Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fusion Exceed Comp Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 01:27 AM
Tech Adept

Default Fusion Exceed Comp Brushless

I got me one of these, the 3.5T version and i just wanna share my experiences.

First of all it comes in a nice little box that contains everything you need. The wires have no plugs however so remember to buy the connector you need. Soldering is required to attach the motor to the ESC or plenty of electrical tape to keep the wires in place.
I had a major problem soldering the wires to the connectors. They just didnt want to stick together no matter how much i cleaned the surfaces. i was so annoying in the end that i just cut the wires to length and wrapped it all with electrical tape. Couple of turns with the electrical tape around the wires keeps it in place quite well.
The motor sounds like a jet engine and I only ran it on a low charged NiMH. I am charging the pack now to see what this thing can really do. It has a timing switch that you can turn by unscrewing the rear bell a little bit. I haven't messed with it yet though.
The ESC is amazing. The fan comes on when the motor runs and stops a little after. I thought it would be on at all times but it seems to be regulated by a thermostat. It has lots of functions including ABS and comes with reverse disabled. Reverse can be enabled by going through a few menus. The weird thing about this ESC is that I have to reverse the throttle function on my controller otherwise it thinks that forward is brakes and backwards is forward.
Everything is solidly built and the package is tiny. Even the ESC is tiny. The wires are quite fat to handle the amps but they are very flexible. There is an array of capacitors hanging out of the ESC. I got no idea why it is not integrated inside the ESC but it can be easily position somewhere next to the ESC. The wire that holds it together is only 1" long though.
The power switch is tiny. Unfortunately the holes for the screws are too big and they are not threaded, so the standard screws that I have dont work and now I don't know how to attach it to the body.
The ESC takes commands and also sends power to the receiver from one wire. This had be very confused for a few minutes since i was expecting to have a separate wire for power to the receiver. It works anyhow and it is neater than two wires.
Finally, the motor does get hot even with a heatsink on and even within a few seconds of running. So keep your fingers away. The sound it makes though is so addictive

I hope this helps someone.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Adept

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8ToLbFMqAU

just a little vid of the motor running.
the sound it makes reminds me of a dentist drill