Wiki Posts
Search

Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tpg racer
Anyone???
It has been talked about several times in this thread. You can't do it. There is a PC board and other components inside the serial cable.

-Robert
Old 09-20-2007, 02:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hello to all you electric pilots. This seemed like a popular enough forum for what I needed to say and so I needed to make a small anouncement.

In addition to what I have already posted on the 2007 Ko Propo Point Series thread that can be found in the nitro forum, I just wanted to add a couple of things. Some of you may or may not have known this but I come from a long history of fuel on road racing. So the fuel stuff is almost second nature to me at this point. I hope that I did not put anyone off here in the electric forum. You see the electric deal is still real new to me and with what little I knew and have learned was all I have had to work with. So I am real grateful to guys like Hibeki and KO Staff for stepping in and answering some of the tougher questions that were being asked. I also wanted you all to know that I was putting together a 1/12 carpet racer for the winter season so that I could go out and learn as much as I could about this electric deal. Because I have to be honest, I think the whole EP deal is pretty cool, just never really had a chance, money or time to jump into it. All in all, I have appreciated your patience.

I didn't want to sound to redundant and so the other half of my announcement can be found in the aforementioned Ko Point Series. Please take a minute to read it. I want to wish all you racers a great rest of 2007 season and beyond.

Sincerely,

Daniel Alvarado
KOPROPO TECH
Old 09-20-2007, 02:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KOPROPO TECH
Hello to all you electric pilots. This seemed like a popular enough forum for what I needed to say and so I needed to make a small anouncement.

In addition to what I have already posted on the 2007 Ko Propo Point Series thread that can be found in the nitro forum, I just wanted to add a couple of things. Some of you may or may not have known this but I come from a long history of fuel on road racing. So the fuel stuff is almost second nature to me at this point. I hope that I did not put anyone off here in the electric forum. You see the electric deal is still real new to me and with what little I knew and have learned was all I have had to work with. So I am real grateful to guys like Hibeki and KO Staff for stepping in and answering some of the tougher questions that were being asked. I also wanted you all to know that I was putting together a 1/12 carpet racer for the winter season so that I could go out and learn as much as I could about this electric deal. Because I have to be honest, I think the whole EP deal is pretty cool, just never really had a chance, money or time to jump into it. All in all, I have appreciated your patience.

I didn't want to sound to redundant and so the other half of my announcement can be found in the aforementioned Ko Point Series. Please take a minute to read it. I want to wish all you racers a great rest of 2007 season and beyond.

Sincerely,

Daniel Alvarado
KOPROPO TECH
glad i can help. ill try to jump in every now and then....

when will the C3 arrive? i saw a photo of a prototype at the IFMAR Electric Off-Road worlds
Old 09-28-2007, 07:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile VFS-1 pro competition 2

hi

I was wondering if anyone can help me out ? my Dad has brought me a VFS-1 pro competion 2 if anyone has a good profile for a 27 turn monster on a tight technical asphalt track appx size 30 metres x 20 metres running on rubber, my car is a Tamiya TRF 415 msx mre, batteries i use are IB4200.

I look forward to your replies
Old 09-28-2007, 09:04 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by youngben
hi

I was wondering if anyone can help me out ? my Dad has brought me a VFS-1 pro competion 2 if anyone has a good profile for a 27 turn monster on a tight technical asphalt track appx size 30 metres x 20 metres running on rubber, my car is a Tamiya TRF 415 msx mre, batteries i use are IB4200.

check out the profile on here: http://www.kopropo.com/vfs_help.htm

run it, and let us know if you like it. if you dont like it, we can make some other suggestions. but that profile is a good starting point.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by youngben
hi

I think you will find the factory setting pretty good for that scenario. But, try this. Keep the same profile shape but reduce each step by 14. So step one becomes 20 instead of 34 and step 32 becomes 30 instead of 44. We ran our C2 for the first time 2 wekeends ago and the factory setting was fine but the setting I have just suggetsed was better for us, notcieably punchier. We also tried the profile which is listed as Technical 27T, cannot remember but I think it is on the KO website. This starts at 1 and straightlines up to 32. We found it noticebly not good. Clear loss of speed on the straight and we didn't see any particlar additonal punch. And the lap times were consistently slower. There is a posting a few pages back which discusses the merits, for a punchy setting of starting at a higher frequency before dropping the frequency, which is what the factory setting does and why I used the shape but reduced the frequencies consistently. I suspect following this shape and experimenting with the starting point will give you the right setting for your scenario. But I am no expert on this, just relating what I did based on what I had read on this forum
Old 09-28-2007, 09:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

P.S we run Xray T2, IB4200s (EP4200s this weekend!) rubber on asphalt, home track is reasonably grippy although Sunday's race will not be! so it will be interesting to see how the VFS-1 setting goes on a less grippy track, unless the rain continues in which case the old ESC will going back in.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Hebiki

run it, and let us know if you like it. if you dont like it, we can make some other suggestions. but that profile is a good starting point.
Hebiki,
I am having a little problem understanding the setting, for more punch I would think 1 is the most punch and the higher the number go's it would be more speed, so with stock where would you set the FR for more punch at the start and the middle range of the TH.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Hebiki

Hebiki,
We have tried kopropo 27t technical profile and we did not like it, we also tried yellowshark (post 2317) Suggestion by keeping the same profile but reducing each step by 14, it did not feel smooth, we tried 1 of the guys profile at our club, we liked it but we could of done with more punch out of the slow corners, the profile is shown below

Any Suggestions greatly received
Old 10-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default VFS-1 as strong as an ox!!!!

A couple of weeks back getting race ready I reversed the connections on the battery pack only to see smoke pour from my almost new C2 and the solder melt and the leads detach. I have just just put it all back togetehr and it is working! On the bench the engine seems to be pulling full revs; everything seems OK.

Is there anything I should be wary of?

Is there a way of checking the capacitor is OK?

Of course this Sunday will be the proof of the pudding.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by yellowshark
A couple of weeks back getting race ready I reversed the connections on the battery pack only to see smoke pour from my almost new C2 and the solder melt and the leads detach. I have just just put it all back togetehr and it is working! On the bench the engine seems to be pulling full revs; everything seems OK.

Is there anything I should be wary of?

Is there a way of checking the capacitor is OK?

Of course this Sunday will be the proof of the pudding.
hey

had the same, mine worked to except for the brakes,

brake fets fried-out
Old 10-24-2007, 12:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Oh b*&ger, yup just tried it in hall way, our brakes gone too. Well thats 150 bucks down the drain. Expensive error
Old 10-24-2007, 01:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Oh b*&ger, yup just tried it in hall way, our brakes gone too. Well thats 150 bucks down the drain. Expensive error
just send it to KO they wil repair it,
my mate send one in for repair cost was about 75$ with shipment from holland
not cheap but its better then a new one
Old 10-24-2007, 02:32 PM
Tech Addict

Exclamation Hara Twister 2.1 Carbon - Like New!!!!

I have a Hara Twister 2.1 Carbon in very, very good condition and I'll let it go to anyone who wants/needs one for a good price with free shipping within the US.

PM me if interested.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Brake FETS replaced in a VFS-2000 ran about $50-55 last winter. If you're throwin' it away, I'll pay post and you can throw it in THIS direction!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.