Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
SnowBirds winning brands of chassis,motors,batterys,etc? >

SnowBirds winning brands of chassis,motors,batterys,etc?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SnowBirds winning brands of chassis,motors,batterys,etc?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 09:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Josh DID use a TEKIN in WGT class. He was running the car of Pete Dagnola and I know that Randy was helping set the speedo up and changing stuff for Josh all week. Pete wrenched on the car and Josh drove it. No speed passion or any other speedo in that car.

EA
Yep, he even said it himself in his CEFX thread. KO for 1/12th mod, Tekin for WGT.

Direct quote from him:

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
The KO is a great speedo in 1/12 Mod - I've used it to win every 1/12 race but the WC for over a year now but they don't have the software to run with a Tekin in the "boosted" classes. I would suggest just getting a Tekin and being done with it...lol...
Old 02-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Holy crap, you guys are blowing up my PM's with updates! This is awesome, keep 'em coming!
Old 02-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

This is great info and work Adam, something we have definitely needed for a long time.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:16 PM
Tech Lord

Glad to hear that, I feel the same way. It's a bit of work, for sure, but fun thus far.

Anybody wanna help me start collecting info on winternats? I don't know *ish about nitro.

I'll do more updates tomorrow, I've gotta sleep.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Glad to hear that, I feel the same way. It's a bit of work, for sure, but fun thus far.

Anybody wanna help me start collecting info on winternats? I don't know *ish about nitro.

I'll do more updates tomorrow, I've gotta sleep.
Probably more info in that one page, than a six page write up in most mags. This is what I think the majority of racers want to know.

I'd help, but I know jack about nitro as well.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Team Tekin

I shot you all the info that I had for the guys I was working with. Glad to see somebody doing this again. As a manufacturer we looked forward to this.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Tech Lord

Randy,

Thanks for the info, I got the site updated. It's my pleasure, it's actually pretty fun to see the lists come together. Plus, anything that encourages manufacturers to continue supporting on-road is a cause worth pursuing.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Adam you should add this collective information site to your signature line...
Old 02-07-2011, 11:56 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Tron
Adam you should add this collective information site to your signature line...
That's a good idea.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
Jilles runs xenon speedo and motor in mod with orion batts and a ltc-r body with a 417 under it all.
Are you sure?
Jilles usually runs a Nosram (LRP's red sister) speedo's.

I'll ask him.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Tech Lord

I've heard Xenon and Tamiya Volaic, but I swear I saw a Nosram at the race. Someone let me know.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Tech Adept

Wow a lot of Tekin speedo's.

Not only winning but also a lot of them in the top 10.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It would be cool to have an On Road RC magazine. Go to your local news stand and flip though all the RC mags, may be 1/3 of the mag is actual articles, reviews, etc, and the rest is SCT/offroad advertisement space. Thankfully the internet is here because RC mags don't offer much in the way of actually tips, help, advice etc.

I'm not bashing offroad or short course, I own and race both, hell I even built an offroad dirt track behind my garage. But who really gives a F about what new parts are available for a 2wd slash?

Having an on road magazine talking about race results/equipment, tracks & stores, on road setup, tire reviews, chassis reviews, some good photography, hell even get a little technical with subjects like roll center, polar moment, downforce v. drag, side by side comparisons (bodies, motors, tires, etc), featuring on-road cars and relevant subject matter, and I'll subscribe instantly. My RC car action subscription ran out in '96 and has never been renewed.

If the RC industry wants to bring on-road racing back (and they do, look at all the new chassis available), they need to lead the way and showcase what the racers do.

Just my $0.02. And today is half price day LOL

Jeff
Old 02-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Have you considered adding servo's to the list?

I know it's not a performance thing, but maybe even the body painter.

I can see what you started blowing up. If you keep on it, it could possibly THE place to go for race results. People where I race were having a hard time just finding the results.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by pakk
Have you considered adding servo's to the list?

I know it's not a performance thing, but maybe even the body painter.

I can see what you started blowing up. If you keep on it, it could possibly THE place to go for race results. People where I race were having a hard time just finding the results.
Yeah, I think for the next race I'm going to add servos. Painters is an interesting idea as well!

I like the idea of having a repository for tech info, it's something that's been sorely missed. It's a TON of work though. I didn't realize just how much it would be. I don't think I can see myself doing this for anything other than electric on-road. However, if someone else wants to help get the info for other forms of racing, I'd be glad to post it on the site.

In addition to updates to the info, I've been adding a few little touches. Each post has a link back to the full results on LiveRC. I also linked to car setups and ESC setups where I could find them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.