Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
SnowBirds winning brands of chassis,motors,batterys,etc? >

SnowBirds winning brands of chassis,motors,batterys,etc?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SnowBirds winning brands of chassis,motors,batterys,etc?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

That's why he pulls a REDRC...no printing costs for outdated info, updated instantly
Old 02-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The thought has definitely crossed my mind. I'm just not sure I'm the right guy to do it. I enjoy putting lists like this together 'cause I'm a racer, and it's interesting to me just like anybody else. Turning it into something more would start to be more like a second job, and with free time being harder to come by, and with a kid on the way, it's probably an opportunity for someone else.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bishop
Nice work, I know I'm always wondering what everyone used at any given event, and 99% of the time it's such hard info to find, makes you wonder why sponsors even bother when they get zero press from most events.
sorry I'm not understanding the "zero press" idea. Sponsors are on the Snowbird National website. In Extreme RC Mag. and announced hourly if not more at the race.

Sometimes it like pulling teeth to even get the drivers to fill out their "A" sponsors sheets. Ofcoarse they all do,but some at the last minute.
It comes to having them fill out a sponsors sheets when they sign up.
Then have someone sort then before every qual starts.

I really do want to thank again all the sponsors that help support the 2011 Snowbirds this year.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Tech Regular

Awesome info! One question, is there anyway to edit the info? Some of mine is either missing or incorrect.
Thanks again
Old 02-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

A sponsor banner is not going to tell people what equipment a certain driver is using other then they sponsored The Snowbirds. And if it is announced hourly at the site thats great, but what about those who are NOT at the site? And what about those such as myself who have contacted The Snowbirds about equipment list and have received ZERO feedback. I mean not even a "I'm sorry we don't have that information at this time."

Originally Posted by scarecrow
sorry I'm not understanding the "zero press" idea. Sponsors are on the Snowbird National website. In Extreme RC Mag. and announced hourly if not more at the race.
Kudos to those who know drivers inside and out to post such information and to syndr0me for making a site dedicated to such!!!
Old 02-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

i could of swore rc action had an article on the 2010 snowbirds last year. they talked about the speedo issue along with a table of a main drivers and what they were using in their cars. maybe next months issue will have a writeup
Old 02-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Donny Lia
Awesome info! One question, is there anyway to edit the info? Some of mine is either missing or incorrect.
Thanks again
Donny,

Send it my way via PM and I'll get the site updated.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:09 AM
JGH
Tech Adept

Hello,

This was my equipment I used at Snowbirds TC.

Car: Tamiya 417 ( box stock!!)
Motor: New Orion Vortex 4.5T ( available very soon).
Battery: 5400 45C Orion Lipo
Speedo: Tamiya Volac ( version1) with Nosram coolfan
Radio: Sanwa Exzes ( just changed from KO to Sanwa
Servo: Sanwa 801 (small type)
Charger: Orion TwinSpec Advantage
Power supply: New Orion IQ 16A

I hope this clear things up!

Best regards,
Jilles Groskamp
Old 02-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Lord

Thank you Jilles, I've updated the site! Can you verify that you ran a Protoform Speed6? Also, what traction compound did you use?

Originally Posted by JGH
Hello,

This was my equipment I used at Snowbirds TC.

Car: Tamiya 417 ( box stock!!)
Motor: New Orion Vortex 4.5T ( available very soon).
Battery: 5400 45C Orion Lipo
Speedo: Tamiya Volac ( version1) with Nosram coolfan
Radio: Sanwa Exzes ( just changed from KO to Sanwa
Servo: Sanwa 801 (small type)
Charger: Orion TwinSpec Advantage
Power supply: New Orion IQ 16A

I hope this clear things up!

Best regards,
Jilles Groskamp
Old 02-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

first thanks syndrome...this is awesome..something that is definitely missed in the on-road world.
I have an idea...
how about a team up with RCtech...and offer it as a add-on to the website. maybe for paid member maybe just free...
contact the mfrs/distributors and offer them access to update the listing by race themselves.
and let them include the web links direct to their website..etc....another incentive for them to do it.
another option let the race organizers setup it ....and use it sell it as another advertising opportunity for their event....in short...a million ways to make this a more permanent thing...ohhh..yeahh..!!

RCtech probably is contacting those entities to sell add space anyway...how about another angle to bring in the companies to shows RC hobby Enthusiast. At times these little bits of info help steer a buyer make the next purchase.
seems like most of the onroad companies can't keep stuff in stock...so we know it's selling...how about offering the companies chance to keep it increasing.

my applause to Syndrome...much appreciated.

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Yeah, I think for the next race I'm going to add servos. Painters is an interesting idea as well!

I like the idea of having a repository for tech info, it's something that's been sorely missed. It's a TON of work though. I didn't realize just how much it would be. I don't think I can see myself doing this for anything other than electric on-road. However, if someone else wants to help get the info for other forms of racing, I'd be glad to post it on the site.

In addition to updates to the info, I've been adding a few little touches. Each post has a link back to the full results on LiveRC. I also linked to car setups and ESC setups where I could find them.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:16 PM
JGH
Tech Adept

I used PF Speed 6 and SXT tyre additive!
Old 02-10-2011, 06:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JGH
I used PF Speed 6 and SXT tyre additive!

- Syndrome (Jilles' thread copy paste)
For TC you already have all info
1/12 is same charger, additive.
Motor in Mod was New Orion Vortex 4.0T
Speedo was LRP stock spec
Radio: Sanwa Exzes X 2.4GHz
Thanks!

There you go
Old 02-10-2011, 06:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

EDIT: Saw someone else asked the same question earlier... ignore.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Cyrul was sharpening his edge.

Last edited by snoopyrc; 02-10-2011 at 12:36 PM. Reason: respect for the creative process, and Mr. Cyrul.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:44 AM
Tech Lord

I had mentioned it was a prototype (along with Fischer's Phi X) early on, but Josh seemed to want to keep that quiet for now, so I changed it to respect that.

Anyway, it wasn't an entirely new car, just some prototype parts. I bet just about everybody in mod was testing some prototype stuff for their manufacturers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.