Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Old 12-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

Does anyone know if the BD5 roll bars fit?

I would like to try running in the longer roll bar position and was hoping these might be longer?
Old 12-12-2011, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 008-Racer

I would like to try running in the longer roll bar position and was hoping these might be longer?
Dont know about Yokomo bars but the Xray rear bars are longer and fit.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Akhor
I think what most are saying is that the 3.5 Suspension bracket for the rear is a very nice addition. Apparently the 2.25 chassis gives a slight improvement.

http://www.serpent.com/product/401420/

Someone that has both these parts can probably give you more info though.
Thanks, you can always count on the local boys for good information!
Old 12-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 008-Racer

Yokomo BD and BD5 bars fit (BD bars are longer).
Old 12-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah

On another note I cant fit in my Revtech 6000mah packs under the rear top deck without causing tweak when flexed Looks like im going back to Thunderpower
I've got my revtech 6500 in my car with no issues as well...

DC
Old 12-12-2011, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pcar951
Are most guys running the 2.25 or the 2.50 chassis on carpet?

Would the thinner chassis provide too much traction when the grip on carpet comes up or, is it a must to get the car to really lock in? What about hard arms...are they needed for carpet? Right now my S411 is 3/10 slower than my box stock T3/12 , I'd like to improve on that.
i really liked the car with the 2.5 on carpet.. medium/high traction.. i was also using the 3.0 toe plate.. take a look at the video link i posted.. you can see with only an hour of wheel time the car was very good.. i think by lap 5-6 i was starting to lap the field.. i am running the hard arms and hubs also.. jeremy
Old 12-12-2011, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by J.Whiting
i really liked the car with the 2.5 on carpet.. medium/high traction.. i was also using the 3.0 toe plate.. take a look at the video link i posted.. you can see with only an hour of wheel time the car was very good.. i think by lap 5-6 i was starting to lap the field.. i am running the hard arms and hubs also.. jeremy
Can you post a setup sheet. Thanks
Old 12-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Can you post a setup sheet. Thanks
i can try but generally they are to big to post on here.. if you know a way to post i can forward you an email with it.. pm me an email addy.. jeremy
Old 12-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks, you can always count on the local boys for good information!
Try that setup I sent you, its different, but its wicked fast, as fast as the other makes. It doesn't make sense on paper but it does some things that really help the car. If you have a second gear diff run that up front with 500k lube in it. The car has wicked front wheel chatter in the front and its really settled down with the diff or ECS. I prefer the 2.25 chassis and its not the cause of the grip roll of high traction. I also prefer the stock plastics, but will have to test the hard stuff again, but didn't like the feel of it the first time I ran it.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

Try that setup I sent you, its different, but its wicked fast, as fast as the other makes. It doesn't make sense on paper but it does some things that really help the car. If you have a second gear diff run that up front with 500k lube in it. The car has wicked front wheel chatter in the front and its really settled down with the diff or ECS. I prefer the 2.25 chassis and its not the cause of the grip roll of high traction. I also prefer the stock plastics, but will have to test the hard stuff again, but didn't like the feel of it the first time I ran it.
sending you and email.. the setup i ran no tire chatter and the car was very fast.. i will take a look at your setup.. check the video that i posted a link to.. you can see the car was fast and very easy to drive.. jeremy
Old 12-12-2011, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

sending you and email.. the setup i ran no tire chatter and the car was very fast.. i will take a look at your setup.. check the video that i posted a link to.. you can see the car was fast and very easy to drive.. jeremy
Our track is small and very tight with lots of lock to lock corners, it really shows up on it. Nice run though.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator

Our track is small and very tight with lots of lock to lock corners, it really shows up on it. Nice run though.
so is ours. i think it is 90 x 45.. i have a smaller track that is 80 x 30.. that track is really tight.. the one in the video is the bigger track.. some tight technical section and yet some higher speed stuff.. this layout was set up in about 30min.. i gat a call last minute to come and set up a track to race on..

overall i am very happy with the new car.. lots of steering. very stable. easy to drive.. the car lets you know when you are over driving it.. the rear will step out from you.. but when you take a step back and just ease the throttle the lap times will be .2-.3 tenths faster than trying to drive it hard.. jeremy
Old 12-12-2011, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

so is ours. i think it is 90 x 45.. i have a smaller track that is 80 x 30.. that track is really tight.. the one in the video is the bigger track.. some tight technical section and yet some higher speed stuff.. this layout was set up in about 30min.. i gat a call last minute to come and set up a track to race on..

overall i am very happy with the new car.. lots of steering. very stable. easy to drive.. the car lets you know when you are over driving it.. the rear will step out from you.. but when you take a step back and just ease the throttle the lap times will be .2-.3 tenths faster than trying to drive it hard.. jeremy
Those are large lol. 55X24, 3 -270* corners in a row, then 2 hairpins, you could actually hear the chatter it was so bad. Just fixing that was good for .2 seconds per lap and made the car far more consistent. Thats a nice flowing track you had there so I'm not surprised that chatter didn't come up. The setup will lock the car down even more but doesn't remove the steering from the car. (Hope we are both talking about ozite.)
Old 12-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Tech Master

I've basically got your setup on the car now, put the front diff in it, no Tamiya red springs though, I went yellow front / white rear. This car belongs to Erwin so I gotta keep it nice, I noticed that the front bones were already notching the spool drive cups (only 4 packs) so for me, the front diff is more to save on parts. I get to do some laps tomorrow night, wooohooo! I'll let you know how it goes, thanks for the help.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:52 PM
Tech Adept

Yokomo BD and BD5 bars fit (BD bars are longer).
That's the kind of info I was hoping for

Many Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.