Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

What mm chassis seems to be the best chassis. I have the le edition so I'm not gonna run that chassis as its numbered. So what does everyone like the most and does anyone use a chassis protector if so what do u use....Thanx
Old 02-19-2012, 01:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Just wanted to say thanks to the Serpent S411 thread as you guys have been no help with answering NONE of my questions I have had about this car.Not even so much as one simple reply saying "Go figure it out youself".Enjoy your crappy thread
Old 02-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DanielD
Just wanted to say thanks to the Serpent S411 thread as you guys have been no help with answering NONE of my questions I have had about this car.Not even so much as one simple reply saying "Go figure it out youself".Enjoy your crappy thread
You've posted two posts and your first post was answered by someone in about two hours. To answer your second post, there is no specific answer to your question, different chassis plates work differently in different applications. If we don't know your specific application, we can't give you a specific answer. If you want to replace your numbered chassis plate, buy a 2.5 - it is the same and should work in most applications.

There's a ton of information in this thread answering pretty much everything you want to know. You have to take the time to read through it. Or in other words, your words actually, GO FIGURE IT OUT YOURSELF.

If you could be patient and be specific about what it is you need, people are usually more than happy to help.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default ?

what kind of track are you running on? is it loose, medium, medium high traction, high traction? is it carpet, or asphalt? whats the layout- is it tight, flowing, technical, what? what climate do you live in (warm, cold)? what tires are you running? what class are you runnig with it? do you prefer a diff up front or a spool? etc etc.

there are lots of questions in response to yours. your profile only shows 3 posts on this thread. your most recent ones were just asked. if your looking to purchase a replacement chassis online, it wont get shipped until tuesday anyway because of the holiday. seems kinda harsh words for such a vague question. give it a minute or several for people to reply or ask additional questions. it is the weekend, and i agree there are hundreds of pages of good stuff on here. you should be able to "search this thread" up at the top right.

relax and give it a minute. dont bash the thread beacuse people didnt jump.

What mm chassis seems to be the best chassis. I have the le edition so I'm not gonna run that chassis as its numbered. So what does everyone like the most and does anyone use a chassis protector if so what do u use....Thanx
Old 02-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Really got my car 'dialed' today. It was handling so well compared to my first race day.

I went to the 2.0 blocks in the front, changed to the 1.2mm sway in the back, black springs up front with white in back.

I wanted to do a few more changes however overall I was so impressed.

The only negative is I ran an Orion 17.5 and couldn't get the gearing. It had no punch or speed. I blew my MMM that I was enjoying...

OH well... great day.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Default well,

well, since im online, i figure i'd ask. i hate to post another reply but, i have a set of the black springs coming. it says they are 2.9/16.5#. from my understanding the yellows (stock)are 2.8/16#.

for the guys on carpet, does the extra little bit on spring rate make that much difference in the way the car handles cornering? my car currently rolls (side to side) perfectly around corners. im gonna try the blacks but does anyone notice the diffrerence from the yellows to the blacks on the front springs? i use grey in back shocks. low traction.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i would have to say a 2mm chassis for my self in stock for the track i race at but alot of guys use the 2.25 chassis, i personally do not like the 2.5 chassis but again there are a few people here who do like it may be mod the 2.25 as the 2 mm can wear out a lot faster
Old 02-19-2012, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Anyone had an issue when ordering springs and getting different ones?
I ordered black and greys and got black and greys that are like 40 or 50lbs springs...
Old 02-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheZoof
Really got my car 'dialed' today. It was handling so well compared to my first race day.

I went to the 2.0 blocks in the front, changed to the 1.2mm sway in the back, black springs up front with white in back.

I wanted to do a few more changes however overall I was so impressed.

The only negative is I ran an Orion 17.5 and couldn't get the gearing. It had no punch or speed. I blew my MMM that I was enjoying...

