R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-04-2011, 07:27 AM   #1051
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft View Post
the gear diff revision kit whats the differance between this and the one in the kit ?
the revision kit was made for the 733's original gear diff. as you can see, they are the same part number. so instead of a new part number for the 411, i guess its just spare parts, so they keep it named the same. i think there is a new revised diff housing though coming. or if not released already. this stops the wobble they have.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:35 AM   #1052
Tech Elite

well finally we had a good day weather wise . track conditions were quite good. and in the last 3 race meets have been trying out different stuff. went backwards, then sideways (alot) and today, the car was nailed.

ill post a setup in the next few days when i go over my car. took 5 secs of my best 5 min time, and lap record by 4 tenths.

but a quick run down as to what i have on my car now.

2.25 chassis , dropped front roll centers front and rear by 0.5
2 gear diff , 1000cst. front gear diff at 200K 3.5 rear toe plate, 3 hole front pistons, 500cst , orange spring. rear 4 hole piston, 500cst, white rear spring.
std front wheelbase, 1mm shim at rear of rear arm for rear wheelbase. 4mm front inner top arm shims, 3 and 3 on the rear. no screws removed for extra flex. M front arms and hubs, H rear arms and Hubs. long top rear arm. 1.4 front and 1.2 rear swaybars

droop, 5.5 front, 4 rear. ride height 6mm allround. no added weight as car balances perfect.

hope this helps some guys with setup. track is fast flowing and med - low grip.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T

Last edited by Pattojnr; 09-04-2011 at 09:19 AM.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:42 PM   #1053
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

hay patto your car looked real good out there yesterday and friggen fast to.

i got my car hooking up quiet well our set ups dont seem that far apart 2 laps into the last final my rotor fell apart into a billion peices next time im home i will be heading down to bunbury im thinking
mattwoodcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:15 PM   #1054
Tech Elite

Quote:
hay patto your car looked real good out there yesterday and friggen fast to.

i got my car hooking up quiet well our set ups dont seem that far apart 2 laps into the last final my rotor fell apart into a billion peices next time im home i will be heading down to bunbury im thinking
got down to 15.6 yesterday in the last final. that is very fast very happy with the 411
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 09-04-2011, 07:45 PM   #1055
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDan View Post
Now my question:

Has anyone tested with standard 2 pieces motor mount and no middle screw on the top deck? Does the spur gear really strip? How does the handling feel after unscrew it?
I normally prefer to remove the single screw over the.motor mount as part of my base setup. That said I have run the far with no.screws over both the motor mount and layshft and have not stripped any spurs. Its rather funny when u remove all screws as the top deck can rock back and.forth over the bottom deck. Handling wise it is the same.as any car with too much flex, loads of.understeer.
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:43 PM   #1056
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
got down to 15.6 yesterday in the last final. that is very fast very happy with the 411
hell yea

for the nats i think i will run stock as i have been away form racing these for to long im way off the pace in mod and not enough time for practice, since your running a front gear diff how does this make the car feel differant compared with the spool ?
mattwoodcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:11 PM   #1057
Tech Elite

