Originally Posted by RC12L3a
dear ko staff:
The folowings are the components for my 8T 1/12:
1. KR-297FZ 40 FM KO Receiver
2. VFS-1 Pro, default setting
3. KO PDS-949ICS servo
4. KO ex11 presto
and below are my questions:
1. There are some beeping sounds from my servo since the frist time i tried it on pit table ....why??is it normal or what?
2. what i need to take advantage of the "digital" character of my servo?
3. can i add a receiver cap? (when i do not use a receiver pack...of coz)
4. if i am minded to avoid glitching/jamming due to over motor amp draw...should i tune UP the BEC in my VFS1 (4V), or tune it down?
thanks a lot.
1. I have never heard a beeping sound coming from the servo. Is it a buzzing sound? Digital servos will always buzz because they are trying to stay at center. If it is constantly buzzing, you may want to check your linkage or your servo saver. It should stop now and then.
2. The stock setting is fine in the servo. Digital just means that it is more precise and has more holding power compared to an analog servo. Download the servo program to see what you can adjust. Some people like to play with the settings.
3. You can use a receiver cap, it won't hurt. But when using a receiver pack to power the servo and receiver, you MUST remove the red wire in the wiring harness from the speed controller to the receiver. DO NOT CUT the wire, just remove it from the harness. You will need to re-install the wire for programming.
4. With the KR-297FZ receiver, you will need to have the power save set no lower then 2.5V. You will run into problems if you do not remove the wire as mentioned in #3 when using a receiver pack. You can set the BEC voltage higher if you are having problems with runtime and power.