R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-19-2011, 05:47 PM   #646
Tech Champion
 
JayBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 12TH-MAN COUNTRY
Posts: 6,803
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
JayBee,

My LW LTC-R mounted just fine, Kody actually did it and it went smooth as buttahh. I actually have removed 1mm shim from behind the front arm, moving the arm towards the motor (shorter) and I moved 2mm of shims in front of the rear arm, thus moving the rear arms away from the motor.

My car is really good on its first and only run (dang rain out last week).

Steve
I guess I should've been more direct- are you guys running your bodies more forward or rearward? I don't know the cars inherent tendencies ie. steering characteristics. Especially on a low to medium bite parking lot, up to high bite asphalt conditions.
__________________
R C 3 G R A F I X _ F U S I O N . G R A P H I X _ S E A T T L E - R/C - R A C E R S _ E M E R A L D C I T Y R C . C O M

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:25 PM   #647
Tech Champion
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,490
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

I say wait 5 weeks and have Kody mount the body..
__________________
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:07 PM   #648
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamison R View Post
I really wanted to try front gear diff. Ordered gear diff from RcMarket and here is retrurn email. Serpent says there is no revision to diff case. RcMarket says different:

Dear Sir,

Your orders we'll processing.

you ordered ( SERPENT 401383 GEAR DIFF SET ) this item will delay release.
because Manufacturer they need change (this item the " case ") ,
so, their shipment will delay arrive.


When we receive this item, we'll send orders to you, OK ?


Best Regards,
www.rcmarket.com.hk
Thank you for choosing RC Market!
Not sure if I got a bad one but I got an extra gear diff for front. The one that came with the kit is perfect but the extra one I got the whole casing is not centered.... After mounting it on the car if you spin it the whole thing is going up and down by around 1mm.... And it leaks like crazy..... Yes, I had makes sure the 4 screws which hold the casing together is tighten evenly and the small gap between the casing is nice and even. Anyone have the same issue?
__________________
http://www.gpm-parts.com
gpm-parts.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:29 AM   #649
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpm-parts.com View Post
Not sure if I got a bad one but I got an extra gear diff for front. The one that came with the kit is perfect but the extra one I got the whole casing is not centered.... After mounting it on the car if you spin it the whole thing is going up and down by around 1mm.... And it leaks like crazy..... Yes, I had makes sure the 4 screws which hold the casing together is tighten evenly and the small gap between the casing is nice and even. Anyone have the same issue?
Yes, I have the exact same issue with the diff that came with the kit. :-(
Strats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:35 PM   #650
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 35
Default Info

guys why the s411 has the 2.5mm frame? how about this frame?
biagio23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:25 PM   #651
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,498
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biagio23 View Post
guys why the s411 has the 2.5mm frame? how about this frame?
confused on your question..sorry
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:56 PM   #652
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strats View Post
Yes, I have the exact same issue with the diff that came with the kit. :-(
oh boy.... Anyone try the new xray gear diff in the 411 yet? I think it will fit and it is only 16g..... Waiting for my friend to show up at the track as he got it and will let me test fit it.
__________________
http://www.gpm-parts.com
gpm-parts.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:03 PM   #653
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,498
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpm-parts.com View Post
oh boy.... Anyone try the new xray gear diff in the 411 yet? I think it will fit and it is only 16g..... Waiting for my friend to show up at the track as he got it and will let me test fit it.
I have tried..yes the NT1 or the new xray T3 will works...you have to added some shims to take the play out..and you must use the Xray universal dogbone c/t Serpent axles ...
or get the 12X5mm bearing ,if you want to use 100% xray drive axles..
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:09 PM   #654
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 331
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

why use xray gear diff?
fastbynature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:14 PM   #655
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbynature View Post
why use xray gear diff?
cause it is only 16g and smooth as silk. Thanks for the quick reply guys. Another parts to order then.
__________________
http://www.gpm-parts.com
gpm-parts.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:20 PM   #656
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,498
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbynature View Post
why use xray gear diff?
Only one reason why I did ..when I first got the kit.I was missing parts for my serpent gear diff..I wanted to run my serpent the followering weekend saturday.and I could not get any parts for my car back then until now.
I must say the serpent gear Diff is awesome...
I thanks to Scott K.
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:23 PM   #657
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,498
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpm-parts.com View Post
cause it is only 16g and smooth as silk. Thanks for the quick reply guys. Another parts to order then.
get the 50mm fit just right
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:48 AM   #658
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 443
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
I have tried..yes the NT1 or the new xray T3 will works...you have to added some shims to take the play out..and you must use the Xray universal dogbone c/t Serpent axles ...
or get the 12X5mm bearing ,if you want to use 100% xray drive axles..
What shims do you have to use? (Part number?) Also, are the serpent and Xray dog bones the same length?
__________________
Sanwa M12S---Awesomatix A800 ---Motiv---Defy---Orca
kobiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:56 AM   #659
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

ive had an Xray for a little while, and in no way will i be putting anything Xray on my serpent. infact, apart from a battery retainer and blades, i will not put any other brand of parts on my car. i baught a serpent to get away from Xray. and that way it will stay.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:36 AM   #660
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: VA Beach
Posts: 3,458
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
ive had an Xray for a little while, and in no way will i be putting anything Xray on my serpent. infact, apart from a battery retainer and blades, i will not put any other brand of parts on my car. i baught a serpent to get away from Xray. and that way it will stay.
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Batu Kawan Rc Track Tongga Malaysian R/C Racers 10418 06-28-2016 11:34 PM
DRCW Raceway Chesapeake, VA // Asphalt / Indoor Off Road / Outdoor Off Road stiltskin Racing Forum 10278 11-14-2014 07:39 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:49 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0