OH well... great day.
Hey Mike. Glad to hear you are getting the car to handle better. I have a setup that works pretty well and just sent it to Martin Pillmajer. Happy to email it to you if you like. It is too big of a file to attach to this forum.

Originally Posted by BAD007SUZUKI
well, since im online, i figure i'd ask. i hate to post another reply but, i have a set of the black springs coming. it says they are 2.9/16.5#. from my understanding the yellows (stock)are 2.8/16#.

for the guys on carpet, does the extra little bit on spring rate make that much difference in the way the car handles cornering? my car currently rolls (side to side) perfectly around corners. im gonna try the blacks but does anyone notice the diffrerence from the yellows to the blacks on the front springs? i use grey in back shocks. low traction.
From my testing I noticed a significant difference between running yellow and black springs up front, but every track is different and you if you like the way the car is handling then maybe what you have been using is the right answer...the only way to know is to try the other springs.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by NUCRPTRACER
Anyone had an issue when ordering springs and getting different ones?
I ordered black and greys and got black and greys that are like 40 or 50lbs springs...
Serpent has springs for their electric touring car that are black and gray and they also have springs for their nitro car which are black and gray. Sounds like you received the nitro ones as they are much stiffer.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Default yes

i mean, my/the car is very good. i wonder if anyone has had a dialed set up only to switch to the grey front, not changed anything else, and gained any on their laptimes. yup, gonna try em' just to see. good stuff.

Originally Posted by Martin Crisp
Hey Mike. Glad to hear you are getting the car to handle better. I have a setup that works pretty well and just sent it to Martin Pillmajer. Happy to email it to you if you like. It is too big of a file to attach to this forum.

From my testing I noticed a significant difference between running yellow and black springs up front, but every track is different and you if you like the way the car is handling then maybe what you have been using is the right answer...the only way to know is to try the other springs.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

theese guys have been pretty good and patient with me, you have to remember that it's a pretty small thread in terms of cotributing members and patients is a plus. The good is almost everyone that cotributes is actively racing the car so the info is gold......
I have the le as well, it comes with a 2.25 chassis I believe. If I were to use another chassis to shelve the numbered one I would go 2.0mm (I race outdoor asphalt ). yes I use a chassis protector Yeah racing makes it.
A lot of us race in different time zones, and sunday is race day for me in fact just got home a couple hours ago.
Enjoy the car and the members on this thread but give it time
Stormer Hobbies, Amain hobbies, and serpent all sell parts in the U.S and of course you have the chineese contributors as well.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:05 PM
Tech Addict

Default S411 LOW GRIP ASPHALT

Well went for a play at our local track here in OZ Saturday night. SERCCC, large flowing but low grip asphalt.
Played around with a chassis setting combination out of left field !

Result :::::::: Fast flat and AWESOME.

Heaps of rear grip with a well balanced front. Gave the car to a better driver than myself (Andy Cooke) and went to town.

PDF of setup from the link below....too large to attach to this thread.

http://www.rabhobbies.com.au/PDF/S411SERCCC.pdf

Cheers Ren
Old 02-19-2012, 09:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

I can't tell you guys running outdoors on asphalt how jealous I am that you are finding rear bite. I guess it's the tightness of our low traction technical trac that is throwing me.
Congrats on your testing.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rdlkgliders
I can't tell you guys running outdoors on asphalt how jealous I am that you are finding rear bite. I guess it's the tightness of our low traction technical trac that is throwing me.
Congrats on your testing.
Can you describe your rear grip issues in more detail. I have not run my LE yet on asphalt as it is winter carpet season here in Seattle but I did run the original 411 last summer on asphalt. It was pretty good with the 2.5mm chassis.

I can say that running outdoors on asphalt the tires are super important and how you do the traction additive is also very important. If I felt that I had the correct tires and traction additive then maybe I would move the rear arms closer to the motor if I needed more rear grip. Currently for carpet, I have the rear arms spaced away from the motor but maybe in your situation, that change might help you.

Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.