Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Old 07-24-2011, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

sounds good i look forward to sunday i to want to be cranking out some laps.

you using any motor heat sink or fans
Old 07-24-2011, 05:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft
sounds good i look forward to sunday i to want to be cranking out some laps.

you using any motor heat sink or fans
heatsink and one fan.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the Thunder Power motors? If so, how does is fair to the likes the the Duo 3 and LRP X12 motors?
Old 07-24-2011, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kobiwan
Has anyone tried the Thunder Power motors? If so, how does is fair to the likes the the Duo 3 and LRP X12 motors?
At our local track lots on thunderpower 17.5 in amain car.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JayBee
Thanks buddy. I cut them with a circle cutter and I also cut them so the front of the body can 'curl' under itself. There's no cracked wheelwells that way

Race ready for tomorrow
I dont like that they made the 411 stickers so small
Old 07-24-2011, 07:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Maiden Run

Wow, what a killer day today out on the asphalt! High of 82degrees today and the track temps were 125*+
Started the day with the box-stock set-up, with the exception of laying the shocks down 1 hole all around. Had Sorex 32's on the car (I know, I know) just to try em. Immediately I could feel that the car has a bunch of inherent steering.....NIICE!! Great rotation, but the tires heated up too fast, rear geardiff oil was too thin, so the car just wanted to over rotate. And for my taste the stock spring set-up was too stiff. So a few changes....first, swapped out the gd oil for #3000; replaced the stock springs with Reflex Racing (off my TC6....14.5lb/front & 13.5lb/rear)....and in anticipation for how hot it was gonna be today, made up some Sorex40's/Speedmind wheels/Yokomo 039M inserts last night and slapped them on. I also put in my D3 since I knew the gearing with that motor (3.82 FDR). The car settled in for the rest of the raceday and had me smiling ear to ear. A & B mains and I qualified 3rd in the A. The second place guy made a oopsie, I took 2nd and held it 'till the end. That 1st place XRay was outta reach (the Italian Stallion is dialed) Maybe next time.....I just don't know what to try next.

All in all, a very happy customer. My only gripe is access to the aft motor screw. I had to take the topdeck off and move the spurgear assembly up. I definitely have to invest in a couple of XRay spurgears.

Wait!! There's more.....
Been home about an hour or so and went to clean the tires and to my surprise ALL ELEVEN screws in the topdeck were loose (stupid me forgot to tighten them back up after my motor change) It scares me that the car felt great this way. So what's gonna happen when I tighten them back down?!

7.5/10 ......JayBee
Old 07-24-2011, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

You talking about Jake? If so, he won the race at Fasstrax the last time we ran there.

What was his fast lap compared to yours? I told you the car was good

Steve
Old 07-24-2011, 07:26 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
Wow, what a killer day today out on the asphalt! High of 82degrees today and the track temps were 125*+
Started the day with the box-stock set-up, with the exception of laying the shocks down 1 hole all around. Had Sorex 32's on the car (I know, I know) just to try em. Immediately I could feel that the car has a bunch of inherent steering.....NIICE!! Great rotation, but the tires heated up too fast, rear geardiff oil was too thin, so the car just wanted to over rotate. And for my taste the stock spring set-up was too stiff. So a few changes....first, swapped out the gd oil for #3000; replaced the stock springs with Reflex Racing (off my TC6....14.5lb/front & 13.5lb/rear)....and in anticipation for how hot it was gonna be today, made up some Sorex40's/Speedmind wheels/Yokomo 039M inserts last night and slapped them on. I also put in my D3 since I knew the gearing with that motor (3.82 FDR). The car settled in for the rest of the raceday and had me smiling ear to ear. A & B mains and I qualified 3rd in the A. The second place guy made a oopsie, I took 2nd and held it 'till the end. That 1st place XRay was outta reach (the Italian Stallion is dialed) Maybe next time.....I just don't know what to try next.

All in all, a very happy customer. My only gripe is access to the aft motor screw. I had to take the topdeck off and move the spurgear assembly up. I definitely have to invest in a couple of XRay spurgears.

Wait!! There's more.....
Been home about an hour or so and went to clean the tires and to my surprise ALL ELEVEN screws in the topdeck were loose (stupid me forgot to tighten them back up after my motor change) It scares me that the car felt great this way. So what's gonna happen when I tighten them back down?!

7.5/10......JayBee
you forgot one thing ..you didn't get back to me ,to tell me if the 3000wt gear diff works for you??..btw
I'm glad that you like the Serpent S411
Old 07-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
You talking about Jake? If so, he won the race at Fasstrax the last time we ran there.

What was his fast lap compared to yours? I told you the car was good

Steve
Yep....Jake. I don't know what our fast laps were but Marc C's XRay (2nd qualifer) is a bullet as well.

Originally Posted by OVA
you forgot one thing ..you didn't get back to me ,to tell me if the 3000wt gear diff works for you??..btw
I'm glad that you like the Serpent S411
It works well buddy.....thanks
Old 07-25-2011, 04:34 AM
Tech Elite

until iou get the spur gears you need i have been undoing the 2 screws and pulling the motor mount out to get to the inside screw that way no need to remove the top deck .

i have just got a heap robinson racing spur gears and they work a treat
Old 07-25-2011, 05:00 AM
Tech Regular

Im looking at getting the s411 is there any parts u need to get
The car to go better?

I heard that u need the motormount , 2 mm chassis and the hard
Lower arms..

Thanks
Old 07-25-2011, 08:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mwoods
The car to go better?

Lower arms..

Thanks
The car runs great out of the box, you donīt need to change anything.
Maybe softers springs in the rear. I tried the hard lower arms but didīnt
noticed any big difference.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:13 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mwoods
The car to go better?

Lower arms..

Thanks
I got the 2mm chassis on my car and it is good for 17.5 stock ,but not for mod in med. grips traction...I'm going to put back on the 2.5mm stock and compare each other...

I would get the 3000wt for your gear diff...
Old 07-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by OVA
I got the 2mm chassis on my car and it is good for 17.5 stock ,but not for mod in med. grips traction...I'm going to put back on the 2.5mm stock and compare each other...

I would get the 3000wt for your gear diff...
well the car has been ordered just a waiting game for it turn up cant wait to start building it and race it of course
Old 07-25-2011, 09:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

you guys know Jake isn't Italian...don't you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.