Old 08-16-2004, 11:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

good one besercoe
Old 08-17-2004, 12:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by GundamWZero
I just want everyone to realize that if you sit down, and create a ESC that you know will fail, would you then give them to your drivers to race at a event? No. You continue to work out the bugs. That is what you call R & D. Once you work out all the bugs ( and in microsoft case, some of them) you should sell them. Of course, give one to each of your drivers, but at least the customers have a fighting chance at a Nationals too.
Settle Grettle, the difference between a GT7 and this unit will be bugger all, a bit smaller, a bit more efficient, some other bells and whistles, but it will not make the diference between average Joe coming 1st or 50th. Someone like Masami or Kinwald would be able to use any equipment, and dominate mongs like the rest of us.

All facets of manufacture have R&D, under varying conditions you would be more pissed if you bought one and blew up as soon as you ran during a hot day.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:40 AM
Tech Master

Manufacturers employ people that are World class drivers because they need someone good to do the testing and developement.

This is nothing new. At the 98 Worlds LRP's top drivers, including the World Champ himself were running speedos without a case, simply because there was no such case for those prototype speedos in existance.

Associated and Losi works drivers have been running wierd cars for years. When they are happy with them the factory release them to us - the buying public. Corally have just been doing the same with their fabulous new car.

Novak are doing the same thing. I have been following the developement of the GTX for some months through a friend who has been testing one in his TC3. He's also testing lots of new TC3 .....TC4? bits.

That sort of thing happens all the time in everything, including real cars. I don't really see anything wrong with it. I would rather be able to buy something that's tried and tested on the World's race tracks by the World's best drivers, than have to be the guinea pig myself.

Just my 2 cents, but I respect other people's different views.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:37 AM
tornado

Why not you Gundam register yourself to be Novak's test driver ? You'll get all the new equipment not yet released to the public.....I think you'll get sick of testing them after a while..

Bryan

Old 08-17-2004, 04:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by tornado
Why not you Gundam register yourself to be Novak's test driver ? You'll get all the new equipment not yet released to the public.....I think you'll get sick of testing them after a while..

Bryan
Heck man I can't drive!!! I probally wreck more than they can make!
Old 08-17-2004, 01:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by GundamWZero
Okay then, answer this; you call taking Nationals and World races with prototype ESCs, knowing that you've already tested and proven them before you handed them to your drivers RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT? What if you was beaten by a guy who has an ESC so far superior than yours in weight and power, and you couldn't buy it? I call this cheating! R&D was over before the Worlds, and the Nationals! I can garantee they also had extensive track times practicing with these ESCs. All those unknown guys trying to win a Worlds and National event got owned buy a company that didn't want to sell their ESCs until after a sanctioned event!

Call it what you like.........I call it cheating.
GundamWZero said:
"What if you was beaten by a guy who has an ESC so far superior than yours in weight and power, and you couldn't buy it?"

There is an ESC coming out that is FAR superior, and you can buy it!!!

Originally posted by Besercoe
Settle Grettle, the difference between a GT7 and this unit will be bugger all, a bit smaller, a bit more efficient
Besercoe you are just so right!!!
Old 08-17-2004, 01:26 PM
The Evicerator

Actually, there is quite a difference between the GTX and the GT7. The GTX is not only smaller and lighter than the GT7, but it is more efficient, has lower RDS on, and will deliver more power to the motor faster than GT7...all of which will result in faster spool up times for your motor.

Will it make the guy who finishes 50th at the race win instead? Probably not. But if you're near that top percentile of racers, any extra help counts.

Originally posted by Besercoe
Settle Grettle, the difference between a GT7 and this unit will be bugger all, a bit smaller, a bit more efficient, some other bells and whistles, but it will not make the diference between average Joe coming 1st or 50th. Someone like Masami or Kinwald would be able to use any equipment, and dominate mongs like the rest of us.

All facets of manufacture have R&D, under varying conditions you would be more pissed if you bought one and blew up as soon as you ran during a hot day.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

It's small but includes a mandatory 3lb Power capacitor
Old 08-17-2004, 04:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

A power capacitor and a heatsink - small but not really that small if those bits are included!

This new ESC > HERE < sure looks superior to me, could be the one to beat at the Worlds
Old 08-17-2004, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What looks? I don't see any pictures!

EDIT: me must read........
Old 08-17-2004, 05:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Evicerator
Actually, there is quite a difference between the GTX and the GT7. The GTX is not only smaller and lighter than the GT7, but it is more efficient, has lower RDS on, and will deliver more power to the motor faster than GT7...all of which will result in faster spool up times for your motor.

Will it make the guy who finishes 50th at the race win instead? Probably not. But if you're near that top percentile of racers, any extra help counts.
I have yet to see a side by side comparison of the GT7 and GTX, can you please post a pic of both units with each of their respective add-ons attached??
Old 08-17-2004, 05:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

This year, I saw a factory driver run countless packs through his touring car testing at a local facility running a prototype esc of another manufacturer (not novak, in other words). It ran without a hitch. When he raced in the high traction and competition at the 2004 snowbirds, however, he could not stop blowing them up, and the problems ultimately cost him places in the A mains. Don't think that because a product makes it through initial testing it is ready to hit the shelves. Ironically, this particular driver now runs for novak. Something tells me that Novak is prototyping the way they should.
I can't wait to get a GTX, if only to get rid of the awkward external schotky on my GT7 .
Old 08-18-2004, 12:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Evicerator: different thread, same question.: 12awg Vs. 14awg wire... Does it make sense to run 14awg wire in mod sedan??? If I remember my Electrics101 class, R is inversely proportional to surface... and I just bough 1.17+ batts, so I'd like not to loose that extra .01V that cost me $15 additional per pack, in 14awg resistance...

Thanks!
Paul
Old 08-18-2004, 05:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

ow!!!

what an ugly esc.........besides the orange colored (one os the reason I don't like novak =]=]=]=]=] ), they got to make an ugly design..........

that's a shame.............

but i hope it work, because only the performance does matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2004, 06:05 AM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally posted by tornado

Bryan
Dream on. Novak has their own pool of sponsored drivers, plus most of their staff are pretty good racers in their own right. It'll be a while before they ask us mongs to do any testing!

That said I've collected a pile of Cyclones from many different sources (some retail, some supposedly "ex Works") and no 2 of them are alike... each one has either different style of FET, or board, or ROM chip... very interesting.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.