Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Martin & cwoods34.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Martin, Johnny and Don massive thanks for the help the car was alot more settled last night on un-prepped concrete. Started with the white springs all round and just found it to be way to lazy in the front and very tail happy in the rear through the infield so i went to grey springs all round and this settled the car as well as more steering. I also went to 600cst rear diff from 900cst and that helped alot as well.

All in all a lot better i will post my setup later today it will be a great starting point for a low traction setup and then fine tune from there.

I was alot more competitive last night then a fortnight ago the car was quicker and alot more consitent to drive. i was placed in 2nd through the beginning of the A final till i made an error and was on my roff for roughly 15 sec roughly 1 and i bit laps but cant wait till next week to go again.

Again thanks.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Looking for some input on the VS2 rack!

First have you guys found that the 2mm of shims gives you the most mid corner steering?

Second how does this effect entry with the spool and do you feel the mid corner steering is at its best with the spool at 2mm?

Third how many shims are the equilivent to the VS1 rack?

Finally how different is the steering with the spool and VS2 rack when using the inside holes on the steering blocks and is there a gain in entry or mid?
Old 03-23-2012, 09:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike Schroder
Martin, Johnny and Don massive thanks for the help the car was alot more settled last night on un-prepped concrete. Started with the white springs all round and just found it to be way to lazy in the front and very tail happy in the rear through the infield so i went to grey springs all round and this settled the car as well as more steering. I also went to 600cst rear diff from 900cst and that helped alot as well.

All in all a lot better i will post my setup later today it will be a great starting point for a low traction setup and then fine tune from there.

I was alot more competitive last night then a fortnight ago the car was quicker and alot more consitent to drive. i was placed in 2nd through the beginning of the A final till i made an error and was on my roff for roughly 15 sec roughly 1 and i bit laps but cant wait till next week to go again.

Again thanks.
awesome!!
Old 03-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by NUCRPTRACER
Looking for some input on the VS2 rack!

First have you guys found that the 2mm of shims gives you the most mid corner steering?

Second how does this effect entry with the spool and do you feel the mid corner steering is at its best with the spool at 2mm?

Third how many shims are the equilivent to the VS1 rack?

Finally how different is the steering with the spool and VS2 rack when using the inside holes on the steering blocks and is there a gain in entry or mid?
the 2mm will give you more mid corner steering than 1mm shims.

as to it being the best....well that depends too much on the surface and grip levels. I have yet to run the car on asphalt...but my guess is that I will run closer to 2mm on asphalt to get more mid corner steering compared to the 1mm I run now on carpet.

You really can't have exactly the same as the V1 rack as the ball cups are a little closer together on V2...but I think the closest to V1 from a feel point of view is 0.5mm on the V2.

Using the inside holes on the steering knuckles will take away steering as it furhter increases the ackerman.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Again thanks.
Great to hear Mike, I have found that on the outdoor low traction tracks you can go very light on rear diff fluid in search of traction.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Again thanks.
What track are you racing at?

Originally Posted by rdlkgliders
Great to hear Mike, I have found that on the outdoor low traction tracks you can go very light on rear diff fluid in search of traction.
How low have you tested with diff oils? I have not bothered going lower than 600 as I have found that nice.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Benzaah

Castle Hill

How low have you tested with diff oils? I have not bothered going lower than 600 as I have found that nice.
No last night was the first night started at 1200cst (good for a track with a little bit of traction) then 900cst a little better then 600cst and that felt the best so far.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:17 AM
Tech Regular

Won't be able to setup sheet till next week guys as the editable Serpent one doesn't allow you to save it. So i will do one and print and scan early next week.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Won't be able to setup sheet till next week guys as the editable Serpent one doesn't allow you to save it. So i will do one and print and scan early next week.
Mr Schroder driving a serpent ! Nice.........
an option you have is to download Bull Zip PDF printer. what this does is prints to file a PDF. so you can rename this file to Castle Hill and date it. then just open the File and press Print. !
Old 03-24-2012, 07:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Ran my serpent for the second time last night. I am very pleased with the car now its very easy to drive and goes where its pointed. Wished I would have had better luck but there's always next time.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Is anyone using spacers under the links at the steering knuckles with the V2 rack? There seems to be a little bump steer I'd like to get rid of.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah

I have ran 300cst and 2 gears on a sssslippery asphalt track.

Mike I can edit, save and print right from here using the editable sheet.
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/serp...rpentS411.html
Old 03-24-2012, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
Mr Schroder driving a serpent ! Nice.........
an option you have is to download Bull Zip PDF printer. what this does is prints to file a PDF. so you can rename this file to Castle Hill and date it. then just open the File and press Print. !
Originally Posted by rdlkgliders
I have ran 300cst and 2 gears on a sssslippery asphalt track.

Mike I can edit, save and print right from here using the editable sheet.
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/serp...rpentS411.html
Thanks i will give it a try later. Hey Patto how you going what's happening over in the land of the forgotten ???
Old 03-24-2012, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pcar951
Is anyone using spacers under the links at the steering knuckles with the V2 rack? There seems to be a little bump steer I'd like to get rid of.
I tried 1mm and 2mm and settled with 0.5mm. Anything more numbed the steering response too much for my liking. This car reacts so well to little changes, in most cases less is more with the S411.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.