-etc.html)

imjonah 02-05-2011 01:12 PM

SnowBirds winning brands of chassis,motors,batterys,etc?

Its great to see lists of winning drivers but I would love to see what equipment they were running chassis motors, batteries, ESC, Servos, ETC.

There was a time when the RC magazines routinely posted charts but lately the information seems to be harder and harder to come by.

If anyone has this information or anyone who can figure out from the list of winning drivers what they probably were running, I would appreciate it .

Note: In particular I am interested in road course 1/10 TC.
Thanks in advance,

Randy_Pike 02-05-2011 02:32 PM

A Tekin RS or RS Pro Tq'd and won every class but 1/12 Mod(Josh Cyrul) and Mod TC(Jilles G.).

Bigger Brother 02-05-2011 03:14 PM

Jilles would have been using a Tamiya 417 Chassis, with Orion motors and Lipos, Tamiya speed controller, Sanwa radio gear and a Protoform bodyshell.

HTH

John Warner 02-05-2011 04:11 PM

Andrew Knapp was running a stock CRC Gen-XL chassis (#3202), Tekin ESC, Spektrum radio and a CRC battery, tires and body.

Jamison R 02-06-2011 12:43 AM

Mike Haynes won 17.5 boosted TC with a HB TCX, Tekin esc, thunder power motor.

V12 02-06-2011 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike (Post 8605464)
A Tekin RS or RS Pro Tq'd and won every class but 1/12 Mod(Josh Cyrul) and Mod TC(Jilles G.).

Also not World GT (Josh).

toptek 02-06-2011 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by V12 (Post 8607698)

He used in that class a Tekin esc.

Cammer 02-06-2011 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by toptek (Post 8608039)
He used in that class a Tekin esc.

Speedpassion.:nod:

imjonah 02-06-2011 06:49 AM

Weird?

The RC manufactures spend tens of thousands of dollars sponsoring teams and drivers, Yet I find it like pulling teeth to find out what products won or placed at various events.
If I was X-ray or Hot Bodies or Thunderpower or whoever and my product dominated the TC classes at the Snowbirds(or any big race) I would want to shout that from the roof tops, after all that was the whole purpose of bringing a team or sponsoring a driver.
Yet????????

Look how few posts this thread has got. ??? heck if I ran those companies I would be have to resist spamming these forums.

Weird. Stupid weird. Imagine some one who is paid to market RC products knowing his product did very well at some big race and ignoring a thread which asked how various products did, you would think marketing people would be falling all over themselves to publicize their success???
Yeah, if I go to their web site they may be advertising their win but that assumes I am going to go to a dozen web sites to try and figure out who did best at a particular race.

Hey I would love to work in the RC business, X-Ray, HPI, Tamiya Kyosho,
Hire me for your marketing company, I guarantee if your product dominates any big race, people won't need to search the whole damn web to find out about it :).

MikeXray 02-06-2011 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by imjonah (Post 8608232)
The RC manufactures spend tens of thousands of dollars sponsoring teams and drivers, Yet I find it like pulling teeth to find out what products won or placed at various events.
If I was X-ray or Hot Bodies or Thunderpower or whoever and my product dominated the TC classes at the Snowbirds(or any big race) I would want to shout that from the roof tops, after all that was the whole purpose of bringing a team or sponsoring a driver.
Yet????????

Look how few posts this thread has got. ??? heck if I ran those companies I would be have to resist spamming these forums.

Weird. Stupid weird. Imagine some one who is paid to market RC products knowing his product did very well at some big race and ignoring a thread which asked how various products did, you would think marketing people would be falling all over themselves to publicize their success???
Yeah, if I go to their web site they may be advertising their win but that assumes I am going to go to a dozen web sites to try and figure out who did best at a particular race.

Hey I would love to work in the RC business, X-Ray, HPI, Tamiya Kyosho,
Hire me for your marketing company, I guarantee if your product dominates any big race, people won't need to search the whole damn web to find out about it :).

Usually within a week they will post something on RedRC, I think a lot of companies are at the toy fair so maybe they are behind.

EAMotorsports 02-06-2011 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Cammer (Post 8608067)
Speedpassion.:nod:

Originally Posted by V12 (Post 8607698)

Josh DID use a TEKIN in WGT class. He was running the car of Pete Dagnola and I know that Randy was helping set the speedo up and changing stuff for Josh all week. Pete wrenched on the car and Josh drove it. No speed passion or any other speedo in that car.

EA

COLD AS ICE 02-06-2011 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bigger Brother (Post 8605610)
Jilles would have been using a Tamiya 417 Chassis, with Orion motors and Lipos, Tamiya speed controller, Sanwa radio gear and a Protoform bodyshell.

HTH

Jilles runs xenon speedo and motor in mod with orion batts and a ltc-r body with a 417 under it all.

SNIPR 02-06-2011 12:54 PM

I even contacted Snowbirds - Mike on Facebook among other forums with ZERO replies about what equipment was used...

Originally Posted by imjonah (Post 8605164)
Its great to see lists of winning drivers but I would love to see what equipment they were running chassis motors, batteries, ESC, Servos, ETC.

There was a time when the RC magazines routinely posted charts but lately the information seems to be harder and harder to come by.

If anyone has this information or anyone who can figure out from the list of winning drivers what they probably were running, I would appreciate it .

Note: In particular I am interested in road course 1/10 TC.
Thanks in advance,

syndr0me 02-06-2011 08:15 PM

I agree with this. Why do companies bother to sponsor and send people to races if they never get the recognition when those racers do well with their products? The magazines and blogs clearly don't care, they'd have to give up space that could be better filled with yet another aluminum hopup for some SCT. We need to do something about this...

So I will. I need help, though, because I don't know what's what in a lot of cases. I need you guys to help me fill in the gaps. In return, I'll do my best to keep a site going that's dedicated to nothing but the equipment used by people in big(ish) races. We need to continue to give companies incentive to sponsor racers and races, and get the exposure they deserve for their financial support of racing.

http://www.rcprogear.com

Please PM or email ([email protected]) me as much info as you can, and I'll update the pages.

imjonah 02-06-2011 09:02 PM

WOW

Great work Syndrome, really appreciate, excellent information. I hope others help out filing the grid. Thanks.