Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teeforb
Thanks for all of your answers!

I actually purchased one of the s411 from the guy who posted 2 of them for sale on this thread. He has a carpet setup, so I'll need to get an outdoor low tracktion setup from someone.

I'll go ahead and get a low profile.

I'm trying to pick up a stock spec from this one guy. He has the USB to come with it which is cool. I have two lrp in my 1/10 offload. A tc and comp spec. It'll be cool to keep it in the family!

From what I've found In off road, you need a cap if using spectrum receivers with high current servos. Once I went to airtronics, problem solved.

Do 17.5 require a heatsink on motor?

Thx
I would run a capacitor. My KO servo will kill the car if I try to steer without one (Spektrum).

The Reflex Racing fan mount fits perfect. Don't use a heatsink. Airflow hits the front of the motor, so point the fan towards the backside of the motor, since that side doesn't get air-cooled.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Do yourself a favor and put the fan on... blowing on the motor... run for 6 minutes.. then temp it... Then do the same with the fan pulling the hot air off the motor... YOU decide what is better.

I run mine blowing on the the motor, it is the most effective for me.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Do yourself a favor and put the fan on... blowing on the motor... run for 6 minutes.. then temp it... Then do the same with the fan pulling the hot air off the motor... YOU decide what is better.

I run mine blowing on the the motor, it is the most effective for me.
which fan from amain?
Old 06-14-2012, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

which fan from amain?
The Muchmore fans are too fragile in my opinion..... Despite my issues with their ESCs, I've had the clear Novak fans last forever, even with chipped blades.

Amain doesn't carry my favorite.... The TORNADO (Yeah Racing). That thing can blow over a brick house.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cwoods34
The Muchmore fans are too fragile in my opinion..... Despite my issues with their ESCs, I've had the clear Novak fans last forever, even with chipped blades.

Amain doesn't carry my favorite.... The TORNADO (Yeah Racing). That thing can blow over a brick house.
how are you guys connecting fans to your motor and how are you powering it?
Old 06-14-2012, 03:34 PM
Tech Champion

i've been looking at photos of s411 with their electronics installed. is there any reason why people are not mounting the receiver on to of the servo?
Old 06-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

lower center of gravity.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:09 PM
Tech Master

how are you guys connecting fans to your motor and how are you powering it?
Reflex Racing fan mount, or just run a bracket of sorts off the upper deck.... Some guys even use ShoeGoo.

I run the fan wires straight to the + and - terminals on my SXX..... The higher voltage pumps more ci/m but burns up the fan sooner. The slightly shortened fan life is worth the cooling power in my opinion (blinky classes).
Old 06-14-2012, 04:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by LOW ET
lower center of gravity.
lol, ok... So i'm dealing with flux capacitors here in the onroad realm! I'm getting it! Pandora!
Old 06-14-2012, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

I actually purchased one of the s411 from the guy who posted 2 of them for sale on this thread. He has a carpet setup, so I'll need to get an outdoor low tracktion setup from someone.

I'm trying to pick up a stock spec from this one guy. He has the USB to come with it which is cool. I have two lrp in my 1/10 offload. A tc and comp spec. It'll be cool to keep it in the family!

From what I've found In off road, you need a cap if using spectrum receivers with high current servos. Once I went to airtronics, problem solved.

Thx
I like Viper ESC's They have adjustable BEC's which eliminates the need for a cap, You are right on about spektrum and high current servo's especially teamed with tekin esc's, I have actually even had problems with brown outs using the spektrum cap with that combo. I switched to viper and no more problems also the progauge portable tuner is great especially if you decide to run mod.
I really like the speed 6 for bodies so far, I would like to try the blitz though I hear great things.
I also like the low pro Savox And the futaba brushless bls451 servos.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Thx
I Have a good low traction setup for tight tracks,
Let me know if you want it.
I am guessing you bought one of Jims cars if so I bet it is clean and well maintained. I think he is running the radiation mobile only now.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rdlkgliders
I am guessing you bought one of Jims cars if so I bet it is clean and well maintained. I think he is running the radiation mobile only now.
I'll take it! Can you pm it to me?
Old 06-14-2012, 10:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rdlkgliders
Could you pm it to me too
Old 06-14-2012, 10:55 PM
Tech Champion

Can someone send me the exact link for both the fan and mount from reflex?

Thx
Old 06-15-2012, 12:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

After a lot of time enjoying the car this week i have stripped two servo arms, are you using any servo-saver?
I have some luck and both times only the arm suffered damage and the servo was in good shape but I don't want to destroy my servo so i have take the decision of using a servo-saver, Wich one is good? I was thinking of the xray t3 one, but it's quite expensive. i have a race this weekend and I am going to use the one that i have in my tamiya m05 but i need one for the s411

Cheers

javier

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.