Quote:
hell yea

for the nats i think i will run stock as i have been away form racing these for to long im way off the pace in mod and not enough time for practice, since your running a front gear diff how does this make the car feel differant compared with the spool ?
i did due to tyre wear. i will be spooling again sometime soon. 2 runs a set for Nats is no issue.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 09-05-2011, 11:04 AM   #1058
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Congrats Patto for that awesome run! That made a few jaws drop!
Proudly Sponsored by Stanbridges Hobbies
Serpent S411
jrxs-r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:19 PM   #1059
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrxs-r View Post
Congrats Patto for that awesome run! That made a few jaws drop!
Thanks Zacha. its funny how we have the Nationals coming to Bayswater, even though we seem to be getting more speed out of the cars, we as individuals are loosing focus of what is actually coming. due to weather , the 411 hasnt been run that much really. 4 or 5 meets. the car is still new, and time is running out. i was very dissapointed in teh attitude of one, and comments made behind ones back. i have said before to a few guys, do not take it personally, i am not out to make everyone look slow , below average, or just average. Ok sunday was a trophy day, it didnt stop me totally changing my car (again) to still experiment. a chassis and toe plates are too much to change back during racing. so if the car wasnt good, i was sort of stuck with it.
thats what some of the guys dont understand. every meet for me is like a testing day before Nationals come. its a matter of change, and see how far the boundaries can be pushed before you go backwards. as i have stated earlier, i have gone backwards alot wiht what i am trying. but Sunday sees a new base setup for me, and others now i have posted it. the comments made on sunday really did give me a little inspiration to just push the envelope a little harder than i would have, so i would have to say thanks to that person for that. but now setup is what im after, other things will now be tried, like software and more power ! id like to help the guys i race with get up to speed, i dont want to be deemed a certain person for just trying that bit harder. i think what happened Sunday is better to happen before the Nationals come. id hate to think yeah, everything is good, we are all very close, then we all get blown out of the water when the Nats arrive, and we are left wanting, and scratching our heads. Anyway, time to get the car prepped for this weekend. weather looks good once again.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 09-05-2011, 07:05 PM   #1060
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Thanks Zacha. its funny how we have the Nationals coming to Bayswater, even though we seem to be getting more speed out of the cars, we as individuals are loosing focus of what is actually coming. due to weather , the 411 hasnt been run that much really. 4 or 5 meets. the car is still new, and time is running out. i was very dissapointed in teh attitude of one, and comments made behind ones back. i have said before to a few guys, do not take it personally, i am not out to make everyone look slow , below average, or just average. Ok sunday was a trophy day, it didnt stop me totally changing my car (again) to still experiment. a chassis and toe plates are too much to change back during racing. so if the car wasnt good, i was sort of stuck with it.
thats what some of the guys dont understand. every meet for me is like a testing day before Nationals come. its a matter of change, and see how far the boundaries can be pushed before you go backwards. as i have stated earlier, i have gone backwards alot wiht what i am trying. but Sunday sees a new base setup for me, and others now i have posted it. the comments made on sunday really did give me a little inspiration to just push the envelope a little harder than i would have, so i would have to say thanks to that person for that. but now setup is what im after, other things will now be tried, like software and more power ! id like to help the guys i race with get up to speed, i dont want to be deemed a certain person for just trying that bit harder. i think what happened Sunday is better to happen before the Nationals come. id hate to think yeah, everything is good, we are all very close, then we all get blown out of the water when the Nats arrive, and we are left wanting, and scratching our heads. Anyway, time to get the car prepped for this weekend. weather looks good once again.
After watching your car every race meet while marshalling, your car last weekend was on rails. And what a drive, every corner, it looked planted. The other cars were sliding through the corners, yours was point and shoot. Miccal and myself were watching in amazement as the car went past our point commenting on the difference between yours and the others. What ever you did, i wanna know...

Serpent S411 - LRP X12 8.5 - Speed passion speedy - spektrum DX3R pro - Savox 1251mx
Ryper Hobbies Arrowmax Tools West Coast Model RC
Snow Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:23 PM   #1061
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Rider View Post
After watching your car every race meet while marshalling, your car last weekend was on rails. And what a drive, every corner, it looked planted. The other cars were sliding through the corners, yours was point and shoot. Miccal and myself were watching in amazement as the car went past our point commenting on the difference between yours and the others. What ever you did, i wanna know...
as i said, i will make a setup sheet tonight and post it. i get to run the 966TE this weekend ....... Woooo Hoooo
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 09-05-2011, 09:56 PM   #1062
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Great news Pattojnr!!! Can't wait to see your complete setup

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:03 PM   #1063
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
as i said, i will make a setup sheet tonight and post it. i get to run the 966TE this weekend ....... Woooo Hoooo
I believe you said earlier that you where running a 2.25mm chassis. Have you compared all three? If so what are your thoughts? I have the 2mm and.was thinking of trying it out this weekend. I am expecting it to br a waste of.money but you never know....