Wiki Posts
Search

Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 08:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

And now a question...

I've scoured the KO site and can't find information re: the ICS programmable servos. There aren't even "manuals" available for the servos themselves, only the ICS card to fit the handheld programmer.

What characteristics of the servos are programmable? What are the bounds? My specific interest is in the 949 servos.

Thanks,

Scottrik
Old 02-27-2007, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Settings that you can program the servo with:

Pluse Stretch: Adjusting to a larger number gains more torque when it starts to move and throughout the movement. Allows for changing the reaction of the movement of the servo. For example, at the end of a straightaway as you enter into a turn, if the front tires are slipping, then the setting is too strong. Try a setting of 1 or 2.

Punch: Adjusting the power for when the servo instantaneously starts to move. Example, If the steering reaction does not react until half way thorugh a turn, this is bad. Correcting this, you would like to have more initial speed. Try a setting of 5 or more.

Deadband: This is the neutral or center position of the servo movement.

Speed: Adjust the maximum speed that the servo will operate at.

Dampening: Dampening of the servo as it returns to neutral.

Protection Timer: Setting of the timer is for when the servo notices a large amp draw for X-seconds, will power itself down to save the FETs (PDS-2343/44/63/63/65/66, PDS-949, PDS-763.64 & PDS-8044). For the PDS-2367/68 and anything newer this is the "Pickup time" of the servo. This is the movement of the servo as it picks-up from its current location. More of a "fine tune" persay.

Limit: Total movement that you will allow the servo to operate. This is to prevent accidental setting on the Tx.

-I hope this helps.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Very much so. Thank you!

Now to start playing with this info...

Scottrik
Old 02-28-2007, 04:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey Guys,

I have just managed to get Communication with My Hara Twister and have a few questions-

I run 19T mainly on carpet/foam/tight technical tracks and am looking for a set-up-I have found one on the KO site and think I have found out how to put this into my speedo

what is -
brake frequency higher/lower??????
power save higher/lower??????
throttle response higher/lower??????
current limiter higher/lower??????

also when you download from the KO site it mentions frequency 0???
Is there one?
Would anyone use neutral/drag brake with a one-way diff if so what setting?

cheers

Gary

My mate used the same 19T profile last night with old 3300's in 19T and overtook a 19T running 4300's he said this profile (19T technical track )was the muts nuts!
Old 03-07-2007, 09:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

OK guys, I've been trying different profiles for my Twister 2.2 running dirtoval. In the mod car I leave the Hara profile in and I'm happy with it. In stock I have tried several profiles from here and KO's website along with a few of my own that start out around 7 and start to go higher at mid throttle or so.

My problem is, I don't see any difference in the performance. I think it is because we are at full throttle almost constantly. It was my understanding from a post on here that if you keep the number low (say 7) all of the way through the profile you will lose top speed, so I've always ended up much higher at WOT.

After that long dissertation my question is:
Would I be better off with a profile that is somewhat flat and has very low numbers, and adjust gearing if necessary? SInce I just barely get off the throttle entering the corner would this give me more of a "punch" feeling. Or would it kill the top speed so much I would be unhappy with the performance?

Thanks for any insight.

Mark
Old 03-07-2007, 10:02 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gaza121
Hey Guys,

I have just managed to get Communication with My Hara Twister and have a few questions-

I run 19T mainly on carpet/foam/tight technical tracks and am looking for a set-up-I have found one on the KO site and think I have found out how to put this into my speedo

what is -
brake frequency higher/lower??????
power save higher/lower??????
current limiter higher/lower??????

also when you download from the KO site it mentions frequency 0???
Is there one?
Would anyone use neutral/drag brake with a one-way diff if so what setting?

cheers

Gary

My mate used the same 19T profile last night with old 3300's in 19T and overtook a 19T running 4300's he said this profile (19T technical track )was the muts nuts!
Gary, which profile did your friend use? a few answers to your questions:

brake frequency higher/lower?????? - adjust if you are using brakes. ive never messed with this. but will start experimenting with it more since i am starting to use a spool more often now.

