R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-21-2011, 05:50 PM   #1201
Tech Apprentice

I hope that the prototype universals aren't weak don't fall apart like the Spec-R ones...
www.drcrc.ca
www.fastcats.ca
Jinjiro7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:31 PM   #1202
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
Yeah thats what I saw too... You have to be careful with the editable setup sheet because it dosen't display the.number properly when you use decimals like "1.5". I wish Serpent or someone else who is.handy with writing pdf's could make a better version that shows this properly and is smaller in size when saved (so we can post setups here where most ppl look).
I emailed Serpent a week or so ago, I got a response within hours, and was told that the problem will be resolved shortly. Vacation I think

Steve
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:26 PM   #1203
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to #iZzy Send a message via MSN to #iZzy Send a message via Yahoo to #iZzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft View Post
the double jointed CVD do they use some sought of retainer to secure the pin and stop it form backing out, my front CVDs always work the pin out one side more than the other. anyone else experiance the same problem ?
double-joint prototypes are using shrinking hose - don't know if that will be the final version, but it works really good with that method.

Me, marc and some other team members "had" the same problem with the outworking pin, too. Maybe you can use here shrinking hose ? ... But we all (all team members) are checking our CVDs after every run, it's very very important to take care on them that there is no sand etc. because this results in Vibrations (a lot more in front as in rear). MAYBE you can use a small drop of threadlock, too. But we tighten the screw with maximum power, without threadlock :> I had no outworking pins more in the last 10 runs ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinjiro7 View Post
I hope that the prototype universals aren't weak don't fall apart like the Spec-R ones...
no, serpent is REALLY precise and commendable if they're testing new products. no new product will be produce if they're not tested from any team member

Example double-joints: Marc run the prototypes on the german nationals (and 1-2 other team drivers, too). After the nationals they removed there "used" double-joints and give them to our serpent team-manager for analysis of weak points.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:35 PM   #1204
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm selling my S411 for money reasons only, the car is great.PM me if anyone interested, It comes with a lot of spares
Old 09-22-2011, 03:10 AM   #1205
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

great thanks i have been using a small amount of lock tight on the pins and checking after every run now. after every 5 runs im pulling them apart to clean and relube to
mattwoodcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:51 AM   #1206
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Marc's car looked excellent and super nimble in that small 'S' and 'hard-left' at the end of the straight. Asphalt season is just about over for us here, and its carpet running time now. Don't know if I'll be out much for it but it would be nice to get some more feedback of the S411 rug capabilities. Gonna eventually have 2 cars.....just gotta find a way to stop working so much

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:27 AM   #1207
Tech Apprentice

My front-end CVD pins use to back out every 2 runs when I first got the kit. So I just dremeled a flat spot on the pin where it meets the grub screw and no more issues. But I do this as standard for most of my cars CVDs when I first get them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft View Post
great thanks i have been using a small amount of lock tight on the pins and checking after every run now. after every 5 runs im pulling them apart to clean and relube to
www.drcrc.ca
www.fastcats.ca
Jinjiro7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:31 AM   #1208
Tech Adept

I read the previous posts and I would have written exactly the same, as you just wrote. Flat spot the pin, use a small amount of threadlock, and you will never have any problem with the pins again.

I used the same on the previous cars - Tamiya 416X and 417. No problems at all.

Quote:
My front-end CVD pins use to back out every 2 runs when I first got the kit. So I just dremeled a flat spot on the pin where it meets the grub screw and no more issues. But I do this as standard for most of my cars CVDs when I first get them.
BCDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:23 AM   #1209
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hello, I'm looking for indoor carpet setup sheets to give me an idea of where to start off. I'm not that good so i need something easy to drive and gets me around the track without beign the Duechbag on the carpet Less Twitchy the better. If anyone has a pdf they would like to share that would be fantastic.

I looked on serpent site and i think all of those setups are outdoor.

Thank You
Will M.
Will61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:25 AM   #1210
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will61 View Post
Hello, I'm looking for indoor carpet setup sheets to give me an idea of where to start off. I'm not that good so i need something easy to drive and gets me around the track without beign the Duechbag on the carpet Less Twitchy the better. If anyone has a pdf they would like to share that would be fantastic.

Thank You
Will M.
Hey Will,
If you can't get a setup, use a 416 or 417 for a starting base, it will be close and then adjust.

Who in Alberta is selling the cars as I see quite a few with the car now, or did you have to order it in?

Thanks
GL
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:40 AM   #1211
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03

Quote:

Thank You
Will M.
I'll try and have one today or tomorrow. John Kobleks car was good at the Gate Vegas warmup. He said it need more steering but its a really good starting point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Hey Will,
If you can't get a setup, use a 416 or 417 for a starting base, it will be close and then adjust.

Who in Alberta is selling the cars as I see quite a few with the car now, or did you have to order it in?

Thanks
GL
Clockwork racing has them. They are in Winnipeg. http://clockworkracingengines.com/co...90mm-ser400005
Old 09-22-2011, 11:46 AM   #1212
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks Paul.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:54 PM   #1213
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
is new design more stronger !!
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:14 PM   #1214
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
thanks ryan thats a great idea i will do this to my cvd pins today
mattwoodcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:13 AM   #1215
Tech Adept

Quote:

Thank You
Will M.

Hi.

Try this carpet set up. It works great for us. Tried it on two dífferent tracks. On both tracks the fastest car in both one round as well as in longruns.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Serpent Setup carpet RC Tech.pdf (371.9 KB, 227 views)
BCDK is offline   Reply With Quote