Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Old 06-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

not sure if the s400 gear diff was the same but there appear to be only 2 planetary gears in the diff. never seen it before and wonder how it might perform compared to the more typical arrangement with 4 gears? less friction and smoother feeling or maybe the opposite?
Old 06-11-2011, 04:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
Parts arrived !
How much for gear diff unit? I wanna try one in front.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Isaac
Sorry for the here we go again but it's a concern so I ask. I'm in the US as well and I remember my fellow racers with the S400 so I'm asking.
Search for this topic... it has been asked and answered many times over the last couple of months.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Ditto
Old 06-12-2011, 03:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

had my first run with the car today. kit setup is not ideal. but firstly, we run on a open fast track, lowish grip. i went out for maybe 3 mins first up. to get a feel for the car, out of the box, it is way nervous, too much steering, and not alot of rear grip. due to the sweeper at the end of the straight, it is banked, and the cars scrape at mod speed. so i raised ride hieght to 6.5 rear and 6 front. 2mm over ride hight droop at rear and 3mm over R/H at front. then went to the White rear spring. this change was Massive. everything started to work. tried alot of small things, and the reacts very well to the smallest change. removed shims for roll centers, removed rear bar, changed toe at front. all made differences one at a time. in the end i went back to kit settings apart from the rear springs, stood up the rear shocks to 3rd highest hole and one less at the front. lengthened rear wheelbase by 2mm, and presto. car is good. i had old tyres on, track was dusty, and i had base settings in teh Speedy (sp, 205Mod) and was a little over 1.5 tenths of my lap record with in 3 packs. as i bolt on fresher tyres, ramp up the speedy settings again (straight line speed) then we aproach the 15 sec barrier. i fialed however to crash test the car, but one VERY BIG issue is the Blades for the rear drive shafts. untill i can find something better, or serpent makes harder ones, if running MOD, be prepared to change them every 2 runs. they are cheap, and i believe 16 come in a spares packet. but this is one thing that does need to be addressed.

Overall, first run with the car, no Major issues, car is fast, car is easy to work on, reacts very well to the smallest change. Big Thumbs up from me for the 411.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:35 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Looking at either one of these or converting my TA05 with an Exotek Chassis, at the moment only running VTA but may well go back into Stock with that class slowly fading. Are these a fairly robust car? Whats the parts support like? I've tried all brands, Yokomo (yuck!), X Ray (Could never get it set up right), Corally (Bank loan for parts), have had most luck with Tamiyas (Esp 415) and Associated (Had a TC5 with an Exotek and it handled like a dream, very sorry I sold it!) and looking at my options, only must is NO BALL DIFFS (over them already!)

Appreciate any input.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default battery retainer

here is a pic of the change i made, only one hole needs to be drilled and just makes it so much easier.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent S411-100_3390-850-x-638-.jpg  
Old 06-12-2011, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nexxus
Looking at either one of these or converting my TA05 with an Exotek Chassis, at the moment only running VTA but may well go back into Stock with that class slowly fading. Are these a fairly robust car? Whats the parts support like? I've tried all brands, Yokomo (yuck!), X Ray (Could never get it set up right), Corally (Bank loan for parts), have had most luck with Tamiyas (Esp 415) and Associated (Had a TC5 with an Exotek and it handled like a dream, very sorry I sold it!) and looking at my options, only must is NO BALL DIFFS (over them already!)

Appreciate any input.
You need more patience and perhaps some help. An Xray is a weapon, but like everything else you need to tune it right. Built out of the box an Xray (and practically most cars these days) should perform very well at stock level on any surface provided you have the right tires. If it doesn't you're doing something wrong.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:51 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
You need more patience and perhaps some help. An Xray is a weapon, but like everything else you need to tune it right. Built out of the box an Xray (and practically most cars these days) should perform very well at stock level on any surface provided you have the right tires. If it doesn't you're doing something wrong.
The X Ray was going back about 5-6 yrs (FK05 I think it was)
Old 06-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Some customer made battery holder
Attached Thumbnails Serpent S411-img_0321.jpg   Serpent S411-img_0322.jpg  
Old 06-13-2011, 08:05 AM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up

ARENA S411 Bearing Set
Attached Thumbnails Serpent S411-ar-ber-s05.jpg  
Old 06-13-2011, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)
Default I want one!

This car looks awesome. I'm ready to sell off my T3 and 416 to get ahold of this kit. Love the gun-metal aluminum and gear diff.

Can't wait to read more user reviews as people get the car
Old 06-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Tech Champion

this weekend will have race result !
Old 06-13-2011, 02:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
this weekend will have race result !
Hi, I've just purchased an S411 and some spares from your online store, hope to get my kit here in Italy as soon as possible
Old 06-13-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
had my first run with the car today. kit setup is not ideal. but firstly, we run on a open fast track, lowish grip. i went out for maybe 3 mins first up. to get a feel for the car, out of the box, it is way nervous, too much steering, and not alot of rear grip. due to the sweeper at the end of the straight, it is banked, and the cars scrape at mod speed. so i raised ride hieght to 6.5 rear and 6 front. 2mm over ride hight droop at rear and 3mm over R/H at front. then went to the White rear spring. this change was Massive. everything started to work. tried alot of small things, and the reacts very well to the smallest change. removed shims for roll centers, removed rear bar, changed toe at front. all made differences one at a time. in the end i went back to kit settings apart from the rear springs, stood up the rear shocks to 3rd highest hole and one less at the front. lengthened rear wheelbase by 2mm, and presto. car is good. i had old tyres on, track was dusty, and i had base settings in teh Speedy (sp, 205Mod) and was a little over 1.5 tenths of my lap record with in 3 packs. as i bolt on fresher tyres, ramp up the speedy settings again (straight line speed) then we aproach the 15 sec barrier. i fialed however to crash test the car, but one VERY BIG issue is the Blades for the rear drive shafts. untill i can find something better, or serpent makes harder ones, if running MOD, be prepared to change them every 2 runs. they are cheap, and i believe 16 come in a spares packet. but this is one thing that does need to be addressed.

Overall, first run with the car, no Major issues, car is fast, car is easy to work on, reacts very well to the smallest change. Big Thumbs up from me for the 411.
Will the X-ray Blades fit?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.