R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-17-2011, 01:57 AM   #1156
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
If their Gas kits are anything to go by, they will release an updated kit yearly.
this will not be a new design, it wont be alot of parts that wont fit the original chassis, but what they will do is add to the kit certain upgrades they feel will make a better all round kit. it wont matter to most, as we try certain things and buy certain parts we feel will help the cars performance. So there wont be a need to worry about this. so far the future is very strong for the 411, and the performance ........ Very good. Durability.......... awesome.

i run Mod , 3.5T since the day i built my car. i can say, i have the original belts on my car still. they are still very good.
I agee.with all the above except the belts. Standard belts are old school low friction type and are.fine for spex classes but not ideal for mod. I am on my 2nd and will replace it before FEMCCA. On a positive note they do have optional belts that are far better for mod.
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:09 AM   #1157
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

im on my 2nd rear belt but i think maybe something got cought as the top cover is missing in a section
mattwoodcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:23 PM   #1158
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Guys if you dont know, Marc Fischer is sitting on top of the German Nats so far. ahead of Sudhoff, Krapp, Volker and Rheinard.

This is very good news.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:35 AM   #1159
Tech Champion

Quote:
Guys if you dont know, Marc Fischer is sitting on top of the German Nats so far. ahead of Sudhoff, Krapp, Volker and Rheinard.

This is very good news.
Good stuff....

Hope he does we as the chassis deserves a few good results at least.
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:08 AM   #1160
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Does anybody have a fix for the slop in the steering for this car? Ran my car for the first time yesterday and I must say it was absolutly undrivable. I have been racing for a long time and although I'm not a factory driver or anything I'm certain the car was built correct. When some of the super fast guys at my track looked at the car (specificly the steering) they said sell it...it's crap! I wouldn't feel bad if this was coming from other guys my skill level, but these were guys that have been in the "A" at many big events. Think they might know a little something. I don't understand how Serpent can get everything else right on the car and screw the steering to hell....
The Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:18 AM   #1161
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Teacher View Post
Does anybody have a fix for the slop in the steering for this car? Ran my car for the first time yesterday and I must say it was absolutly undrivable. I have been racing for a long time and although I'm not a factory driver or anything I'm certain the car was built correct. When some of the super fast guys at my track looked at the car (specificly the steering) they said sell it...it's crap! I wouldn't feel bad if this was coming from other guys my skill level, but these were guys that have been in the "A" at many big events. Think they might know a little something. I don't understand how Serpent can get everything else right on the car and screw the steering to hell....
if you were to see my car , you will also see i have slop in my steering, my C hubs, my steering knuckles. but , the performance is still great. i dont have any issues with steering. it is a direct link to your servo, so it will feel all wrong to start with. but Kit setup is very twitchy. have a look at soem of the setups on the serpent site, My setup on there is for a low traction track, big high speed steering track. if you have problems with the car wondering, i feel there is something with the setup. the swaybars need alot of attention and depending on your motor choice, sometimes the top of the can can touch the top plate under flex conditions. so space out your motor by 0.5 or 1mm shim. make sure your battery isnt touching the top deck or close to it, under flex. the car is great, dont feel the slop is your issue, look for other things that could be wrong.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 09-18-2011, 09:29 AM   #1162
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutley001 View Post
Hi All

Just bought my S411 and built it - lovely kit. Ran it for the first time on Thursday eveing straight out the box and seemed pretty good but has anyone got a rubber/carpet setup they could post/pm me to get me going a bit quicker?
On that note the drivetrain seems quite tight out of the box - does the belts need slackening off a little in people's opinion?
I'm runnning 10.5 and it just seems not to be as smooth as it could be.
Also what size spurs fit? I'm currently using an 81t 48dp spur but would prefer to get back to 64dp but need a ratio of around 8.00 FDR so maybe around the 100t spur would fit?

Cheers

Paul
Anyone help me out with carpet settings?
mutley001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:39 AM   #1163
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutley001 View Post
Anyone help me out with carpet settings?
teh US is big on carpet soon. so maybe a little while there will be some setups from Scott. or others. im not a big carpet fan, and we are lucky to race all year in Australia, just rain holds us back. but im sure some carpet setups will be coming soon.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 09-18-2011, 10:05 AM   #1164
Tech Elite

Marc Fischer has become the German national champ. driving the S411.
Congrats to Marc for the result, and to serpent to get Marc on board.

now can you guys give him a Gas car to try !
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 09-18-2011, 01:51 PM   #1165
Tech Adept

do you have the site so we can look this up?
S411LE#63,eryx 2.0,kyosho ultima sc,B44.1,futaba.the short list. Ricky Bobby body club,member #4
atmeearacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:32 PM   #1166
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Pattojnr, thank you for your reply but I think slop in the steering has a lot to do with the car tracking straight. I think it also plays a big part with the car being consistent in the corners and steering around center...just my opinion. However, no need to focus on the negative I think I have found a temporary solution. When pressing the 4 bearings down into the 2 steering levers I place thick plastic (like the plastic bags your parts came in) over the bearings and the press them in. This seems to tighten things right up and keeps the movement free.
The Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:45 PM   #1167
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Quote:
Marc Fischer has become the German national champ. driving the S411.
Congrats to Marc for the result, and to serpent to get Marc on board.

now can you guys give him a Gas car to try !
This is great news.But, I have been curious why the slop in the front end also. If Marc Fisher beat the best guys in the world. Im sure this car is an A-Main car no matter the event. I will just keep trying different set-ups also. I have tried tightening steering similar to Teach has described with very bad results. I think maybe serpent intended for things to be as free as possible in the front. Its a very durable car that is the same pace I was on with my Tamiya 417 or maybe a little better. So, at the end of the day I have a very durable car that kicked ass at the German nats.
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #1168
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamison R View Post
This is great news.But, I have been curious why the slop in the front end also. If Marc Fisher beat the best guys in the world. Im sure this car is an A-Main car no matter the event. I will just keep trying different set-ups also. I have tried tightening steering similar to Teach has described with very bad results. I think maybe serpent intended for things to be as free as possible in the front. Its a very durable car that is the same pace I was on with my Tamiya 417 or maybe a little better. So, at the end of the day I have a very durable car that kicked ass at the German nats.
well i heard the latest kits have slightly different plastics, and that the one built i know of, has no slop. so maybe they already worked on this. but i have replaced front parts, Arms, C hubs and still same result. so maybe the pins and inserts have better tolerances ? im not sure. i will get another kit soon for Nationals, and see what i find. but my car as it is with slop, tracks straight, and is by far the fastest car at the track by nearly 0.5 secs on fastest lap. thats why i think there maybe another issue for Teachers, car.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 09-18-2011, 05:57 PM   #1169
Tech Champion

Congrats serpent team, now where is the video ??????
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:39 PM   #1170
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Teacher View Post
Pattojnr, thank you for your reply but I think slop in the steering has a lot to do with the car tracking straight. I think it also plays a big part with the car being consistent in the corners and steering around center...just my opinion. However, no need to focus on the negative I think I have found a temporary solution. When pressing the 4 bearings down into the 2 steering levers I place thick plastic (like the plastic bags your parts came in) over the bearings and the press them in. This seems to tighten things right up and keeps the movement free.
It is funny as I talk to the local Serpent team driver regarding the the slop in the steering and he tell me exactly the same thing..... Anyway, effect by it or not personally I don't really like the amount of slop so I install the bearing half way into the steering levers. Put a tinny drop of CA on the bearing and push the bearing inside the lever. As the CA dry it form a very hard layer between the bearing and the lever and no more slop. Be very careful with the CA as any get inside the bearing it will turn into a bushing.