Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 06:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Looks like we have a team edition kit coming... and a sport and RTR.... I am very excited at the potential sport level kits bring us. Perfect for getting new people in....

Will be picking one of these up to help get new people racing at our track...
Old 02-01-2012, 06:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

New Shock later release !
Old 02-01-2012, 06:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

as quoted on RedRc..

There will be a team edition of the S411 touring car which comes with the new RCM shocks, new foam front bumper, LiPo pack holders as standard, flex top plate and also with an improved gear diff. As with a lot of the cars in the line there will also be a Sport version with cheaper materials at a lower cost and an RTR version, in this case with Savox servo and Hobbywing electronics.

http://www.redrc.net/2012/02/toy-fai...nt/#more-51361

Old 02-01-2012, 06:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Is the flex top deck a good choice for outdoor asphalt.
What spring combo are guys running outdoors?
Old 02-01-2012, 06:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Improved gear diff sounds sweet.
RCM shocks...why I've built almost every dampener known to RC and I would have to say these are by far my favorite, I would have to see an improvement on the clock or some really outstanding improvement in traction before switching. They are so easy to get the same every time. Very easy to change oil at the track, no waiting for the aeration to go away… Maybe I’m missing something.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesReilly
Improved gear diff sounds sweet.
RCM shocks...why I've built almost every dampener known to RC and I would have to say these are by far my favorite, I would have to see an improvement on the clock or some really outstanding improvement in traction before switching. They are so easy to get the same every time. Very easy to change oil at the track, no waiting for the aeration to go away… Maybe I’m missing something.
yes you are missing something, just like im missing something.
i am very afraid of the RCM shocks. they say top loading and bladder replaces the foam. so for me, i will try to build them, but if i have any issues at all , i will go back to the easiest, and longest lasting shocks i know. oh, yeah, back to what we are missing, i think that is called a headache.

improved diff, i really hope the Wobblies have dissapeared, i thikn this would be a huge improvement.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Team Serpent

I have to say I think what serpent is doing for the RC community is great. I'm proud to be part of a team that is thinking outside of the box. At my home track(MSI RACING) we ordered the speed passion rtr 10th scale just because there is much interest in onroad just not paying 500-1200 dollars to get into the hobby. That's why off road is so popular 239 dollars you have a rtr slash you can bash with and race with. You may not be in the top 5 with a stock slash but you at least get to experience it and even if you don't like off road it was only a 239 dollar investment. I think a rtr s411 would be just the thing we need. I know it wont have highend parts and the best of everything but I think it will be an major boost to the RC community and My local track will definetly need them in stock. Lol

I seriously think the name Serpent will be talk of the RC community this year especially if they continue on the path they are on.

Also want to give a huge GOOD LUCK to all my Serpent team mates at the snowbirds this year. I know you guys will represent well. I want to hear good things Mr. Crisp.

-Alston Kelso
Old 02-01-2012, 08:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Where are you guys getting your Spur Gears?? Other than overseas, IE RC-Mushroom.. I am using an "dare I say" Xray spur gear that has been modified to fit the lay shaft hub. the hole in the center of the spur gear was to small so I drilled it out with the closest drill I could find, which is .010" to large then using aluminum foil tape, made a shim around the hub of the layshaft and it works. No slop or wobble. WOuld like to put a Spur Gear that is intended for use on the S411. Any help would be well appreciated. Love the CAR it is awesome..
Old 02-01-2012, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Also I will be picking up the Team Edition for my second car. But I am not sold on the RCM shocks either. Everything else sounds great. Looks as though I may be picking up the new GT Cobra as well my team mate James Reilly is trying to convince me to run some nitro but not sold yet lol love electric tc.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I can't stand the RCCX shocks snap ring is a B!t!h to get out and the eyelets run bvery close to the shock shaft. Upon the purchase of 411 I had to work the pre built shock up to snuff, binding, blurs on the pistons and the packing was dry.

Last edited by dawgmeat; 02-03-2012 at 05:57 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aquaracer
Where are you guys getting your Spur Gears?? Other than overseas, IE RC-Mushroom.. I am using an "dare I say" Xray spur gear that has been modified to fit the lay shaft hub. the hole in the center of the spur gear was to small so I drilled it out with the closest drill I could find, which is .010" to large then using aluminum foil tape, made a shim around the hub of the layshaft and it works. No slop or wobble. WOuld like to put a Spur Gear that is intended for use on the S411. Any help would be well appreciated. Love the CAR it is awesome..
If you can't find the Serpent gears then AE TC6 gears work as well.

Steve
Old 02-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default these

these work great. no mod. bolt right in. i bought several of these and love the crap out of them.

oops this is where i got them from:

http://www.nexusracing.com/index.php?cPath=145_321_322

i use 92 and 94t. perfect fit.

Originally Posted by Aquaracer
Old 02-01-2012, 11:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
improved diff, i really hope the Wobbles have disappeared, i think this would be a huge improvement.
Are you noticing any excessive wear on you bearings and drive shafts with this wobble issue? I figured under load it is not as pronounced. Also previously you mentioned a 'plug and play' set up for low traction. Can you post a link to this set up please? Regards Benzaah.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Are you noticing any excessive wear on you bearings and drive shafts with this wobble issue? I figured under load it is not as pronounced. Also previously you mentioned a 'plug and play' set up for low traction. Can you post a link to this set up please? Regards Benzaah.
just have to keep an eye on the blades a bit more. i think also what it can do is wear out the plastic eccentric, and the diff housing from the wobble.
As far as the setup, its on the serpent site, Patto Australia. but this isnt a technical track, its a fairly open and fast big track. was the old 8th scale gas track from a few years ago.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

New Rear 1.2mm Anti-Roll Bar
Spare Shrink Tube for DCJ
Alum. C-Hub
Leighweight 4.5mm Pivot Ball
Attached Thumbnails Serpent S411-ser-401465.jpg   Serpent S411-ser-401423.jpg   Serpent S411-ser-401486.jpg   Serpent S411-ser-401496.jpg   Serpent S411-ser-401500.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.