R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-15-2014, 11:14 AM   #6586
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintchip31 View Post
Alright Guy's I have done a search on here and looked for a good bit of time and have not found what I have been looking for. I have the eyrx 2.0 and bought it used. I ran it for the first time yesterday. The steering bell crank keeps popping off the bearings can anyone tell me where to find the fix for this please?
I have spent 3 hours looking for this but there is a lot to read on here about this car!
I also had this issue sometimes and there's a simple fix to this issue. Take a look at the picture I attached. What I did was I put a countersunk washer and a few very thin washers in between the bearing and the washer. After doing that it never popped off again.

jdawg81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:21 AM   #6587
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The original 2.0 steering bell cranks had quite loose holes around the bearings which made for a sloppy steering assembly. I haven't personally had the problem you describe however the new 3.0 bell cranks come with pressed in bearings which makes for a much better, slop free steering assembly.

I think if you replaced the bell cranks with the new standard parts then that will also fix the problem. The P/N is the same for the new and old standard and so you need to check with the dealer you use to make sure you get the new ones.
Serpent Viper 977e, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent 411 4.0 Eryx, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:36 AM   #6588
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_vector View Post
The original 2.0 steering bell cranks had quite loose holes around the bearings which made for a sloppy steering assembly. I haven't personally had the problem you describe however the new 3.0 bell cranks come with pressed in bearings which makes for a much better, slop free steering assembly.

I think if you replaced the bell cranks with the new standard parts then that will also fix the problem. The P/N is the same for the new and old standard and so you need to check with the dealer you use to make sure you get the new ones.
Dan, can u tell it's a new one just by seeing it? Or does it look same as the older one?
Old 06-16-2014, 11:40 AM   #6589
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Being that there is so much posted on this car, I hope no one minds me asking- but out of the box is this a very planted car on asphalt? Or does it tend to be on the loose side? I tried the original S411 in the past and it was a handful for me... this was on carpet but regardless I could tell it was a car made more for a pro. I'm asking specifically about the Eryx 2.0 . Would be willing to try Serpent again, just need to know if they have made the car a little easier to wheel out of the box. Thanks.

Powered by Hotwings, Rolling Rock, and the urge to race toy cars...
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:07 PM   #6590
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nf_ekt View Post
Being that there is so much posted on this car, I hope no one minds me asking- but out of the box is this a very planted car on asphalt? Or does it tend to be on the loose side? I tried the original S411 in the past and it was a handful for me... this was on carpet but regardless I could tell it was a car made more for a pro. I'm asking specifically about the Eryx 2.0 . Would be willing to try Serpent again, just need to know if they have made the car a little easier to wheel out of the box. Thanks.
Out of box default set up, it's not planted in the rear in either track. It has tons of steering though. To me, default set up didn't work but was not far from optimal setting in either track.
It's a very good car but if you don't want to spend any time on setting up a car, this may not be yours. But I'm sure there are some guys willing to help you at the local track. I get tons of help here from experienced and knowledge people too. It all depends on your willingness, driving skill, fund, time and knowledge on setup. Good luck.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:27 PM   #6591
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nf_ekt View Post
I've found this car to be easy to setup for asphalt. I got a used chassis that was set for carpet then I pulled one of the medium grip asphalt setups from petit rc and copied that it was a little loose but one shock position change on the rear and bam it was almost dialed. If you're running rubber tire though mine seems to prefer much more racing or sorex sweeps and Jacos were way loose. Get one and with a little help from your local track mates you'll love this car.
Slash 4x4, Axial Deadbolt
scooby61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:44 PM   #6592
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuvet75 View Post
Dan, can u tell it's a new one just by seeing it? Or does it look same as the older one?
Yes. The new ones come with bearings pressed into the levers whereas the old ones come without bearings.
Serpent Viper 977e, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent 411 4.0 Eryx, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:00 PM   #6593
Tech Regular

Just received a part from absolute hobby for my eryx it's part number 401526 geardiff revision set v2. Supposed to convert the composite gear different to metal but I see that the king gears have a hex inside them instead of a pin slot on the bottom for the outdrives. Do I need to order different outdrives? ? Or is this the wrong part?
Old 06-16-2014, 04:34 PM   #6594
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Dumb question, but can you run 26mm foam tires on the Eyrx 3.0?
Mugen MBX7T ECO (Truggy)
SMC, Max Amps, LRP, Poseidon Motors, Cordova Research Motors, Xceed.
Evo 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:13 PM   #6595
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo 13 View Post
Dumb question, but can you run 26mm foam tires on the Eyrx 3.0?
I don't see why not? It's your car I haven't tried but it's just not legal to race with. You might or might not have to put +offset wheel hexes due to the 26mm depth in order to avoid contact between inner rim of the wheel and C block/rear upright, especially if you want to use 30mm in the rear.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:49 PM   #6596
Tech Fanatic

Hey Snuvet75,

I've been eyeing these 411's for a good while now, and wanted something to dedicate to my local track. So I won't be racing per se. Just running laps by my lonesome. Over all, how do you like the car, Is it fast? I want something that has crazy speed, yet drivable.
Mugen MBX7T ECO (Truggy)
Old 06-16-2014, 07:12 PM   #6597
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo 13 View Post
Hey Snuvet75,

I've been eyeing these 411's for a good while now, and wanted something to dedicate to my local track. So I won't be racing per se. Just running laps by my lonesome. Over all, how do you like the car, Is it fast? I want something that has crazy speed, yet drivable.
It's fast if you can drive fast. Well balanced car and definitely competitive with other well known brands. It's worth the money.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:26 PM   #6598
Tech Fanatic

Thanks
Mugen MBX7T ECO (Truggy)
Old 06-16-2014, 09:01 PM   #6599
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby61 View Post
Just received a part from absolute hobby for my eryx it's part number 401526 geardiff revision set v2. Supposed to convert the composite gear different to metal but I see that the king gears have a hex inside them instead of a pin slot on the bottom for the outdrives. Do I need to order different outdrives? ? Or is this the wrong part?
That gear set is for the V2 diff with the steel outdrives (non-pinned). I don't see the steel outdrives listed on the site but I'd be surprised if they aren't available. In most cases we have run the small steel gears in combination with the composite big gears with good results. Just be sure you run the shims with the small gear/composite gear combo and check the backlash as if its too big you can take out the composite gear pretty quickly. The bad part is the steel outdrives do weigh quite a bit more than the aluminum ones.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:56 PM   #6600
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
That gear set is for the V2 diff with the steel outdrives (non-pinned). I don't see the steel outdrives listed on the site but I'd be surprised if they aren't available. In most cases we have run the small steel gears in combination with the composite big gears with good results. Just be sure you run the shims with the small gear/composite gear combo and check the backlash as if its too big you can take out the composite gear pretty quickly. The bad part is the steel outdrives do weigh quite a bit more than the aluminum ones.
So what's the pro/ con's of running the all steel gear vs the composite vs the hybrid that your talking about. I'm not the world's best driver so I was looking at it as sacrificing a little acceleration ( due to Inc rotational mass) for reliability. I still crash fairly often and run on med grip small asphalt track. On rubber tires with a tekin rsx and a 5.5t.