Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Old 08-23-2013, 11:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bhodi11
I just wanted to report back this completely resolved my issue. Once I went back through all the rod ends to make sure they were completely free and used your recommendations on the sway bar setup Ta-da!!! car runs awesome. Thanks again!
Glad it helped. Setting the bars can be a pain, but I tend to find that once they are set, they rarely need re-adjusting, unless you switch out arms etc.

Regards
Ed
Old 08-26-2013, 07:23 AM
Tech Regular

So i got my mitts on the s411 TE after returning from hospital

is it me or is it near identical to the ARC R10
Old 08-26-2013, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

well well well my car was the best it ever was this weekend. I just can't get around the guys running the 3.1 fdr in there cars and not burning anything up in our 17.5 race. my new lrp drive train is working just fine. drop down to a 3.3 fdr and came off at 170 deg good power through the whole race. I will post my set up later and and see if anyone can give any pointers to get a little more corner speed.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PurcyP

Actually, about the last 5 "new" cars that have been released all show similarities to our car. The main design layout of the car is tough to beat.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Actually, about the last 5 "new" cars that have been released all show similarities to our car. The main design layout of the car is tough to beat.

valid point! people say serpent copy n dont innovate although looking at its history i think its the other way round.

I have a mi5 also and to be honest...i think i like the layout n design of the 411 more, also the drivetrain sound a hell of a lot smoother than my mi5, might be down to my diff building but either way im liking the serpent as i thought i probably would.

also the serpent is so much more narrow n streamline!
Old 08-26-2013, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

my s411 ERYX with lrp power plant
Old 08-27-2013, 01:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

I had my worst state titles ever this weekend just gone. On an extremely tight boarded asphalt track I managed to wreck 2 bottom decks, a top deck, a steering rack, 4 sets of front arms, 3 pair of knuckles and 3 drive shafts. This is more parts than I've chewed up in 2 years running the car. DNF 4 out of 6 qualifiers and both b finals. I had a 4th and 7th in my good qualifiers Surprisingly with all this carnage I did not bend any bulk heads or toe blocks.

FWIW I would not recommend the new spool as it chews blades and if you miss changing them out the driveshafts chew up the opening as its not hardened very well.
The new motor mount on the other hand is awesome. It can only run in flex mode as there are no mounting points for the stiff leg of the original mount.

Lastly, Is anyone aware of an updated kit coming soon? I'm in need of a new one!
Old 08-27-2013, 03:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Benzaah
I had my worst state titles ever this weekend just gone. On an extremely tight boarded asphalt track I managed to wreck 2 bottom decks, a top deck, a steering rack, 4 sets of front arms, 3 pair of knuckles and 3 drive shafts. This is more parts than I've chewed up in 2 years running the car. DNF 4 out of 6 qualifiers and both b finals. I had a 4th and 7th in my good qualifiers Surprisingly with all this carnage I did not bend any bulk heads or toe blocks.

FWIW I would not recommend the new spool as it chews blades and if you miss changing them out the driveshafts chew up the opening as its not hardened very well.
The new motor mount on the other hand is awesome. It can only run in flex mode as there are no mounting points for the stiff leg of the original mount.

Lastly, Is anyone aware of an updated kit coming soon? I'm in need of a new one!

I have recently bought two of the new spools, but not tried them yet. Maybe not a good move then.. when I already have blade problems with the V3 diff. I belive that I create an uplift in the sales curve already in the Serpents sales statistics in the blades salesreport

Last edited by Linguster; 08-27-2013 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 08-27-2013, 07:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

there is a new car in the pipeline.
only with some small changes, think end of next month or begin of october.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah

Tough luck.....I certainly hope you wheren't the only one with all the breakage?
Old 08-27-2013, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

I'm running 17.5 blinky with a killshot. I just picked up a PRS 54T pinion. The neck on the pinion causes it to stick out past the 92T spur with it seeded as far back as the shaft will allow. So about 50% let's say is not contacting the spur. Can I shim the motor back some off the mount to make up the difference or do I need a new pinion?
Old 08-27-2013, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm running 17.5 blinky with a killshot. I just picked up a PRS 54T pinion. The neck on the pinion causes it to stick out past the 92T spur with it seeded as far back as the shaft will allow. So about 50% let's say is not contacting the spur. Can I shim the motor back some off the mount to make up the difference or do I need a new pinion?
Try flipping the pinion around so the neck faces away from the motor?

-Mike
Old 08-27-2013, 08:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You mean you ran out of flat area on the motor pinion? I would first check the motor to make sure the rotor is not shimmed wrong in the can. Generally, you want the rotor very close to the sensors.

If that checks out, I would probably take the old dremel with a cutoff disc and carefully extend the flat on the shaft.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Steve S
You mean you ran out of flat area on the motor pinion? I would first check the motor to make sure the rotor is not shimmed wrong in the can. Generally, you want the rotor very close to the sensors.

If that checks out, I would probably take the old dremel with a cutoff disc and carefully extend the flat on the shaft.
I ran out of flat area that is correct. No issue with any other pinions I have a 41T, 46T, and 50T which are Robinson Racing. I think I may just pick up their 56T instead. Checked the motor and it looks fine.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I just picked up some 4 degree c-hubs and not sure which way to put them in. There is an "S" etched on on side, I'm guessing that is the front and I want them tilted back. Is this correct?
The S is for soft and refers to the hardness of the plastic. Medium have no marking and hard have an H.

Originally Posted by PurcyP

Other way around, but yes. One of their team drivers runs with us locally, and we were comparing parts. Some of the parts were even interchangable(layshaft pullies).

Originally Posted by gearhead_22
well well well my car was the best it ever was this weekend. I just can't get around the guys running the 3.1 fdr in there cars and not burning anything up in our 17.5 race. my new lrp drive train is working just fine. drop down to a 3.3 fdr and came off at 170 deg good power through the whole race. I will post my set up later and and see if anyone can give any pointers to get a little more corner speed.
Is this a large outdoor track? We are running 3.8 to 4.5 on a smallish indoor carpet track, and would not know what to do with that kind of speed. I also doubt the temps would work unless running an LRP motor. I'm at a flat 4.0 right now and after a 6 min main come off at 125 or so. Now I have geared my VTA's down to as low as 2.9, but even 21.5 I think I ran at 3.3 to 3.5. All indoor carpet though.

Originally Posted by whityboy
there is a new car in the pipeline.
only with some small changes, think end of next month or begin of october.
Details please!

Are you using a standard spur or an offset Xray style? If it is an offset, flipping the spur may give you the mesh you want.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.