R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2011, 05:44 PM   #886
Tech Apprentice
 
azz187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 80
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

For those running the gear diff in the front, what is a good starting oil?
I've been told 500,000 cst any other suggestion? I'll be running on med- high traction Asphalt.
Cheers..
azz187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:17 PM   #887
Tech Apprentice
 
Jinjiro7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Oshawa, ON, Canada
Posts: 57
Default

So the maiden race didn't go as planned. I hit the wall a few times. Busted Front right CVD pin. Also rear blades were worn using 7turn and 13.5 turn brushless for approximately 10 runs.

The good news? I am averaging 1sec faster than the last time I raced there. And posted my best lap time ever on that track!
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent S411-photo.jpg  
__________________
Ryan
-----------------------
* Serpent S411 * M11x *
www.drcrc.ca
www.fastcats.ca
Jinjiro7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:33 PM   #888
Tech Apprentice
 
rcscoot2539's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pitts Pa
Posts: 82
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by azz187 View Post
For those running the gear diff in the front, what is a good starting oil?
I've been told 500,000 cst any other suggestion? I'll be running on med- high traction Asphalt.
Cheers..
First are you running 2 or 4 gears?
I was running 4 gears with 500,000 cst and didn't like it, too much torqesteer, I had better lap times with the spool. My 2cents
__________________
TC6 - B4.1 - LOSI SCTE - LRP - SPEKTRUM - SWEEP - AB CHARLES HOBBY SHOP - THE RACEWAY AT BEAVER
rcscoot2539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:22 PM   #889
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinjiro7 View Post
So the maiden race didn't go as planned. I hit the wall a few times. Busted Front right CVD pin. Also rear blades were worn using 7turn and 13.5 turn brushless for approximately 10 runs.

The good news? I am averaging 1sec faster than the last time I raced there. And posted my best lap time ever on that track!
The really soft kit blades are useless.... We got free replacement here with very hard blades and they seems to work well. Only have 2 runs with the new blades and so far no visiable sign of wear.
__________________
http://www.gpm-parts.com
gpm-parts.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:20 PM   #890
Tech Apprentice
 
azz187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 80
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcscoot2539 View Post
First are you running 2 or 4 gears?
I was running 4 gears with 500,000 cst and didn't like it, too much torqesteer, I had better lap times with the spool. My 2cents
Haven't run it yet but I'll be going with 2 gears.
I've heard mixed reviews on oils & putty.
azz187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:23 AM   #891
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,310
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpm-parts.com View Post
The really soft kit blades are useless.... We got free replacement here with very hard blades and they seems to work well. Only have 2 runs with the new blades and so far no visiable sign of wear.
Is there a new blade (based on the same plastic as the hard arms I imagine)?
__________________
Blade: Andro Treiber H 79g AN
FH: Donic Bluefire M3 Max Blk
BH: Donic Bluefire M2 Max Red
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:35 AM   #892
Tech Master
 
fatboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: singapore
Posts: 1,533
Send a message via MSN to fatboy
Default

I'm wondering if this SPEC R - Drive Shaft Plastic Cup ( For Yokomo 3.5mm )) usable for 411 ?
__________________
Serpent 100, Serpent 120, Serpent 240 , Serpent 966, Serpent 733, Serpent 811, KM HK-1
fatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:45 AM   #893
Tech Elite
 
mattwoodcraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: perth / australia
Posts: 2,747
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

thge yokomo spec r will work..

also the tc 6 blades with a light sand down also work a treat and last a long time
mattwoodcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:02 PM   #894
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
Is there a new blade (based on the same plastic as the hard arms I imagine)?
yes, much much harder. I don't think it is same materials as the hard arm. The colour is black (not dark grey like the hard arm). Very hard, had 3 more runs with the car last night and the blades still look brand new.
__________________
http://www.gpm-parts.com
gpm-parts.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:36 PM   #895
Tech Apprentice
 
Jinjiro7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Oshawa, ON, Canada
Posts: 57
Default

Do you guys find that the bearings that come with the steering bridge are wobbly?
__________________
Ryan
-----------------------
* Serpent S411 * M11x *
www.drcrc.ca
www.fastcats.ca
Jinjiro7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:53 PM   #896
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,498
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinjiro7 View Post
Do you guys find that the bearings that come with the steering bridge are wobbly?
I beleive the instruction say to use the washer..don't take them out and the steering bridge fit better less slop...
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:52 PM   #897
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 443
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Does anybody know if the Xray Slotted CVD pin will work n the S411?
__________________
Sanwa M12S---Awesomatix A800 ---Motiv---Defy---Orca
kobiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:50 PM   #898
Tech Regular
 
zoomster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 279
Thumbs up

Hi Kobiwan do you mean the Xray CVD pin with the flat ground to lock the set screw onto if so,Yes have replaced them all and also now using Top Aluminum axle pin holders(sleeves) just for extra insurance
__________________
Team Bust Out The Shorts Racing
zoomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:30 AM   #899
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomster View Post
Hi Kobiwan do you mean the Xray CVD pin with the flat ground to lock the set screw onto if so,Yes have replaced them all and also now using Top Aluminum axle pin holders(sleeves) just for extra insurance
Yes, the pin will fit. Don't you find the Top sleeves a little loose.... I fit it on mine and it keep moving around.....
__________________
http://www.gpm-parts.com
gpm-parts.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:27 AM   #900
Tech Addict
 
venom54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Aspendale
Posts: 576
Default SPECR YOKO BLADES

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
I'm wondering if this SPEC R - Drive Shaft Plastic Cup ( For Yokomo 3.5mm )) usable for 411 ?
These are a good clean fit and work a treat. Better wearing as well.

Cheers

Ren
__________________
Play hard but be nice to your parents!
VBC RACING|ASSOCIATED|XRAY|TEAM POWERS|THUNDER TIGER|HOBBYWING|HPI|WTF FANS|ORION AND MORE IN STORE.
145 COMO PARADE EAST 3195 PARKDALE VICTORIA AUSTRALIA.
www.rabhobbies.com.au
venom54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Batu Kawan Rc Track Tongga Malaysian R/C Racers 10418 06-28-2016 11:34 PM
DRCW Raceway Chesapeake, VA // Asphalt / Indoor Off Road / Outdoor Off Road stiltskin Racing Forum 10278 11-14-2014 07:39 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:23 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0