Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

You use front gear diff instead of spool for rubber tire?

Originally Posted by red7fifty
S411 SE, box stock, great starting point for carpet. Running dual gear diffs.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You can but we usually use the Spool.

also for a wide range of parts available cheap you can check our web site:

http://www.evilhobbyshop.com
Old 08-25-2012, 03:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

got the S411 Sport in the mail yesterday. I will post some pics of the build. I am going to get this kit working in 17.5. I have been looking for a GOOD inexpensive kit to get new people racing. It's showing some real promise, and some parts I am going to put on my car as well....
Old 08-25-2012, 06:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TimPotter
got the S411 Sport in the mail yesterday. I will post some pics of the build. I am going to get this kit working in 17.5. I have been looking for a GOOD inexpensive kit to get new people racing. It's showing some real promise, and some parts I am going to put on my car as well....
I sold my old car, so I am going to build a new TE to run at the ETS races. We will use the new plastic spool and the plastic sway bar holders to save weight.

We will build a Sport and test the car at one of the race tracks so people can actually see how it drives, but I am sure it will be very close to TE.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:14 AM
Tech Regular

I bolted on the V2 motormount but it seems that it doesn´t align straight. With motor and pinion on the pinion isn´t 100 percent straight against the spur gear. With this the spur won´t last many runs. What´s wrong?
Old 08-27-2012, 01:41 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Holmenkollen
I bolted on the V2 motormount but it seems that it doesn´t align straight. With motor and pinion on the pinion isn´t 100 percent straight against the spur gear. With this the spur won´t last many runs. What´s wrong?
loosen all the screws and start to tighten then slowly but not fully in one go. if still not straight check the counter sinks thet the screws go in and check your screws.

also is the motor mount new or used. if used, check to see if its straight. I did bent mine after my crash in ETS
Old 08-27-2012, 04:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

I see some set-up's with 1.2mm ARB rear on the outer position! Is this a Serpent ARB or from some othe brand? Can't find a long 1.2mm Serpent ARB on their site …

Thanks
Old 08-27-2012, 05:10 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Geberit
I see some set-up's with 1.2mm ARB rear on the outer position! Is this a Serpent ARB or from some othe brand? Can't find a long 1.2mm Serpent ARB on their site …

Thanks
401496 1.2 mm ARB rear

we have it in Stock. 2.55 Euros + shipping 4*7 days air registered mail 4 euros

Apperantly I forgot to update the website as many of the new parts dont show up... looks like major update time for me...
Old 08-27-2012, 05:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Toughbeard
loosen all the screws and start to tighten then slowly but not fully in one go. if still not straight check the counter sinks thet the screws go in and check your screws.

also is the motor mount new or used. if used, check to see if its straight. I did bent mine after my crash in ETS
basically what he said... I tighten all the screws nip tight, then full tight, but in the following order... rear, front, middle, when looking underneath.

HiH
Ed
Old 08-27-2012, 08:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Diff leak

Hello guys,
Does anybody has been facing some leak problem with the 411 diff ?

Since the begining, the oil keep inside for the maximum 5 packs.

Any sugestion to avoid it ? Any modification I have to do ?

Thanks
Old 08-27-2012, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cestaric
Hello guys,
Does anybody has been facing some leak problem with the 411 diff ?

Since the begining, the oil keep inside for the maximum 5 packs.

Any sugestion to avoid it ? Any modification I have to do ?

Thanks

Use some AE green grease on the o-rings when you assemble it, that usually helps with leak problems. The rest is "as per" the instructions.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Geberit

Thanks
I think that the bars all come long now, with no part number change, but it depends on whether or not the stock is old or new from who you order it from. The outer hardware attachments, I have not seen anything posted by Serpent, so I'm assuming you have to come up with your own deal.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

If you get a chance, try this shock setup, 6 hole, 1.3mm with 2k oil. Really liking the feel of the shocks with this setup........seems good for all surfaces.

**Use the stock shock shaft spacing, but if you get into the lowest hole on the tower you may have to adjust the shaft spacing to compensate for the piston location.

Also if your running on carpet, try the 2.5 chassis with the 2.25 upper deck.......well worth the change.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
I think that the bars all come long now, with no part number change, but it depends on whether or not the stock is old or new from who you order it from. The outer hardware attachments, I have not seen anything posted by Serpent, so I'm assuming you have to come up with your own deal.
I have used the XRAY long swaybars with success on the car. I haven't actually tried the longer mounting position on the arm, but they should fit!
Old 08-27-2012, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cwoods34
I have used the XRAY long swaybars with success on the car. I haven't actually tried the longer mounting position on the arm, but they should fit!

Yes, definately the Xray bars will work, and give the "in between" measurements if your so inclined. Good info though. Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.