R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-07-2014, 11:14 PM   #6361
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazmo View Post
Ok cool.
Are the clear o rings specific to the S411 ... option parts?
If you have part no that would be cool
Part no is 160110 for the Serpent clear o-rings.

I have a mixed experience of the original clear o-rings. There seems to be a bigger tolerance expectations in the production than it is "healthy" for the function....

There is limited leakage with the clear o-rings but the movement of the piston is compromised. Last time I used them I needed to go through 30 o-rings to get a good full set of dampers.

I now use the ARC 104002, good movement but the downside is the leakage/air. I do rebuild after 6 ot 10 runs.
Linguster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:27 AM   #6362
Tech Elite
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,292
Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazmo View Post
Ok cool.
Are the clear o rings specific to the S411 ... option parts?
If you have part no that would be cool
I just ran a 6 hour enduro with my car last weekend and everything went the full 6 hours just fine. I bought two bags of the o rings but had no issues finding similar performance o rings. They come in a pack of eight I believe. Try them out instead of the kit black o rings.

Steve
__________________
Team ORCA / ORCA USA / Pro Spec
Serpent America / Team Serpent S411 ERYX / On Point Racing OP12C, S120 / Xceed Products
Hangar 30 / Seattle RC Racers
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:51 AM   #6363
Tech Addict
 
mazmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 738
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
I just ran a 6 hour enduro with my car last weekend and everything went the full 6 hours just fine. I bought two bags of the o rings but had no issues finding similar performance o rings. They come in a pack of eight I believe. Try them out instead of the kit black o rings.

Steve
Cool are performance o rings Serpent?
__________________
Team TOP Australia www.topracing.net.au

TOP Photon EX 17.5 + TOP Photon EX 21.5 + TOP Rebel F1 21.5

ORCA | Tekin RS Pro | Tekin Gen 2 RPM | Ko Pro-Po | EPIC Trinity
mazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:15 PM   #6364
Tech Elite
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,292
Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default

The part number that Linguster gave is correct. They do come 8 in a bag. They are optional o rings for serpent cars but not exclusive to the eryx, I'm sure they fit all the on road cars shocks. I found they worked well for me and were not too loose or too tight. They provided a good seal on my shocks. In fact it was better than all the other seals that I had from previous cars that I tried. I did buy the delrin bottom inserts that you put into the bottom aluminum shock caps.

After the enduro that I ran, 3 of the 4 shocks were still nice and did not leak or suck in air. One shock did, but I noticed that one needed some work before the enduro even started to be perfect but I ran out of time to fix it. We finished 2nd with no breakages or issues except the motor was extremely slow for some reason.

Steve
__________________
Team ORCA / ORCA USA / Pro Spec
Serpent America / Team Serpent S411 ERYX / On Point Racing OP12C, S120 / Xceed Products
Hangar 30 / Seattle RC Racers
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:44 PM   #6365
Tech Master
 
Benzaah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,966
Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default

I have not driven my tourer since November at the nationals but My shocks are still perfect from that event using the 110160 orings and the delrin guides. i would recommend anyone upgrade these shims as they make for butter smooth shocks. If you want to splash some extra coin the titanium shafts are even more butter. This car is super durable and has a large tuning window. The main options needed are the 1.5/0.5 split blocks and the DCJ shafts for the front.

Mazmo, hit up walter rc in Sydney for your parts. They have everything and ship fast at reasonable rates.
__________________
AERCCC - ARCR - RRCSA

Adelaide RC

Walter Rc Hobby
Benzaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:50 PM   #6366
Tech Master
 
Benzaah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,966
Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
I did not have to use green slime either.
I have never had any luck with green slime and serpent orings. With all their kits the original black orings are rubbish. The clear ones are much better. IMO You are much better off soaking the orings in a light weight oil for a few hours then build. I am using the 110160 orings in my buggy and they are just as nice as the much loved Kyosho X-rings I paid $10 for.
__________________
AERCCC - ARCR - RRCSA

Adelaide RC

Walter Rc Hobby
Benzaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:28 AM   #6367
Tech Addict
 
mazmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 738
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
The part number that Linguster gave is correct. They do come 8 in a bag. They are optional o rings for serpent cars but not exclusive to the eryx, I'm sure they fit all the on road cars shocks. I found they worked well for me and were not too loose or too tight. They provided a good seal on my shocks. In fact it was better than all the other seals that I had from previous cars that I tried. I did buy the delrin bottom inserts that you put into the bottom aluminum shock caps.

After the enduro that I ran, 3 of the 4 shocks were still nice and did not leak or suck in air. One shock did, but I noticed that one needed some work before the enduro even started to be perfect but I ran out of time to fix it. We finished 2nd with no breakages or issues except the motor was extremely slow for some reason.

Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaah View Post
I have not driven my tourer since November at the nationals but My shocks are still perfect from that event using the 110160 orings and the delrin guides. i would recommend anyone upgrade these shims as they make for butter smooth shocks. If you want to splash some extra coin the titanium shafts are even more butter. This car is super durable and has a large tuning window. The main options needed are the 1.5/0.5 split blocks and the DCJ shafts for the front.

Mazmo, hit up walter rc in Sydney for your parts. They have everything and ship fast at reasonable rates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaah View Post
I have never had any luck with green slime and serpent orings. With all their kits the original black orings are rubbish. The clear ones are much better. IMO You are much better off soaking the orings in a light weight oil for a few hours then build. I am using the 110160 orings in my buggy and they are just as nice as the much loved Kyosho X-rings I paid $10 for.
Awesome advice guys .. cheers 160110 seem the go then. Tempted to try the x shaped oring as well (standard in earlier kits).

