Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
For those that want to know, the stock steering rack is 11.5mm center to center, the V2 is 9.5.
How does this difference "feel" to you? Do you think its a big improvement? Have you seen it in orange yet for the LE?

Steve
Old 02-03-2012, 11:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
For those that want to know, the stock steering rack is 11.5mm center to center, the V2 is 9.5.
+1...What's it feel like on the track?
Old 02-04-2012, 02:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MarcusEngdahl
Yes
Around APR !
Old 02-04-2012, 08:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by pcar951
I have been testing the new v2 down at here at the snowbirds race and it is an improvement over the stock one as it allows you to reduce the ackerman by adding spacers...giving more mid corner steering. The connection points being closer together also contributes to more steering as well.

I like the v2 with 2mm of spacers. I tried 3mm and 4mm as well, which gave more steering, but likely a setting better for outdoor.

Cheers.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

hi guys just letting you guys know my s411 is for sale in the for sale section.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-wtt-s411.html
Old 02-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Martin Crisp
I have been testing the new v2 down at here at the snowbirds race and it is an improvement over the stock one as it allows you to reduce the ackerman by adding spacers...giving more mid corner steering. The connection points being closer together also contributes to more steering as well.

I like the v2 with 2mm of spacers. I tried 3mm and 4mm as well, which gave more steering, but likely a setting better for outdoor.

Cheers.
Thanks. Are you and Marc running similar setups? Good luck.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Cheers.
Martin @ i have your app. Great app!
what are your suggestion in what order you should set up your car?

1.Downstop 2. Ride height 3. Camber etc.......

Maybe you already have this in the app?
Old 02-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
How does this difference "feel" to you? Do you think its a big improvement? Have you seen it in orange yet for the LE?

Steve
Originally Posted by pcar951
Butter, it has a nice smooth feel to it. Seems to feel more precise, a better turn in but not as abrupt as the stock rack. "BIG" not sure but nice addition with some more tuning. Never asked about orange, although my orange car seems to be getting more gun metal looking all the time, lol.

Cheers.
2mm seems to work best for myself as well. Martin did you put it in as a straight replacement for the original? I ended up flipping the pivot arms so the rack would mount lower, doing this pretty much leveled the steering links out to the steering knuckles. (No bump steer).

Originally Posted by jekyll08
hi guys just letting you guys know my s411 is for sale in the for sale section.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-wtt-s411.html
See my post.

Originally Posted by MarcusEngdahl
Martin @ i have your app. Great app!
what are your suggestion in what order you should set up your car?

1.Downstop 2. Ride height 3. Camber etc.......

Maybe you already have this in the app?
I'm pretty sure its in there. I have both versions now Martin, the HD version is much better IMO, and a lot less spelling issues.

Last edited by Johnny Wishbone; 02-04-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

is the 2 mm top deck better for high grip carpet or the original top deck better
Old 02-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
Please post the link for the snap rings pliers you used, because when you compress the eyelets inward they touch each other before you can remove them I hate these F@@Kin' shocks can't wait until the new shock are released.
Shoot me a e-mail at [email protected] and I'll send you some pics of the snapring pliers. Just can't seem to post pics on here, too big I guess?
Old 02-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by zaraz
is the 2 mm top deck better for high grip carpet or the original top deck better
Really depends on what you're trying to tune for, I have one, but I don't think our track will give a good change of feel between the two, need a really high traction track to get a baseline on it.

That said, the 2mm top deck is definitely a flexible piece, front and back, there is a lot of twistability in it.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Someone posted on here about getting Serpent to modify the front bumper to resemble a Xray so there is less likelihood of snapping the front of the chassis. I was looking at this and I think if a person made a fiberglass spacer that would use the existing top bumper mounts and cross in front of the bulkheads resting against it it would sure help to strengthen it and take the slight back flex that can happen with it the way it is.

I am going to make one of these, but not having much luck posting pics on here.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

does the xray bumper and bottom support not fit the serpent, I have seen a serpent s411 with the xray bottom plate, bumper and top plate and seemed to bolt right up, someone else can chime in here who have both cars, it would make the mod easier if these parts bolted right up then all you have to worry about is the brace.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by zaraz
does the xray bumper and bottom support not fit the serpent, I have seen a serpent s411 with the xray bottom plate, bumper and top plate and seemed to bolt right up, someone else can chime in here who have both cars, it would make the mod easier if these parts bolted right up then all you have to worry about is the brace.
I'll have to check and let you know.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

we just had a 2 day event, in Mod tourer, Serpent TQ and 2nd , Finals, S411 takes the win. just 0.9 secs off the fastest Time from our National Champ set in Nov last year for the 5 mins.
Car is just easy, lovin it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.