R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-17-2014, 07:53 PM   #6526
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've got the 411 TE.. Can I install the V3 motor mount or do I have to buy the V2 one to get the extra alumn piece?

I'm running 17.5 on a really large track and am trying to figure out a better way to adjust my gear mesh with the large pinion gears as I can't do it very well with the current motor mount.
D.a.v.e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:37 PM   #6527
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiago890 View Post
Does any one know if the arms, c hubs, steering blocks and rear uprights from the eryx will fit on the new 3.0.
Thanks
They will. Just the 3.0 comes with all hard plastics
Old 05-17-2014, 10:39 PM   #6528
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosko View Post
Anyone try the 4 hole pistons, if whats the difference n feel compared to the 3 hole pistons
That will depend on what CST oil you run. I would assume the 4 hole would feel softer if using the same CST as you would in a 3 hole. Cody runs the 4 hole pistons a lot if I remember. Hopefully he will chime in.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:45 PM   #6529
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.a.v.e View Post
I've got the 411 TE.. Can I install the V3 motor mount or do I have to buy the V2 one to get the extra alumn piece?

I'm running 17.5 on a really large track and am trying to figure out a better way to adjust my gear mesh with the large pinion gears as I can't do it very well with the current motor mount.
Not sure what extra piece you are talking about. Currently I am running the V3 mount, but in order to be able to use center top deck screw I cut the leg off the original mount.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:42 AM   #6530
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
Not sure what extra piece you are talking about. Currently I am running the V3 mount, but in order to be able to use center top deck screw I cut the leg off the original mount.
The extra part can be seen here: http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...no-Motor-Mount

Glad to know that it can be modified to work, I just ordered it. Looking forward to getting my 58 tooth pinion gear on it

Where do you race in the Detroit area?
Old 05-18-2014, 10:14 AM   #6531
Tech Regular

Really no place around Detroit to race. Toledo has an indoor track, but usually I go to the gate in Cleveland.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:40 AM   #6532
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
That will depend on what CST oil you run. I would assume the 4 hole would feel softer if using the same CST as you would in a 3 hole. Cody runs the 4 hole pistons a lot if I remember. Hopefully he will chime in.
I've been running 4hole pistons, 400-500cst oil, and RSD blue/black/white springs. I've tried 3hole, every other cst imaginable, and Yokomo springs. I was always fastest with the first mentioned. I plan to try XRAY 2.5s all around as they are a pretty good spring in stock.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:30 AM   #6533
Tech Regular

Quote:
Really no place around Detroit to race. Toledo has an indoor track, but usually I go to the gate in Cleveland.
You should consider joining us at the outdoor track in Toledo. PM me if your interested in the info.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:03 AM   #6534
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoods34 View Post
I've been running 4hole pistons, 400-500cst oil, and RSD blue/black/white springs. I've tried 3hole, every other cst imaginable, and Yokomo springs. I was always fastest with the first mentioned. I plan to try XRAY 2.5s all around as they are a pretty good spring in stock.
I run 6 hole pistons with 45wt front, 42.5wt rear (Associated oil) and have been happy with the combo.

This is first gen full size shocks on an LE though.

"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
orcadigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:45 AM   #6535
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

http://www.serpent.com/news/13756/Ne...S-planned.html
Serpent Viper 977e, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent 411 4.0 Eryx, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:10 PM   #6536
Tech Regular

Quote:
You should consider joining us at the outdoor track in Toledo. PM me if your interested in the info.
I have been there. Really not into asphalt racing. Don't want to depend on weather, especially living in this area.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:51 PM   #6537
Tech Adept

I have a couple 411 ERYX I no longer have need for. One with a killshot 17.5T, Orion R10 Pro 2-3S version, kopropo servo, futaba Rx. Second one has same setup but and Orion 13.5T VST2 Pro. Plenty of spares etc.. as well. What can I get for these if I sell them? Both in good shape. Chassis are pretty well scratched up on bottom from running asphalt otherwise fine. I have been indulging my flying habit much more lately. The outdoor track were supposed to have around here fell out so I don't have anywhere to race that is close by.
SERPENT S-411 2.0 Team Orion Vortex-R Pro and VST Pro 13.5T
SERPENT S-411 2.0 Team Orion Vortex-R Pro and REVTECH Killshot 17.5T
Bhodi11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:44 PM   #6538
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodi11 View Post
I have a couple 411 ERYX I no longer have need for. One with a killshot 17.5T, Orion R10 Pro 2-3S version, kopropo servo, futaba Rx. Second one has same setup but and Orion 13.5T VST2 Pro. Plenty of spares etc.. as well. What can I get for these if I sell them? Both in good shape. Chassis are pretty well scratched up on bottom from running asphalt otherwise fine. I have been indulging my flying habit much more lately. The outdoor track were supposed to have around here fell out so I don't have anywhere to race that is close by.
I would guess you would get around $350 each, I'm sure you would do better parting them out and selling as rollers.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:47 PM   #6539
Tech Adept

Quote:
I would guess you would get around $350 each, I'm sure you would do better parting them out and selling as rollers.
Thanks, I will give that a shot
SERPENT S-411 2.0 Team Orion Vortex-R Pro and VST Pro 13.5T
SERPENT S-411 2.0 Team Orion Vortex-R Pro and REVTECH Killshot 17.5T
Bhodi11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 03:25 PM   #6540
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Reactive rear steer

So I did some testing on my version of re-active rear steer. My build was not a straight replacement of front arm assembly to the rear for the following reasons.

Going to the front arm in the rear makes the shock angle placement quite a bit different and leaning the shock in is really reduced, that with either the new or old style front arms. For this reason I modified a set of rear arms to accept the c-hubs and steering blocks.

I used the stock Serpent 4* c-hubs, and wondered if this would really effect the final setup opposed to finding some 0* hubs, but the more I played with the setup the more I got to think that for the minimal amount of turning sweep that the rear steer would produce the castor would have a very small if any effect on the car.

I started with a static rear toe setting of 2.5* toe in with a camber setting of -3 and on bump steer the final toe came in at 4*.

On track the car really had no adverse handling effects, although my lap times where off from previous test sessions without the rear steer. Until I realized the car actually preffered to be driven quite a bit harder into the corner and in doing so actually rotated the car better thru the entire corner and felt better on the corner off. (All the testing done on tight carpet track). Some observers thought the car looked loose but it really didn't feel loose to me and lap times show promise of a average faster consistent lap count.

I will do some additional changes to see what that brings, but if you have the spare parts give it a try.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote