Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
price is lower !
Can you pre-order?
www.rcgears.net, www.carcar.ca, www.karz.ca
Akhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:46 AM   #62
Tech Rookie

So finally a new Serpent TC!

For certain I want one, maybe its just the long for a nostalgic feeling....

In the mid eighties, when I was just a little kid, and went over to events or the local track to spectated it was Serpent that was most seen.

Then the factor that Serpent originated as a Dutch company and the S411 just looks great, make me want to ditch my T3 right away.

And about the negative impact concerning the unsupported S400....

I think this car will be well worth taking the risk.
vanNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:13 AM   #63
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

When is it due out.....cause I have to budget for 2 new cars, this one and the Awesom****

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:32 AM   #64
Tech Elite

I think all the companies outsourcing production are prone to such disappointments. I have bought recently a very expensive buggy 1/10 designed in Germany, but outsourced to Taiwan. What a mistake. All the machined parts have a poor fit similar to that of aftermarket parts coming from SE Asia. The spur holder was out of true, and wobbled like a rotten tooth! That's not what you expect when spending upwards of 600$ on a car.

Look at the fit of Tamiya or Xray, or any other car built in a western country and you'll realise there's a huge difference. I think if you want to go down this path you have to factor in a huge cost in warranty claims or 100% zero tolerance QC.

Volkswagen did this when they took posesion of their Skoda factory in the Czech Republic and the result was a more reliable car than the competing Volkswagen/Audis built on the same platform in Germany where QC was only 40%.

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.
niznai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:52 AM   #65
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by niznai View Post
I think all the companies outsourcing production are prone to such disappointments. I have bought recently a very expensive buggy 1/10 designed in Germany, but outsourced to Taiwan. What a mistake. All the machined parts have a poor fit similar to that of aftermarket parts coming from SE Asia. The spur holder was out of true, and wobbled like a rotten tooth! That's not what you expect when spending upwards of 600$ on a car.

Look at the fit of Tamiya or Xray, or any other car built in a western country and you'll realise there's a huge difference. I think if you want to go down this path you have to factor in a huge cost in warranty claims or 100% zero tolerance QC.

Volkswagen did this when they took posesion of their Skoda factory in the Czech Republic and the result was a more reliable car than the competing Volkswagen/Audis built on the same platform in Germany where QC was only 40%.
you are speculating these issues. i feel it wont happen, as the quality of the gas cars on the current platform and manufacturing, the 411 is coming from the same place. the 966 , 733, and the 120 are all national champion chassis (from certain parts of the world). and i believe the 411 will do the same some time soon.

so save all the speculations, and if you choose to not go down that path, then that is your choice, you can not warn others of bad things when the car isnt even released yet.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:32 AM   #66
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
you are speculating these issues. i feel it wont happen, as the quality of the gas cars on the current platform and manufacturing, the 411 is coming from the same place. the 966 , 733, and the 120 are all national champion chassis (from certain parts of the world). and i believe the 411 will do the same some time soon.

so save all the speculations, and if you choose to not go down that path, then that is your choice, you can not warn others of bad things when the car isnt even released yet.
Nice patronising pep talk.

But wrong.

Speculation is a predictive opinion about whether or not something will happen without hard data. I have presented my hard data, but issued no prediction, if you read it carefully.

You on the other hand "feel" and "believe" it's not going to happen without any supporting evidence. Now who's speculating?

But that's fine, you can speculate as much as your heart desires. I don't mind. It's an open forum.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:44 AM   #67
Tech Elite

Quote:
Nice patronising pep talk.

But wrong.

Speculation is a predictive opinion about whether or not something will happen without hard data. I have presented my hard data, but issued no prediction, if you read it carefully.

You on the other hand "feel" and "believe" it's not going to happen without any supporting evidence. Now who's speculating?

But that's fine, you can speculate as much as your heart desires. I don't mind. It's an open forum.
dont start this crap again. i know who you are.

you talk about a totally different brand, yet slap it on the 411. your comment is not relevant, to the serpent product. what i said, is from years of racing the serpent product at the highest level of racing in Australia. yet you like to race kids and the not so experienced to gain your results.

the serpent product has been very good since changing its base to china, some initial flaws that were sorted out very quickly , but really only one that was a tank issue. now every brand has its own issues and you cant label every brand a cheap one, or very low quality as you have previously stated.
i make my statement from racing the serpent product, and supporting it. i would never ever go to a Mugen thread and say the cars are no good. or a HB or Tamiya thread and say the product is no good, why, cause i do not race it, nor would i slander a brand or chassis that i have no personal knowledge of.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 03-02-2011, 07:29 AM   #68
Tech Elite

Hey, dude, check this out:
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent S411-screenshot-serpent-s411-page-5-r-c-tech-forums-mozilla-firefox.png  

Old 03-02-2011, 11:32 AM   #69
Tech Rookie

Quote:

Hey niznai, why so immature. You made a statement which is rather speculative. So its more than logical that you will be put right...and when so happens just be humble and reply with respect.

No necessity for such behavior. This indeed is an open form for S411 enthusiasts. So if you are disappointed in your own decision to buy a crappy product. Please be so kind to share in a thread concerning that brand ore type of vehicle. And if you do not have anything to contribute to the cause, please don't reply

Many thanks in advance!
vanNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:09 PM   #70
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Childish........maybe

Funny..........definitely

Fact is non of us know what this car will be like, lets just wait and see.

Donny Racing - http://donnyracing.yolasite.com/forum.php

Poweeeeerrrrr!
housey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:27 PM   #71
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

From a non serpent owner and somewhat new to RC racing. I have heard more than one person tell me about a car serpent made, then stopped making parts for it. So my opinion is, it really doesnt matter who posts what. Most people know of the S400 issue. Even the noobs. Nice lookn ride tho
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:06 PM   #72
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

When is the toy fair so we can get more details on this car?
www.rcgears.net, www.carcar.ca, www.karz.ca
Akhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:14 PM   #73
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by housey View Post
Childish........maybe

Funny..........definitely

Fact is non of us know what this car will be like, lets just wait and see.
Yes i too think its pretty funny as well

so getting back to the car..........

some one asked for more info ? we should get to know more in about 8 or so days. some one is flying in to oversee production, once happy then i guess things should start to be finalized. there are lots of pics of the car on redrc.net for those wanting to look some more.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 03-02-2011, 04:18 PM   #74
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamison R View Post
From a non serpent owner and somewhat new to RC racing. I have heard more than one person tell me about a car serpent made, then stopped making parts for it. So my opinion is, it really doesnt matter who posts what. Most people know of the S400 issue. Even the noobs. Nice lookn ride tho
that is fine, the people who made comment had owned the car themselves. but it was not a quality issue at hand, was a parts supply, so thats what got me more annoyed, but im past that, and to be ignored now, probably is the best way in the long run for himself.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 03-02-2011, 04:51 PM   #75
Tech Adept

Quote:

anyway, hopefully, this car could be like their nitro cars which are reliable to race and good support at parts !
If so, I would definitely get one .