Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC >

Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC

Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC

Old 03-19-2006, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

The capacitor has a temperature limit, when it gets too hot, it will blow. When you set the frequency low, you increase the temperature of your ESC, motor, and capacitor at the same time, which might be the cause of capacitor blown.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:58 PM
Tech Master

I am just curious as to what actually changes in the VFS system when I hit the throttle. As I change from 50% throttle to 100% throttle, does the duty cycle change? or does the duty cycle remain the same, and the period (the length of time of each period) change?

And also does it differ from other ESCs?
Old 03-21-2006, 02:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i figured out the cap blowing problem, lets just say i'm an idiot. I put it on reverse, didn't notice it had a neg side. I noticed one wire was longer than the other and thought they cut it that way so if i mount the cap to the side of the esc it would already fit, well that ended up being the reverse of what it should be. I bought a couple extra caps at an electronic store for 2 bucks each, ko charges 19.00? and installed the next one reverse again and it started to get hot and bulge out, so i took out the instructions again and found my reverse polarity problem. no problems any more, the car looked kinda cool with a puff of smoke coming out in front of the rear wheel during practice when the cap blew, like a turbo.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default VFS-1 Repair Respond Time

Dear KO Staff,

I have send a faulty unit to you in early feb 2006 via your Hong Kong distributor. How much time do you need to repair and send back the unit to me? When I check with the my local hobby shop, they just give me an answer that the factory haven't reply. I feel that the after sales support are disappointing as I have waited for two month and unable to enjoy playing with my car due to no esc. Not like LRP brand where you can change a faulty unit with a new one on the spot with minimal amount. If this situation still continue I might need to buy a new esc from LRP brand and to have them support me. I hope you guys can improve your service level to the customer and not just sell the esc only. This will not create confident and long term relation to your product. I hope those people who read this (especially the newbie) to consider the fact before you decide to buy any branded esc.

Regards
Old 03-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thesaint
Not like LRP brand where you can change a faulty unit with a new one on the spot with minimal amount. If this situation still continue I might need to buy a new esc from LRP brand and to have them support me.
Don't kid yourself--LRP's "customer support" is FAR and away the worst I've seen in the industry. Just took a screwing last fall on an almost new QC2 (12 runs stock) that the hobby shop even got involved in communicating with them. LRP's "solution" was to offer to sell me a new unit for the "reduced" price of $140. No thanks--told 'em exactly where and how far they could put it. Went out and bought two new Novak GTB/Velocity systems for my mod cars (1/10 and 1/12--had been stewing between the LRP and Novak systems, but this made the decision a no-brainer) and picked up a VFS-Pro system to try for my stock cars. I'm VERY impressed with the communication here and elsewhere re: the KO line and will buy another KO for my other stock car before our next indoor season starts.

Been selling off my POS QC2's (I had five). One thrown away at LRP, one sold locally, three to go. PM me and I'll sell you one of mine. They're service is crap with a capital 'C' but if you think they're great you're welcome to your delusion. I've also been a LOYAL Associated owner/racer for 20 years now (have owned nothing but Associated or Associated-based cars) and I've sworn I'll never buy another of their cars because of their association with LRP. Why they'd want to piss off someone who does nothing but throw money at this hobby is beyond me--especially when it was so obviously a defective product. There wasn't even any doubt.

Scottrik
Old 03-22-2006, 11:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Dear KO Staff,

I have send a faulty unit to you in early feb 2006 via your Hong Kong distributor. How much time do you need to repair and send back the unit to me? When I check with the my local hobby shop, they just give me an answer that the factory haven't reply. I feel that the after sales support are disappointing as I have waited for two month and unable to enjoy playing with my car due to no esc. Not like LRP brand where you can change a faulty unit with a new one on the spot with minimal amount. If this situation still continue I might need to buy a new esc from LRP brand and to have them support me. I hope you guys can improve your service level to the customer and not just sell the esc only. This will not create confident and long term relation to your product. I hope those people who read this (especially the newbie) to consider the fact before you decide to buy any branded esc.

Regards

thesaint,

please PM or email Robert Morris for your repair/warranty needs.

PM: Ko Propo Staff
Email: [email protected]

- Chris
Old 03-27-2006, 05:22 AM
Tech Regular

Dear KO Staff,

I have problem with my VFS-1. When I turn on the led lit but after I pull the throtle It's won't run. Then the led Flashing rapidly. How should I do? I reprogram it already but not working.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Dear KO Staff,

Regards
thesaint-
We do not deal with the Hong Kong distributor here in the US. That would be with the KO PROPO Japan. That being said, check with your distributor who they sent it to.

If they did send it to us, they need to contact us. I do have one esc that came from Hong Kong Jan. 31st with no contact information. Just a mailing address.

BTW, KO PROPO USA does not warranty anything that was purchased out side of North and South America. We will only service items that were purchase through our dealers.

-Robert
Old 03-27-2006, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by J-racing
Dear KO Staff,

I have problem with my VFS-1. When I turn on the led lit but after I pull the throtle It's won't run. Then the led Flashing rapidly. How should I do? I reprogram it already but not working.
J-racing-
YGM
Old 03-28-2006, 09:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi! i just got my twister 2.1. im trying to set the neutral, throttle and brake positions but the led doesnt blink. im wondering if its a diffective unit or im the one whos diffective?? the motor runs when i hit the throttle but i dont know it recognized my throtttle, neutral and brake positions.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There are two setting modes when switching on your VFS-1. The first one is covered in your manual. Here are the instructions for entering the Communication Mode.

• VFS-1 and a set adaptor are correctly connected.
  • The power supply is connected with VFS-1.
  • Hold the set button down on the VFS-1 and turn the power on/off switch to the on position.
  • While holding the set button down, the LED light will come on.
  • Keep holding the button down until the LED light goes off and then release the set button. You are now in the communication mode.

It sounds like you are entering the Communication Mode where you are not able to set neutral, high or low points.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:11 AM
Tech Regular

yes i get to that point but the manual says that it will blink 2 for throttle high point and 3 blinks for brake high point. how can i do that???
Old 03-28-2006, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chicmagnet
hi! i just got my twister 2.1. im trying to set the neutral, throttle and brake positions but the led doesnt blink. im wondering if its a diffective unit or im the one whos diffective?? the motor runs when i hit the throttle but i dont know it recognized my throtttle, neutral and brake positions.
Hey Edwin,

Come and join tonight's race at speedzone. We'll help you set your twister. That should be a piece of cake. But if your unit is defective, then Action Hobbies will surely do something about it. No need to worry.

Old 03-28-2006, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

angelo, im not sure if i can come tonight. got alot of things to do...atat na atat na nga ako patakbohin t2 ko!! hehehe....sure lang ako sa sat..baka drop by nalang..
Old 03-28-2006, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chicmagnet
angelo, im not sure if i can come tonight. got alot of things to do...atat na atat na nga ako patakbohin t2 ko!! hehehe....sure lang ako sa sat..baka drop by nalang..
You should also come with us this thursday at JP raceway. Para isang team tayo.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.