Old 08-15-2005, 03:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Robert-
Did you get the package? -JB
Old 08-15-2005, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
What is the current limiter setting for? ...the "label" seems to imply that the esc would not deliver more than the current indicated in the drop down ...if that is the case, why qould you want that ..seems like you'd want "all the jiuce possible" to get to the motor?
The current limiter is so that you do not "waste" power. As an example: in a 60 foot straight you car can pull all the way down the straight with the current limiter set to 180A. You change the current limiter to 120A and can pull the same speed and lap times. You have now just did a little battery management and your runtime should increase due to not "wasting" an extra 60A that the motor could draw. You can however set this too low and see that the car will no longer will pull the straight and may become less aggressive.

Mainly if you are having runtime issues, this is an option to get a little more runtime.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

...maybe everyone else has just bought more motor since you raced last

...its not his motor Harsh. I personally guarantee it!
Old 08-15-2005, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Advil
Yeah, Advil is my motorman and his motor are ballistically fast when my esc is properly calibrated with my M11.

Anyways, this is what happened. I wasn't getting full throttle from my radio. It just so happened that I just got a new M11 radio and I calibrated that with my spektrum perfectly. But, ( stupid me ) I forgot to calibrate my radio to my esc. I was only getting 3/4 throttle during the whole day, but still managed to qualify 6th and finish in 6th in the A. I noticed it when I was playing with the throttle trim on my car. When I cranked it up, the car wouldn't move as much. But, when I resetted the tx to the esc, the esc was working like a champ.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Managed to test my speedo tonight with everything on my bench and it works still... Guessing the thermal cutoff just kicked in and the slight smoke someone saw was traction compound or something evaporating if it had been spilt near the speedo/motor.
Dont want to repeat going from full chat with a 7 single to stopped dead on the back straight though!
Ill try and test it out in stock and make sure its working ok again before i do some more modified.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Hella Fast Car!!!

Roger,

Will you be looking for "victims" on Saturday or Sunday this weekend?
Old 08-15-2005, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Default profile for twister 2.1

anyone has a profile for hara's twister 2.1? please share.

thnx.

CE!
Old 08-15-2005, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Roger,

Will you be looking for "victims" on Saturday or Sunday this weekend?
Oh yeah, there's gonna be some victims saturday at Ripon !!!
Old 08-16-2005, 02:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

i know there are setups for 27T motors out there but does anyone have any suggestion for a rs540 motor to get the best out of it any help would be great

cheers
Old 08-16-2005, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roger
Yeah, Advil is my motorman and his motor are ballistically fast when my esc is properly calibrated with my M11.

Anyways, this is what happened. I wasn't getting full throttle from my radio. It just so happened that I just got a new M11 radio and I calibrated that with my spektrum perfectly. But, ( stupid me ) I forgot to calibrate my radio to my esc. I was only getting 3/4 throttle during the whole day, but still managed to qualify 6th and finish in 6th in the A. I noticed it when I was playing with the throttle trim on my car. When I cranked it up, the car wouldn't move as much. But, when I resetted the tx to the esc, the esc was working like a champ.
ahhh ...yepo that would do it ...so do you have the pc software for it? ...you can dial in that speedo to your hearts content I love this speedo, I actually own 4 of them, one in each car, a backup one, and one I picked up on ebay (I guess a "backup to the backup" )
Old 08-16-2005, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

ah ...sounds like end user error then
Old 08-16-2005, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

ahhh ...yepo that would do it ...so do you have the pc software for it? ...you can dial in that speedo to your hearts content I love this speedo, I actually own 4 of them, one in each car, a backup one, and one I picked up on ebay (I guess a "backup to the backup" )
Javs: Yeah, I have the handheld programmer for my esc. I need to buy another VFS-1 for back-up.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Emm, i'm thinking of buying a VFS1 Comp and to make my question short. Can i use the VFS 1 "Programming program" on a Macintosh Powerbook B3? Cuz that's the only "computer" i can take to the track..

*edit* After closer inspection of the Mac, it doesn't even have a COM-port. Crappy POS
Old 08-17-2005, 01:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sparx
Emm, i'm thinking of buying a VFS1 Comp and to make my question short. Can i use the VFS 1 "Programming program" on a Macintosh Powerbook B3? Cuz that's the only "computer" i can take to the track..
unless you have a program that can emulate a windows environment (like soft windows). i dont think it'll work. the VFS program is a .exe

Old 08-17-2005, 02:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

That's what i was thinking...
Well, if i buy a VFS, i'll have a biig reason to buy a laptop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.