Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snuvet75
Our track time is 18 seconds average per lap with long straight away for 17.5T TC. Gotta have top speed.
I run 3-4 classes including nitro LOL. Impossible to keep up. I should stop doing that. None of the cars I have feel like they are being taken care of properly at the track.
I'd love for a bigger track like that! I have avoided nitro, other then pitting for a friends nitro buggy when we go offroading. Between TC, WGT, and 12th I have my hands full.

Just a small peek at my problem... 3 811's, an S120L, an S120LT, an S100, 2 S411 LE's, and an SRX2, and some associated "other" brands that Serpent does not make cars for yet hehe.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent S411-dsc_4977.jpg  
Old 02-07-2014, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by orcadigital
I'd love for a bigger track like that! I have avoided nitro, other then pitting for a friends nitro buggy when we go offroading. Between TC, WGT, and 12th I have my hands full.

Just a small peek at my problem... 3 811's, an S120L, an S120LT, an S100, 2 S411 LE's, and an SRX2, and some associated "other" brands that Serpent does not make cars for yet hehe.
Dude, your room's sick!! Very neatly kept! I should get one of those wall panel.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by orcadigital

Is that a 1/8 scale Serpent F1 hanging vertical on the right edge of the peg board?
Old 02-07-2014, 03:08 PM
Tech Adept

I have 1 camber, and on the differential if I am not wrong 250wt
Old 02-08-2014, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi just picked up a 411TE and am wondering what a good starting setup is for carpet? Seems there are a lot of options on the serpent site so was not sure which might be considered an all around good starting point?
Old 02-08-2014, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by D.a.v.e
Hi just picked up a 411TE and am wondering what a good starting setup is for carpet? Seems there are a lot of options on the serpent site so was not sure which might be considered an all around good starting point?
Start with default setup. Make the car stable first. No loose rear, No pushing, no traction roll,etc. Then make small adjustment.
If the traction is really high, focus on traction roll. If loose, on stability on rear. Good luck.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I just upgraded my original s411 motor mount to the V3 version and I just realized that it didn't come with the smaller side mount attachment, is there anyway to purchase this without buying the V2 motor mount, thanks in advance
Old 02-10-2014, 09:46 AM
Tech Adept

I bought the Martin Workbench setup app, it is very nice, and it is very helpful to understand several concepts.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Byronf1
I bought the Martin Workbench setup app, it is very nice, and it is very helpful to understand several concepts.
I have the same app on my iPhone and use it all the time. It's been a great help trackside!
Old 02-10-2014, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Welcome to Serpent. Along with the Serpent site setup listings, another good source for setups is PetitRC. Best thing would be to try to find a listing that you think replicates the surface you'll be racing on and start there. The stock setup for the TE is a pretty good starting point though. If you run into issues feel free to come and ask here as there are many willing to help you out.

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
I just upgraded my original s411 motor mount to the V3 version and I just realized that it didn't come with the smaller side mount attachment, is there anyway to purchase this without buying the V2 motor mount, thanks in advance
I only see the V1 upright listed as a seperate piece (401367). The V3 (401451) specifically shows that it comes with both pieces. If this was a shorted item could you not go back to whomever you purchased this from and inform them of the missing piece? Either that or a direct contact with Serpent may be able to help you out.

Originally Posted by Byronf1
Its a very handy setup resource along with the Xray setup book will pretty much answer most if not all your setup questions.

Round 6 of the WCIC series and Serpent had a pretty good weekend, a TQ and wins in TC Stock, Mod and VTA. 3 drivers, 6 cars.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have had that setup workbench on my phone for a least 2 years and still use it to this day. love it.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Round 6 of the WCIC series and Serpent had a pretty good weekend, a TQ and wins in TC Stock, Mod and VTA. 3 drivers, 6 cars.
Fischer did well at the Snowbirds too. Are they doing this well with new Serpent parts? Or other manufacture parts?

I've had to put on ARC hard arms to stiffen the car up for TITC next week. The Serpent hard arms are just too soft for the huge asphalt tracks we run on over here in Asia.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xevias
Fischer did well at the Snowbirds too. Are they doing this well with new Serpent parts? Or other manufacture parts?

I've had to put on ARC hard arms to stiffen the car up for TITC next week. The Serpent hard arms are just too soft for the huge asphalt tracks we run on over here in Asia.
I'll be seeing you at TITC as well. Did you not find the Serpent hard arms hard enough?? They seem pretty hard to me and I've been running them a while now.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xevias

As far as I have heard, Marc alternated between a aluminum chassis and the 2.0 hard chassis, but felt that the 2.0 may have been the better choice. Paul C had a prototype carbon chassis, cut differently, but he ended up with a 2.0 chassis as well. Thought there was some new hard arms but heard nothing about performance. I know Steve, here in WCIC sometimes runs the Med arms, and he is very fast with them. There are a couple guys running the ARC DCJ in their cars which work pretty well. I am testing the same prototype chassis as Paul had for the Birds, and it works well, but not sure if its any better than the 2.0 hard chassis. Everything else on the cars has been stock, over the counter Serpent parts, nothing special. If there have been changes they are more than likely just personal options like ball links or wheel hexes or spacers. As a matter of fact, some of the guys are still running the TE car over the Eryx and its doing quite well too. So all, in all, no magic parts............not saying that David and Marc aren't working on future items though.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone

I only see the V1 upright listed as a seperate piece (401367). The V3 (401451) specifically shows that it comes with both pieces. If this was a shorted item could you not go back to whomever you purchased this from and inform them of the missing piece? Either that or a direct contact with Serpent may be able to help you out.

I got mine from Desoto a bit back and only the motor side was in it.
http://www.serpentamerica.com/shop/p...1&cat=0&page=1

Even Serpents site shows it alone
http://www.serpent.com/product/401451

You know somewhere showing the pair?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.