Wiki Posts
Search

millenium pro questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 05:16 AM
Tech Master

Default millenium pro questions

Just a few questions about millenium pro chargers

1/ Can you get it to display amps that have gone into the battery as it is charging, instead of the volts?

2/ I am not sure what the volt reading during charging means... it seems to slowly climb up.

3/ When I chose the profile select option to switch between nicd and nimh modes, it doesnt seem to work. I change it over to nimh and plug the pack in and start it charging, and it is still on nicad. To get it to change I have to go to edit profile... what am i doing wrong?
Old 08-15-2004, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

1) you can see Amps when it is charing, but not mAh.

2) The voltage reading is the battery pack voltage that is being monitored by the peak detection circuitry.

3) You have to do a edit profile to change a profile between NiMH and NiCD. The name will stay the same unless you edit that too. I set mine up so that I just switch profiles to get what I want. Here are my Profiles

NiCD 6-cell

NiMH 6-cell

NiCD-VAR <---- I change this one to do an oddball number of cells in the NICD mode

NiMH-VAR <----- Just like the NiCD-VAR but for NiMH

NiMHTx8 Transmitter pack charging mode.

so if I have a 4-cell NiCD, I choose the NiCD-VAR then edit charge to get the correct number of cells and amperage.

If I have a 5 cell NiMH reciever pack, I choose the NiMH-VAR and edit charge to have the current and number of cells needed

I have found one glitch on my older millenium. If you choose a NiMH profile and then go to Edit Charge and select NiCD and edit those parameters, that NiMH profile will charge in NiCD mode instead. kind of weird. Some people may like this, but I find it annoying. I guess it is fine if you name your profiles "Profile 1" and such. then you don't care how it works.
Old 08-15-2004, 06:53 AM
Tech Regular

do as fufman did. #3 you have to change the display also after changing the profile
Old 08-15-2004, 07:06 AM
Tech Regular

How do i change the volt threshold on my Millenium pro? It wont let me for the NIMH charging mode. Is it preset or something?
-Buddy
Old 08-15-2004, 07:13 AM
Tech Regular

its preset, if you want to adjust voltage threshold you have to go to nicad linear. this is actually what most chargers use. linear charge. this will give your batteries more punch
Old 08-15-2004, 07:16 AM
Tech Regular

OK, ill stick to the NIMH profile for my NIMH's. Thanks for the info though.
-Buddy
Old 08-15-2004, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by kufman
[B]1) you can see Amps when it is charing, but not mAh.
yes it shows the amps its charging at eg 5.0 amps but not how many have gone in... the LRP one shows this, would be nice if the MillPro did as well

2) The voltage reading is the battery pack voltage that is being monitored by the peak detection circuitry.
OK so in what way is this information usefull to the user to see? Does it give me any indication as to how far off being charged the battery is?

3) You have to do a edit profile to change a profile between NiMH and NiCD. The name will stay the same unless you edit that too. I set mine up so that I just switch profiles to get what I want. Here are my Profiles

NiCD 6-cell

NiMH 6-cell

NiCD-VAR <---- I change this one to do an oddball number of cells in the NICD mode

NiMH-VAR <----- Just like the NiCD-VAR but for NiMH

NiMHTx8 Transmitter pack charging mode.

so if I have a 4-cell NiCD, I choose the NiCD-VAR then edit charge to get the correct number of cells and amperage.

If I have a 5 cell NiMH reciever pack, I choose the NiMH-VAR and edit charge to have the current and number of cells needed
I can edit the profiles OK, i just dont know why when you go "profile select" it does not use the profile that you have selected

cheers
Old 08-15-2004, 06:29 PM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

scroll...

scroll...

/Profile Select {ENTER}

scroll...

scroll...

scroll...

(aha)

{ENTER} <---?

Old 08-15-2004, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes, the pack's voltage while charging is an indication of how close to fully charged it is, though that particular pack's peak voltage may be a little different from other packs you may have(it frequently varies from one pack to another, though it should fall within a certain range when it's in good shape). That's also what the charger's peak detection circuitry looks at to determine when it needs to shut the charge off. In the case of a voltage threshold setting like 5mV on a 6-cell pack, the charger will look for a total voltage drop of 0.03V in the pack to shut the charge off. And about how many mah have gone in, yes, it'd be nice if they all could display it all the time, but unfortunately they don't(& I believe it's only an estimation of it anyway, based on charge rate & time charged)......
Old 08-15-2004, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

you mean scroll to profile select
and scroll to start
and hit enter?
that is what i did...

Originally posted by WC
scroll...

scroll...

/Profile Select {ENTER}

scroll...

scroll...

scroll...

(aha)

{ENTER} <---?

Old 08-15-2004, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

ok thanks for that
i will take note of what voltage all my packs take and then i will be able to tell

Originally posted by Grizzbob
Yes, the pack's voltage while charging is an indication of how close to fully charged it is, though that particular pack's peak voltage may be a little different from other packs you may have(it frequently varies from one pack to another, though it should fall within a certain range when it's in good shape). That's also what the charger's peak detection circuitry looks at to determine when it needs to shut the charge off. In the case of a voltage threshold setting like 5mV on a 6-cell pack, the charger will look for a total voltage drop of 0.03V in the pack to shut the charge off. And about how many mah have gone in, yes, it'd be nice if they all could display it all the time, but unfortunately they don't(& I believe it's only an estimation of it anyway, based on charge rate & time charged)......
Old 08-15-2004, 07:09 PM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally posted by azenis
you mean scroll to profile select
and scroll to start
and hit enter?
that is what i did...
Meant you had to hit 'Enter' to select the new profile you want.

Do you?

If you don't it defaults back to the last/current profile unchanged.
Old 08-15-2004, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Ahh yes I had pressed enter will have another lookat it tonight
Old 08-16-2004, 05:02 AM
Tech Regular

love your work nige

wolf wolf wolfarooooo
Old 08-16-2004, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

ahhh yes??