Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by V12
No you donīt need that second switch. But you should use a choke as the one delivered with the servo.
and connect it to the positive side of the battery terminal.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Robert will the carbon style reciver and Esc be avalible in the states ?
Old 05-12-2005, 11:57 AM
Tech Adept

KO Guys:

Any chance of some support !?
I have a ESC giving up less than 2 minutes into a regional Final and if theres something that you know which might be able to help, ie the power caps blown, shotki is kaput, then it'd be nice to actually have some help with the matter!

Having seen posts on here from you, i figured if there was an issue it'd be resolved pretty quickly, not just ignored for 4 days as if it isnt there.
Ive seen replies in the Helios area, and figured you'd get to here eventually. I saw the reply in here a few hours ago, and figured rather than jump to conclusions, give you chance to reply to my post incase you were doing that first, instead it seems like a knackered VFS-1 is acceptable?
Highly doubt thats the attitude taken, but ignoring my problem doesnt seem all that optimistic of anything asside from that does it!

'Its ok, he has 2, were alright lads'
come on, Giz some help ey! otherwise its back to inferior speed controllers where crazy priced shotki diodes arent required to be placed onto the motor each time you want to swap em over.

Surely some help isnt too much to ask for!
Old 05-12-2005, 12:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the reply. If I don't put in a switch, woun't the servo have power as soon as I solder in the batt.? Thanks again.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:29 PM
T-man

He guys just another question on vfs-1

I loaded the 19T high speed setting from the Ko site into my VFS-1. Problem now is that when I go to neutral on the transmitter (ex1 R) I don't have any breaking what so ever. And I like driving with some breaking in Neutral throttle.

Can I set breaking effect in Neutral throttle with Nutralbrake or Breakfreq settings?
What is the difference?

Marc

Old 05-12-2005, 01:18 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Originally posted by mcsquish
Thanks for the reply. If I don't put in a switch, woun't the servo have power as soon as I solder in the batt.? Thanks again.
No just the servo FET output stage is on power but not the servos control unit. This is powered by the ESCīs BEC.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:53 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally posted by T-man
He guys just another question on vfs-1

I loaded the 19T high speed setting from the Ko site into my VFS-1. Problem now is that when I go to neutral on the transmitter (ex1 R) I don't have any breaking what so ever. And I like driving with some breaking in Neutral throttle.

Can I set breaking effect in Neutral throttle with Nutralbrake or Breakfreq settings?
What is the difference?

Marc
I think you just set this from the radio, throttle trim I believe.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

JasonC-
At this moment, I don't know. Last time the VFS-2000 with the carbon fiber looking case was a limited edition.

PaulC2K-
Don't you think that you should be email KO directly if it was such a big issue?? I try to help people on this chat forum when I can. This is not part of my job. Don't want to sound rude, but hey come on this is a chat forum not a service request forum.

Soldering the shotki on backwards damaged it. It's done and will need to be replaced. You may have also damaged the transistor and/or brake FETs. So you will have to send it in for repairs to your local KO repair center. I think the closest to you would be Helgar Racing in the UK.

T-man-
Setting the neutral brake to 100 is equivalent to 50% of your brakes on. Yes the 19T motors do have less drag due to having bearings rather than bushings. You may want to start small in the setting until you find the drag brake that you are comfortable with.

V12-
No the servo will still need power from the receiver to turn on. The blue wire is just to get the 7.2V to the servo. The servo lead wire still needs the 6V coming from the recevier to the servo.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:56 PM
V12
Tech Elite

KO PROPO Staff
I think you didnīt understand me the right way. mcsquish wanted to know if his FET-servo isnīt switched on if he solder the blue wire directly to the battery without a switch. Iīm saying basically the same as you but maybe my words were not a perfect choice.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Is there a downloadable manual for the vfs-1? I may have overlooked it on the site.

Thanks, Billy
Old 05-12-2005, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

V12-
Sorry, I ment to reply to mcsquish not you.

lawtonlosi-
I think that someone posted the instructions a few pages back. Try a search.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:35 PM
T-man

Thankx Ko Propo Staff.

Old 05-13-2005, 04:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks to V12 and KO PROPO Staff. I will try a new speedo this weekend, I hope. If the magic smoke comes out of something I'll let you know. lol..
Old 05-13-2005, 06:55 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Where is the cheapest place to buy the PC Adapter? $75 seems to be a bit much for a serial connector and simple software...
Old 05-17-2005, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi, i am thinking of getting a vfs-1 and program setting adapter set when i've got enough money, but does the servo lead from the speedo (red,white and black wire) go straight into the setting adapter, or do you have to get another lead to connect it or does it come with everything to set it up

Charles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.