R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-20-2011, 04:19 PM   #1426
Tech Addict

Default LOCAL S411

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
So far you Australian guys are the most active on this thread. Ren, I appreciate your write up. However, I plan on picking up one from my local Serpent dealer here in the US and would like to hear from someone at Serpent USA comment on their current batch of kits they have to release to their dealers here in the US.

Can anyone from Serpent USA concurr with Ren? I also haven't heard much from Scott Kimbrow. It would be nice to hear what he has to say about the S411 he is running here in the states.
You're very welcome. I do hope what has been written about does help you with your local supply. Too much confusion was killing the great aspects of the S411.

Cheers

Ren
www.rabhobbies.com.au
venom54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:54 PM   #1427
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to BAD007SUZUKI
Default motor

anyone notice that their motor plate bends? i have been having issues with spur gears stripping. i havent hit anything major since i bought the car. but i got to looking at it, and the motor on an angle. i bent it back just using my one hand. my friend had the same issue. he has had his car less time and hasnt hit anything major either. just a few scuffs on the wall now and again.

will the one piece mount solve this issue?

Old 10-20-2011, 06:22 PM   #1428
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Jamie Corrado, will you be running the car on carpet? What track are you guys up North running at....Horsham?
The Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:31 PM   #1429
Tech Regular

Teacher, Im pretty sure Jamie and Co. are running on carpet @ Donnies track up at New Rochelle. theres a thread on it in the racing forum

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...chelle-ny.html
VexVegaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:58 PM   #1430
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Teacher View Post
Jamie Corrado, will you be running the car on carpet? What track are you guys up North running at....Horsham?
What's up Teach?
Yup, like Vex's said Donnie Lia opened up a nice carpet track here in New Rochelle, NY. Check out the link. Maybe see you up here over the season.
Have you run the car yet?
Jamie Corrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:24 AM   #1431
Tech Elite

What's up Jamie...New Rochelle NY, sounds like a nice road trip I've run the car once so far up at MRH in MD but really didn't have a lot of time with it. I'm hoping to get out this weekend and try a bunch of stuff. It's good to see some fast guys picking the car up. I think you will really like it....I will keep an eye out for your setup
Old 10-21-2011, 06:23 AM   #1432
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD007SUZUKI View Post
anyone notice that their motor plate bends? i have been having issues with spur gears stripping. i havent hit anything major since i bought the car. but i got to looking at it, and the motor on an angle. i bent it back just using my one hand. my friend had the same issue. he has had his car less time and hasnt hit anything major either. just a few scuffs on the wall now and again.

a one peice motor mount is a tuning option how ever if your experiancing this problem it will solve it. i find some what strange that this is happening where abouts is it bending and are all the screws in i have been looking at mine and i am unable to see where it may be happening ?
the 2 peice mount will allow the chassi to flex more with the added option of been able to remove a top deck screw
mattwoodcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:51 AM   #1433
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Saw a Serpent S411 at RCM last night. Didn't get to take in the whole car, but one thing that caught my eye was that steering rack. What a work of art this car is.
DuckStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:17 PM   #1434
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD007SUZUKI View Post

can you take a pic of where the mount is bending and post it?

i'm using the out of the box mount, and have given the sides a few wacks due to poor driving ability. The other day, i made a major mistake and another car drove straight into the side of mine, hitting roughly around the motor mount, needless to say it was a large hit and the crowd went "OHHHH".

The bodyshell is buggered and i can say confidently nothing is bent, have spent a day stripping it down and checking everything, the motor can has a nice dent in it though. Im mighty impressed with the strength of the bits and pieces.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:34 PM   #1435
Tech Elite

BAD007SUZUKI, I'd like to see a pic of the bent motor mount as well. I gave my car a good workout the first time I had it out and I must say I didn't break or bend anything.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:03 PM   #1436
Tech Fanatic

well last sunday for the last season championship round, my pal's car came off the straight (not sure why still) and he broke: top deck, battery holders, part of chassis where motor is screwed on and other bits less important.

does not look that strong....

Drink EARTH water and save lives! in support of WFP
olly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:33 PM   #1437
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olly986 View Post
well last sunday for the last season championship round, my pal's car came off the straight (not sure why still) and he broke: top deck, battery holders, part of chassis where motor is screwed on and other bits less important.

i have had the car since day dot. i have pushed my personal limits with the car, have been T boned , have brushed the wall at high speeds, and i have not broken a thing on the car. some people have the luck when they crash, some dont.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:58 PM   #1438
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olly986 View Post

will have do disagree with that comment

im what is best described and a newbie learner with no experience. Have smashed, crashed, bashed and have even broken a wheel rim, but no damage to the chassis.

The car has rolled down the straight at sma, after i got the last turn horribly wrong, it wrecked the body shell but no other damage.
not sure why there would be so much damage, given that no one else isnt experiencing it
Old 10-22-2011, 01:22 AM   #1439
Tech Initiate

Got my car from RAB hobbies yesterday, built it up watching aus vs Wales in the hotel room. Went together a treat, no hassles with anything, everything was there and even with limited tools was a super smooth. My tech naive wife even was able to build the front end for me can't wait to get home and try it out now!
Thanks Ren for the superb service and advice
Deepsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 02:05 AM   #1440
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingnon View Post
will have do disagree with that comment

im what is best described and a newbie learner with no experience. Have smashed, crashed, bashed and have even broken a wheel rim, but no damage to the chassis.

The car has rolled down the straight at sma, after i got the last turn horribly wrong, it wrecked the body shell but no other damage.
not sure why there would be so much damage, given that no one else isnt experiencing it
cool fellas ! I am not slagging your cars, it is just that I hear non stop about how sturdy Serpent cars are, and obliviously they do break like others too.
My pal is not a beginner either but the frontal shock was fairly big, so were the damages, I think the S411 is a very nice chassis with good design.

Drink EARTH water and save lives! in support of WFP
olly986 is offline   Reply With Quote