Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VexVegaz
im hving issues with rattling while the steering on power. im horrible at trying to explain in details so i made a quick video of the problem..

as the shows no top deck, the problem happens when the top deck is screwed on as well. as the video shows, it happens when wheels are installed

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

when the wheels are off, it doesnt seem to happen at all
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

any ideas? thanks
sounds like a cv issue.. take the tires off but then add some washers to take up space and then tighten the wheel nut.. see if it still does it.. this will take the wheels out of the equation... but sounds like a cv issue..

now on a side note i ordered my kit s411 kit today.. jeremy
Old 11-23-2011, 04:46 PM
Tech Regular

Benzaah and others,

Thank you for the quick replies and advice. i rarely do i ever run my car without load, i chose to do so in this case to show my problem and even then the throttle was at 50%.

Thanks again with all the help and i will be lookin to get the gear diff, then the DCJ later on.

again, thanks for the advice and clarification..
Old 11-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

where can i order the s411 le, seems like only rcmarket has a preorder, is there some in usa, or canada have these for sale i want to place an order so i can get one, thanks
Old 11-23-2011, 05:47 PM
Tech Adept

im hving issues with rattling while the steering on power. im horrible at trying to explain in details so i made a quick video of the problem..

as the shows no top deck, the problem happens when the top deck is screwed on as well. as the video shows, it happens when wheels are installed

+ YouTube Video

when the wheels are off, it doesnt seem to happen at all
+ YouTube Video

any ideas? thanks
Guys, EVERY car is rattling, vibrating or name it like you want on power if tires are installed AND the car is on a car stand ... but if u drive, this isn't a problem anymore...

Doesn't matter which car, Tamiya, Yokomo, Schumacher and Co. - all doing that!

Only one Way to fix that - Double-Joint CVD's ...
Old 11-23-2011, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I'm getting a weird setup issue with both of my cars. Was puttering it around on some tiles (very low traction) with regular tyres and noticed that from a standstill or a slow roll, full throttle will make the back kick out and to the left.

Any ideas what this could be? Unbalanced car? Where should I start looking? Both were on kit setup.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The reason the car is chattering is you have a solid axle with a a single cvd joint, which creates a angle phasing issue. There are two solutions to fix this issue is dual joint cvds or if you run a front diff. This is why in big cars they do not do this, it affects the handling and unneeded stress on the parts.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Im trying to make a more refined gear chart and as i dont have my car let alone built yet, can someone tell me what the smallest and largest 48 DPI pinions i could fit with either an 84 or 81 tooth spur?
Old 11-24-2011, 12:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

had a weird feeling i was completely looby earlier.

just checked, with the 84t spur, a 30t pinion goes in. Feels a bit tight.
Old 11-24-2011, 03:42 AM
Tech Adept

the auction starts at 28 nov?
Old 11-24-2011, 04:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi VexVegaz.

It could also be the pins in the 19 teeth pulleys at the spur. The pins, which go through the spur axle and hold the pulleys. The hole in the pulleys are slightly too big for the pins. Fill in something at the pins - like a tiny puttygum ball (only 1 mm thick) at each pin end.

I had a noise like that. Wenn there was no weight on the belts, then I had no noise. I had exactly the same issue years ago in a Corally RDX Phi.

Try it. It is done in a few minutes. Mayby that is your problem.

This issue has been discussed earlier here in this forum.

Benzaah and others,

Thank you for the quick replies and advice. i rarely do i ever run my car without load, i chose to do so in this case to show my problem and even then the throttle was at 50%.

Thanks again with all the help and i will be lookin to get the gear diff, then the DCJ later on.

again, thanks for the advice and clarification..
Old 11-24-2011, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

Originally Posted by zaraz
where can i order the s411 le, seems like only rcmarket has a preorder, is there some in usa, or canada have these for sale i want to place an order so i can get one, thanks
anyone thanks
Old 11-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Tech Adept

http://www.walterrchobby.com.au/inde...rder-only.html
Australia
Old 11-24-2011, 11:38 AM
Tech Adept

anyone ever tried this software?
http://www.rctek.com/miscellaneous/pit_tools.html
it looks good
Old 11-24-2011, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

for everyone talking about the soft, medium, and hard parts. i did see that the hard parts are marked with a H on them. the medium has no markings and the stock parts in my kit look to be the same as the medium parts. hope this clears up some things.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Tech Rookie

As stated already, the rattling is because of the CVDs getting angled too much. Nothing else. Every car with spool has this phenomenon to some degree.

This is just a theoretical problem though, since a properly driven/properly set up car never reaches those angles, except maybe in really tight hair pins and slow sections. At low speed, this rattling is negligible (when driving). If you need to turn the steering that much in order to get around the corner, your car is not set up properly. This extreme angling of the CVDs will also make the rear end feel loose (more than necessary). I usually never turn the steering more than 85%. It's sufficient even for very tight tracks.

Solution: Dual-joint axles or differential. A gear diff with 500k oil works very well in every condition.

Best,

Michael, Serpent International

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.