Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Littlehampton in the Adelaide hills

http://www.rrcsa.org.au/index.aspx

Regards,

Simon
Old 01-29-2013, 01:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks for the tips for my motor guys. I appreciate you taking the time to help out.

Benzaah, where is that track? I'd love to have a crack at it some day.

Cheers
Old 01-29-2013, 01:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAM Racing
OK wheres LH
Sounds like a place to prrctise...maybee a mentoring day
We might have to go on a road trip mate
Old 01-29-2013, 01:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team_Krusty
Littlehampton in the Adelaide hills

http://www.rrcsa.org.au/index.aspx

Regards,

Simon
the video of the 1-8th final, that was my old 3PK in picture. i finished 2nd there. its a great challenging track.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

How is the sport kit. Does it run ok out of the box? I'm just moving from dirt to onroad.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default That all depends

Originally Posted by mxgregg
How is the sport kit. Does it run ok out of the box? I'm just moving from dirt to onroad.
If you just coming over to on road and just want to dable a little bit then yes it works out of the box and youll have reasonable car.
It
BUT my experience tell me anyone who's already in the sport in other fields wants to have all the adjustments available to them that their fellow competitor already have like good shocks,more adjustments on shock towers which are available as accesories to the sport are already standard on the standard kit.
a standard 411 out of the box can win races

Were are you in the world
regards Andrew
Old 01-29-2013, 11:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Thanks for the info.

If you just coming over to on road and just want to dable a little bit then yes it works out of the box and youll have reasonable car.
It
BUT my experience tell me anyone who's already in the sport in other fields wants to have all the adjustments available to them that their fellow competitor already have like good shocks,more adjustments on shock towers which are available as accesories to the sport are already standard on the standard kit.
a standard 411 out of the box can win races

Were are you in the world
regards Andrew
Old 01-29-2013, 01:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi,

Good review of the Sport kit can be found below. Basically a driver grabbed the S411-S, ran it in the DHI Cup SuperStock class close to kit spec and finished in the top 20 out of 95 drivers.

http://www.serpent.com/news/13633/DH...Sport-kit.html

Regards,

Simon
Old 01-29-2013, 03:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Team_Krusty
Hi,

Good review of the Sport kit can be found below. Basically a driver grabbed the S411-S, ran it in the DHI Cup SuperStock class close to kit spec and finished in the top 20 out of 95 drivers.

http://www.serpent.com/news/13633/DH...Sport-kit.html

Regards,

Simon
That is me actually

The car 100% kit standard, only thing added was an antirollbar kit:
http://serpent.com/product/401575/

Compared to the race spec car, it's a little bit on the heavy side. But other than that, the car is very nice to drive.

as you can read i drove in the super stock class at the DHI cup, and got a good end result. I had absolutely no practice with the car before the race, but the car felt exactly the same as my 411 TE with upgrades.
Even though the car was 105 grams overweight, i could outpace a lot of the good drives, who i know have done a lot of testing for the race.
The car felt precise and sharp, no cheap feel at all.

After the race i have tested the car on a different track, and after one small setup change, i could all most keep up with an Awesomatix driver. Who the same week went to the last ETS race, and ended in top 10 in pro stock!

The car is entry level priced, but 95% high end level on the track
Old 01-29-2013, 03:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

First practice day at the birds went well just rebuilt my old serpent s411. The new kit showed up mid day at the hotel just started building it. The build quality is through the roof will write up a report once this race is over.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by 98tahoeboy
First practice day at the birds went well just rebuilt my old serpent s411. The new kit showed up mid day at the hotel just started building it.
Just got confirmation my new kit has shipped and will be here Friday
What springs came in your kit Alston? And did it come with 2 x gear diffs? Did it also come with all the different c hubs as mentioned in their sales blurb? Sorry for all the stupid questions. I'm excited
Old 01-30-2013, 12:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default im jealous

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Just got confirmation my new kit has shipped and will be here Friday
What springs came in your kit Alston? And did it come with 2 x gear diffs? Did it also come with all the different c hubs as mentioned in their sales blurb? Sorry for all the stupid questions. I'm excited
i saw a whole box of the beastys today.......very tempting and lots of new parts and upgrades

nearly better than xmas
Old 01-30-2013, 12:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

i saw a whole box of the beastys today.......very tempting and lots of new parts and upgrades

nearly better than xmas
I was led to believe all 20 were pre sold! I was second in line Jay wasn't sure if us SA and WA blokes would be lucky enough to get them this week as DHL are not super reliable. I can only assume he meant Patto and myself but It will be a busy night Friday if it comes
Old 01-30-2013, 01:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default i never asked

I was led to believe all 20 were pre sold! I was second in line Jay wasn't sure if us SA and WA blokes would be lucky enough to get them this week as DHL are not super reliable. I can only assume he meant Patto and myself but It will be a busy night Friday if it comes
i didnt ask if they were all sold but the temptation to open a box was just like xmas

we will have to wait till finances become available the current cars still got heaps in it re performance so theirs no rush.

Very good to see the spares their as well Jay's doin a great job ensuring we have spares available for our cars...now......
Buying a product with product support is what this game is about
Old 01-30-2013, 04:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

well i will have no problems getting mine. Jay is organising an early pick up from DHL, possibly i can get mine tommorow night. i work right next to the Depot. i hold my deliveries and pick them up from them. i hope to have it built for our First Trophy event on sunday. but its gonna be hot. 36C forecasted. i have just rebuilt the Original 411 kit , so i will have a choice of what to run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.