Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Had a really good weekend at the WCIC with a really sweet carpet setup.
Nice, where's the setup?!
Old 12-10-2013, 12:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I think one of the differences that shows up more than the stiffness of the chassis is the difference in the lower roll centers, something that is probably forgotten when changing plates or looking at setups.
Yeah that kind of makes sense! Thanks.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chicky03
Nice, where's the setup?!
+1 would be really good to see it buddy!
Old 12-10-2013, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default WCIC Airdrie setup

Here is the setup, enjoy. (Can't seem to attach anything, so try this link for setup)

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/serp...RIE2013120608/
Old 12-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Here is the setup, enjoy. (Can't seem to attach anything, so try this link for setup)

Thanks for sharing. Some interesting things. In particular the 500wt in the rear diff and the bearing block roll centres. Gonna give them a try and see!
Old 12-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

9mm front upper arm shims? thats.. a lot lol. and only 500 cst in the dif. holy cow. i thought my 900cst was light.

food for thought. coming out to victoria gary?
Old 12-10-2013, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by valk
9mm front upper arm shims? thats.. a lot lol. and only 500 cst in the dif. holy cow. i thought my 900cst was light.

food for thought. coming out to victoria gary?
And thats not a typo either, to get the 9 you have to ditch the stock ballstuds and either go after market balls and long bolts or maybe long grubs and stock balls.....I use xray balls and long bolts, just think they are a little stronger than a long grub screw. JMO.

I honestly can't get a good grasp of 500 to 2000 in the rear diff, so I usually just run what makes the diff feel smoothest on the bench and doesn't leak all over the place. It hasn't seemed to effect the on track performance that I can tell. Just looking for a diff that keeps diffing smoothly.

Victoria, much discussion going on about it thats' for sure, would really like to touch base with the Serpent supporters out there, just to put a face to the names. I think the big factor will be if the rest of the Serpent team decides to go to the Snowbirds, as I'd like to meet the EU guys too. There is a possibility that they will be at the Birds, but that race is also scheduled on a ETS race date, so I'm not sure if they'll go or not.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:29 PM
Tech Adept

Fischer is for sure at the snowbirds and will not attend the ets.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Geberit
Yes stick with 1.4mm rear (long version). Currently we are driving high bite carpet and 1.6mm rear works very good (Asmer set-up ETS). I don't know why but it never felt good with thinner ARB's at the rear. I used 1.2 and 1.3 but always went back to 1.4 on asphalt medium grip track!

As with the o-rings in my diffs I ditched the x-ring and went with o-rings from ARC R10 #104006. If you use the x-ring from serpent you have to change them frequently since they swell from the silicon oil and start to bind and you get inconsistent diff action! This was also the info from Ehrbar (co-designer of the S411) on the ETS! So I will probably try the o-rings from ARC R10 #104002 for the shocks too see how they work.
I tried to fit the ARC #104006 in the diff but they are shorter in height than the Serpent. You get massive amount of play. Do you use shims to compensate?
Old 12-10-2013, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

its shaping up to be a real great event now that team associated is onboard, sending out mr hebert =)

ill be running my 411te in modified and could definitely benefit from team experience
i haven't differed from the stock setup a whole lot, some very small adjustments.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Holmenkollen
I tried to fit the ARC #104006 in the diff but they are shorter in height than the Serpent. You get massive amount of play. Do you use shims to compensate?
That's normal because the x ring is too wide and tightens everything up. I have axial play too and don't use any shims. I'm driving mod with 4.5T motors, no problems at all!

Now I fitted the white housing from ARC with internals from Serpent. It works great, will post some pictures today when I come home!
Old 12-11-2013, 01:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I ran with Johnny this past weekend. his car was damn near perfect. I ran almost the same set-up. car was great..

Nick K
Old 12-11-2013, 02:07 AM
Tech Regular

And thats not a typo either, to get the 9 you have to ditch the stock ballstuds and either go after market balls and long bolts or maybe long grubs and stock balls.....I use xray balls and long bolts, just think they are a little stronger than a long grub screw. JMO.

I honestly can't get a good grasp of 500 to 2000 in the rear diff, so I usually just run what makes the diff feel smoothest on the bench and doesn't leak all over the place. It hasn't seemed to effect the on track performance that I can tell. Just looking for a diff that keeps diffing smoothly.

Victoria, much discussion going on about it thats' for sure, would really like to touch base with the Serpent supporters out there, just to put a face to the names. I think the big factor will be if the rest of the Serpent team decides to go to the Snowbirds, as I'd like to meet the EU guys too. There is a possibility that they will be at the Birds, but that race is also scheduled on a ETS race date, so I'm not sure if they'll go or not.
Would this setup work with a mod motor?
Old 12-11-2013, 03:08 AM
Tech Adept

This works? I see, u are using Anti-Dive which will result in less steering in combination with such high camber links. pretty sure, you gain positive camber while cornering with a low CG which results in a massive rolling car. normally, your car will push all the way.

Can you explain what changed with the higher viscosity in the front shocks?
Old 12-11-2013, 04:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by #iZzy
This works? I see, u are using Anti-Dive which will result in less steering in combination with such high camber links. pretty sure, you gain positive camber while cornering with a low CG which results in a massive rolling car. normally, your car will push all the way.

Can you explain what changed with the higher viscosity in the front shocks?
I would like to ask what's with the new three hole tower mounts? All set-up lists have still only two! What are you using in which conditions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.