Originally posted by Joneser
ok, I have a college degree and I feel stupid when I look at the instructions for the programmer. I have figured out how to change all of the variables and save them to slot 1. What I dont understand is how the hell to transfer them to the speedo. I think the instructions are not clear and I dont want to lose what I saved. one other issue is that when I look at the setups on the ko website I see 2 things missing what is "cut vt." and then there is a power save field on the programmer that I dont see in the sample settings. Finally, current limit is listed as 12 on the sample settings and I dont see how that can be set. 40 is the lowest number I can get other than off.....which is what I was told to run anyways. Any insight would be helpful. Also, what are the settings on the speedo when you get it? It felt very soft in stock.
Also, I like to print out copies of the instructions for my binder and I dont see speedo instruction manuals or programmer instruction manuals anywhere...can anyone help?
Joneser.. bear with me.. i will try to answer ALL of your questions.
Ok.. the stock settings for the VFS-1 is 36 across the board. search back about 7-8 pages. i posted an excel file that tells you the frequency for each stage number. 36 across is WAY TOO SOFT for stock.
i never go above 22 for stock. in fact. i stay in the teens and single digits.
below are instructions on how to program your esc with the handheld adapter. step by step
1. unsolder the motor & unplug the esc from the receiver
2. plug into the hand held adapter.
3. turn on the handheld adapter.
4. hold down the small button the esc switch. then slide the white switch to the on position. the RED LED light will turn on, then off, when it turns on again, you are ready to program.
5. on your HHA (handheld adapter), use the up and down buttons and go to the screen that says RX TX (RX = receive, TX = Transmit)
6. the left button corresponds to RX, and right button on TX.
7. HOLD DOWN the left button until it says "OK" on the HHA.
8. you have received the profile thats on your adapter.
9. program the profile as you wish.
10. scroll back to the RX TX screen. hold down the button for TX (right button)
11. the red led light will flash rapidly. CONGRATS. you just programmed your ESC.
12. turn off the esc. turn off the HHA. replug everything in.
Current Limit of 12 means its 120V. the zero got dropped.
to save your settings that you just programmed:
1. scroll to a memory slot (1-3)
2. program the throttle profile.
3. scroll to the screen that says LD SV
4. hold down the SV button. when it says ok. it has been saved.
5. later, to retrieve the profile. scroll to the slot you saved it in, go to the LD SV screen. hold down the LD button and it'll say "OK"
6. scroll and you will your profile.
hope that helps.