Yep already visiting Walter on regular basis
__________________
Team TOP Australia www.topracing.net.au

TOP Photon EX 17.5 + TOP Photon EX 21.5 + TOP Rebel F1 21.5

ORCA | Tekin RS Pro | Tekin Gen 2 RPM | Ko Pro-Po | EPIC Trinity
mazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 02:38 PM   #6368
Tech Elite
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,292
Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazmo View Post
Awesome advice guys .. cheers 160110 seem the go then. Tempted to try the x shaped oring as well (standard in earlier kits).

Yep already visiting Walter on regular basis
I had some blue in color x rings, maybe Tamiya, not really sure but they did not work for me in the serpent shock. I also tried some yellow o rings from a Japanese aftermarket company that I had, super nice but they didn't work well either. They serpent clear is the best that I found.

My serpent gear diff is the same too. All serpent parts, no green slime, no anything. No leaking at all. This is the V3 diff btw.

Steve
__________________
Team ORCA / ORCA USA / Pro Spec
Serpent America / Team Serpent S411 ERYX / On Point Racing OP12C, S120 / Xceed Products
Hangar 30 / Seattle RC Racers
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:22 PM   #6369
Tech Addict
 
mazmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 738
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
I had some blue in color x rings, maybe Tamiya, not really sure but they did not work for me in the serpent shock. I also tried some yellow o rings from a Japanese aftermarket company that I had, super nice but they didn't work well either. They serpent clear is the best that I found.

My serpent gear diff is the same too. All serpent parts, no green slime, no anything. No leaking at all. This is the V3 diff btw.

Steve
Thanks mate .. will save me some reseach and development time.
Picking up the Serpent clear orings tomorrow delrin shock guides too

Re: toe blocks .. tried 1.0 deg front / front with kit 1.0 deg front / rear split blocks (so no inborad front toe).

Seemed to give more initial turn in. Also agressive on power mid corner steering .. so much so it sometimes became loose on power.
Guessing resultant narrower front track width may havee contributed?

Any thoughts re: front toe block set up (am using kit toe blocks in rear)

Benzaah - I see you are using 1.5/0.5 split blocks up front.
So 1.5 front / front & 0.5 front / rear?
How did this change the car for you?
__________________
Team TOP Australia www.topracing.net.au

TOP Photon EX 17.5 + TOP Photon EX 21.5 + TOP Rebel F1 21.5

ORCA | Tekin RS Pro | Tekin Gen 2 RPM | Ko Pro-Po | EPIC Trinity

Last edited by mazmo; 03-09-2014 at 08:09 PM.
mazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:44 PM   #6370
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,131
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
I had some blue in color x rings, maybe Tamiya, not really sure but they did not work for me in the serpent shock. I also tried some yellow o rings from a Japanese aftermarket company that I had, super nice but they didn't work well either. They serpent clear is the best that I found.

My serpent gear diff is the same too. All serpent parts, no green slime, no anything. No leaking at all. This is the V3 diff btw.

Steve
I've never had a leaking stock or diff on my ERYX. All stock kit parts and I've done several big multiple day races with my car and the shocks have stayed air free and sealed! Strange how it seems to differ kit to kit?
__________________
Serpent Viper 977e, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent 411 4.0 Eryx, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:47 PM   #6371
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,287
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Shock build

I have a pretty good shock build using Traxxas x o-rings, yokomo shims and Tamiya bladders. I will try to get some pics and part numbers for you guys. The nice thing about this setup is the o-rings don't swell, and the leakage and tension can be controlled with the shims. Makes a real nice tunable shock when its all together.
__________________
Gary Lanzer
Team VBC HK
Team R1WURKS
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:52 PM   #6372
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
I have a pretty good shock build using Traxxas x o-rings, yokomo shims and Tamiya bladders. I will try to get some pics and part numbers for you guys. The nice thing about this setup is the o-rings don't swell, and the leakage and tension can be controlled with the shims. Makes a real nice tunable shock when its all together.
Thanks Gary, You always find a way to improve a already good solution
Linguster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:53 PM   #6373
Tech Elite
 
dawgmeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,385
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Just picked up a fine tune body mounts and for the life of me I can't insert the orings into the thread body. Ant ideas thanks in advance
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:03 AM   #6374
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgmeat View Post
Just picked up a fine tune body mounts and for the life of me I can't insert the orings into the thread body. Ant ideas thanks in advance
You need to be patient... I think I used a tweezer to get one side of the O-ring in the small "guide ring" in the tread body and slowly go from there. First one was the hardest.
Linguster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:56 AM   #6375
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,131
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgmeat View Post
Just picked up a fine tune body mounts and for the life of me I can't insert the orings into the thread body. Ant ideas thanks in advance
Perseverance is the key! I used a little bit of silicone grease on them which seemed to help a little bit. To be honest with you I ended up taking them off the car in the end. I couldn't get the body low enough with them on!
__________________
Serpent Viper 977e, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent 411 4.0 Eryx, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Batu Kawan Rc Track Tongga Malaysian R/C Racers 10418 06-28-2016 11:34 PM
DRCW Raceway Chesapeake, VA // Asphalt / Indoor Off Road / Outdoor Off Road stiltskin Racing Forum 10278 11-14-2014 07:39 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:51 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0