Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
SnowBirds winning brands of chassis,motors,batterys,etc? >

SnowBirds winning brands of chassis,motors,batterys,etc?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SnowBirds winning brands of chassis,motors,batterys,etc?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 08:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

syndrome, again I really like what you are doing here. Just had an idea that may or may not be worth anything but I'll put it out there. I'm not sure how good you are with html but it might help the cause to create an editable form on your site that drivers can voluntarily go to and fill out. Maybe then have it feed back to you or some sort of database that way it can be sorted and more easily input. At least this way you wouldn't have to rely on word of mouth our messaging all of the drivers. I know I wouldn't mind filling it out. Again not sure if it is worth much but at least an idea.

Hawk
Old 02-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I've heard Xenon and Tamiya Volaic, but I swear I saw a Nosram at the race. Someone let me know.
It was a Nosram fan on a blue speedo.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Actually, I'd like to do something more custom than hand-editing HTML tables like I'm doing now, 'cause it kind of sucks. I'm skilled at PHP, so I could definitely roll my own system, but to get this site up quickly I just used a blog service (tumblr), and I don't think they allow custom scripting. I might look at developing something more customized if interest in the site continues to grow.

Originally Posted by KevinHawk
syndrome, again I really like what you are doing here. Just had an idea that may or may not be worth anything but I'll put it out there. I'm not sure how good you are with html but it might help the cause to create an editable form on your site that drivers can voluntarily go to and fill out. Maybe then have it feed back to you or some sort of database that way it can be sorted and more easily input. At least this way you wouldn't have to rely on word of mouth our messaging all of the drivers. I know I wouldn't mind filling it out. Again not sure if it is worth much but at least an idea.

Hawk
Old 02-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pakk
Have you considered adding servo's to the list?

I know it's not a performance thing, but maybe even the body painter.

I can see what you started blowing up. If you keep on it, it could possibly THE place to go for race results. People where I race were having a hard time just finding the results.
+1

RC Coverage is absolute shite!
Old 02-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Tech Master

In the "old'n days" it was soooo easy.
You'ld be waiting for the next issue of f.e. the Car Action and read the article about any important race and see a list of the A-main racers with all you'ld need to know. Kinda like Syndrome did.

And....every now and then a close-up feature which would really dissect a winners car.

Well.....what do ya know.
Racers still wanna know the same thing.

Nowadays racers themselves need to go out and get some info.
Just plain weird.

Just needed to ramble a bit

Thanks Syndrome
Old 02-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I remember Comp Plus used to do a great job with info, and awesome race reports.

Reading about Neisinger and Masami dueling at "THE" 12th scale worlds was the stuff of legend !
Old 02-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Great Job with the site that is awesome. GREAT WORK !!
Old 02-08-2011, 12:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Nice work, I know I'm always wondering what everyone used at any given event, and 99% of the time it's such hard info to find, makes you wonder why sponsors even bother when they get zero press from most events.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:09 AM
Tech Champion

It would be great if you could integrate with the race organisers for this kind of info.

Maybe during tech info could be gathered or on the booking form there could be a place for racers to write down their equipment (should they wish to).

Thing is, not everyone wants to advise what equipment they are using, but something is better then nothing I guess?

Just firing out ideas that may be of use
Old 02-08-2011, 01:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
Jilles runs xenon speedo and motor in mod with orion batts and a ltc-r body with a 417 under it all.
The couple times I talked with him and looked at his car he had a new Orion motor in there... I know because we I specifically asked him about it.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Thanks for putting up all the info. This is incredibly helpful.

What would be great is to take what you have and add photos of the cars or at least the winners cars (without body). I know cars, motors, etc can change throughout the weekend but it would still be nice. I usually look completely through the Snowbirds Photos. A lot of them you can figure out who's car it is but not always. I am sure if you had a popular sight with the info you have, teams would be willing to send in photos. It would be great marketing for manufacturers.

I remember back in the day in offroad, Car Action would do a 3 or 4 page article with huge pictures of a national winner's car. This has seemed to be lost somewhere along the way.

Thanks again,

Troy
Old 02-08-2011, 02:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Troy Mckune
I remember back in the day in offroad, Car Action would do a 3 or 4 page article with huge pictures of a national winner's car. This has seemed to be lost somewhere along the way.
That's what I was refering to as well.
Exactly, and why it isn't done anymore....anyone, anyone, Bueller?
Old 02-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Because in today's market to magazine's it's all about corporate America! Doing so requires larger issues at a larger cost to them. Or it would take away from pages that advertisers pay good money to advertise on.

I can honestly say I do MISS just this. Picking up next month's issue of RCCA and looking up the race, detailed results along w/ pictures of winners cars w/ their body right next to chassis...

It also doesn't help when national events such as Snowbirds completely ignore your questions about said topic

Originally Posted by PizzaDude
That's what I was refering to as well.
Exactly, and why it isn't done anymore....anyone, anyone, Bueller?

Last edited by SNIPR; 02-08-2011 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Thank You syndr0me for this is a lot of hard work!!!
Old 02-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fox88gt
It would be cool to have an On Road RC magazine. Go to your local news stand and flip though all the RC mags, may be 1/3 of the mag is actual articles, reviews, etc, and the rest is SCT/offroad advertisement space. Thankfully the internet is here because RC mags don't offer much in the way of actually tips, help, advice etc.

I'm not bashing offroad or short course, I own and race both, hell I even built an offroad dirt track behind my garage. But who really gives a F about what new parts are available for a 2wd slash?

Having an on road magazine talking about race results/equipment, tracks & stores, on road setup, tire reviews, chassis reviews, some good photography, hell even get a little technical with subjects like roll center, polar moment, downforce v. drag, side by side comparisons (bodies, motors, tires, etc), featuring on-road cars and relevant subject matter, and I'll subscribe instantly. My RC car action subscription ran out in '96 and has never been renewed.

If the RC industry wants to bring on-road racing back (and they do, look at all the new chassis available), they need to lead the way and showcase what the racers do.

Just my $0.02. And today is half price day LOL

Jeff
Originally Posted by syndr0me
Yeah, I think for the next race I'm going to add servos. Painters is an interesting idea as well!

I like the idea of having a repository for tech info, it's something that's been sorely missed. It's a TON of work though. I didn't realize just how much it would be. I don't think I can see myself doing this for anything other than electric on-road. However, if someone else wants to help get the info for other forms of racing, I'd be glad to post it on the site.

In addition to updates to the info, I've been adding a few little touches. Each post has a link back to the full results on LiveRC. I also linked to car setups and ESC setups where I could find them.
Originally Posted by Troy Mckune
Thanks for putting up all the info. This is incredibly helpful.

What would be great is to take what you have and add photos of the cars or at least the winners cars (without body). I know cars, motors, etc can change throughout the weekend but it would still be nice. I usually look completely through the Snowbirds Photos. A lot of them you can figure out who's car it is but not always. I am sure if you had a popular sight with the info you have, teams would be willing to send in photos. It would be great marketing for manufacturers.

Thanks again,

Troy
Above + ad space = $PROFIT$
Old 02-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Above + ad space = $PROFIT$
Jack squat for info + all adds + no one buys = bird cage liner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.