power save higher/lower?????? - this affects guys that use spektrum. i dont use spektrum so i leave it as the default factory setting.

throttle response higher/lower?????? - 1 always feels good. go back a few pages. Robert from Ko Propo has a great explanation for this.

current limiter higher/lower?????? - turn it off if you want maximum power from your batteries
Old 03-07-2007, 10:05 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gaza121
what is -
here's your answer Gary
Originally Posted by rcnewb2004
what doe it mean to "increase or decrease the response of the throttle input"? sorry i know its a dumb question... but i cannot understand how it works

Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff
A throttle response of 1 would make the input (moving the throttle trigger) more aggressive. A setting of 9 would make it less aggressive.

This is only true for the VFS-1 Pro VFS-2 and Competition, not the C2.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:33 PM
Tech Addict

test post.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:31 AM
Tech Addict

I race 27t stock on a huge track and have a car which is super fast at the start of the race and very slow at the end of the race. I have the car geared about right for the track ( I actually have the track record for single lap and race, and this is a very competitive club). When I touch the motor it is extremely hot after a race... My batteries still have a lot of mahs left in them.

I have been using a profile which is fairly low in the scale eg starts at the lowest frequency and works it way up to about 1/3 of the maximum frequency. Would this be causing the heat build up, slowing my car down?

thanks
Mike
Old 03-15-2007, 01:53 AM
Tech Master

hmm... no am not sure, but pushing ur motor hard is certainly something u are doing. Does your brushes suffer any discoloration? i am thinking if u fan ur endbell, u maybe able to keep ur performance longer!
Old 03-15-2007, 02:34 AM
Tech Addict

no, I have no brush discolouration and the comm is fine as well. Everything looks good, it just fades during the race badley.

Mike
Old 03-15-2007, 04:44 AM
Tech Master

ever measured motor temps? (i continue to think that ur drop in performance is due to motor over heating) I sugguest putting a fan on it. See if a reduction in heat will allow it to not fade as much.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am using the VFS-1 Competition with Futaba FASST 2.4 module and receiver, with KO 2363 servo. What minimum voltage should I set on the ESC? Thanks.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Hi, I need some advice on the VFS-1 from the KO propo staff

last week I was running a orion revolution marc rheinhard 12x2 with a VFS-1 pro (not the competition) and with my second pack of IB4200wc (5 elements) the car start as a rocket but suddenly its performance fells to half, just a couple of seconds after... the batteries were OK so I though it might be the brushes (don't really have experience on brushed stuff) that someone told me came with the motor (orion sprint) that just work for a couple of runs.... at that moment I didn't worry too much as I was already aware of that. By the way, I am using the mod technical track setup from KO website.

the thing is that I have just changed and run the brushes, the motor seems to have a lot of torque (I burn some wheels on the parquet) but as I cannot test it until Sunday, don't know if the motor will perform as before. The brushes were still there, compared with the new ones they were only 2mm less....

now that I have introduced the background, here is the question:

Could it be the esc that have burn a FET??? is there such a thing like a high speed/low speed (frequency) FETS?? I haven't tried other motor yet, so I cannot say it is not the ESC... what would happen if the esc burns only part of the FET?? Does it stops completely?? Can this behaviour actually be a symptom of that I have burnt a high speed FET??

I live in Spain and bought the ESC @ Japan, to where do I need to send it if it needs service???

sorry the long post.... any advice is welcome. Thanks!
Old 03-22-2007, 02:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kenneth Tan
I am using the VFS-1 Competition with Futaba FASST 2.4 module and receiver, with KO 2363 servo. What minimum voltage should I set on the ESC? Thanks.
not sure about the FASST, but with spektrum I'm running 4.0V.....

cheers,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.