R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-07-2014, 02:05 PM   #6286
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuvet75 View Post
Our track time is 18 seconds average per lap with long straight away for 17.5T TC. Gotta have top speed.
I run 3-4 classes including nitro LOL. Impossible to keep up. I should stop doing that. None of the cars I have feel like they are being taken care of properly at the track.
I'd love for a bigger track like that! I have avoided nitro, other then pitting for a friends nitro buggy when we go offroading. Between TC, WGT, and 12th I have my hands full.

Just a small peek at my problem... 3 811's, an S120L, an S120LT, an S100, 2 S411 LE's, and an SRX2, and some associated "other" brands that Serpent does not make cars for yet hehe.
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent S411-dsc_4977.jpg  

"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
orcadigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:42 PM   #6287
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcadigital View Post
I'd love for a bigger track like that! I have avoided nitro, other then pitting for a friends nitro buggy when we go offroading. Between TC, WGT, and 12th I have my hands full.

Just a small peek at my problem... 3 811's, an S120L, an S120LT, an S100, 2 S411 LE's, and an SRX2, and some associated "other" brands that Serpent does not make cars for yet hehe.
Dude, your room's sick!! Very neatly kept! I should get one of those wall panel.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:59 PM   #6288
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcadigital View Post

Is that a 1/8 scale Serpent F1 hanging vertical on the right edge of the peg board?
Old 02-07-2014, 04:08 PM   #6289
Tech Apprentice

I have 1 camber, and on the differential if I am not wrong 250wt
Old 02-08-2014, 10:07 AM   #6290
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi just picked up a 411TE and am wondering what a good starting setup is for carpet? Seems there are a lot of options on the serpent site so was not sure which might be considered an all around good starting point?
D.a.v.e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:16 PM   #6291
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.a.v.e View Post
Hi just picked up a 411TE and am wondering what a good starting setup is for carpet? Seems there are a lot of options on the serpent site so was not sure which might be considered an all around good starting point?
Start with default setup. Make the car stable first. No loose rear, No pushing, no traction roll,etc. Then make small adjustment.
If the traction is really high, focus on traction roll. If loose, on stability on rear. Good luck.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:03 PM   #6292
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just upgraded my original s411 motor mount to the V3 version and I just realized that it didn't come with the smaller side mount attachment, is there anyway to purchase this without buying the V2 motor mount, thanks in advance
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:46 AM   #6293
Tech Apprentice

I bought the Martin Workbench setup app, it is very nice, and it is very helpful to understand several concepts.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:44 PM   #6294
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byronf1 View Post
I bought the Martin Workbench setup app, it is very nice, and it is very helpful to understand several concepts.
I have the same app on my iPhone and use it all the time. It's been a great help trackside!
Serpent Viper 977e, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent 411 4.0 Eryx, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:41 PM   #6295
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Welcome to Serpent. Along with the Serpent site setup listings, another good source for setups is PetitRC. Best thing would be to try to find a listing that you think replicates the surface you'll be racing on and start there. The stock setup for the TE is a pretty good starting point though. If you run into issues feel free to come and ask here as there are many willing to help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgmeat View Post
I just upgraded my original s411 motor mount to the V3 version and I just realized that it didn't come with the smaller side mount attachment, is there anyway to purchase this without buying the V2 motor mount, thanks in advance
I only see the V1 upright listed as a seperate piece (401367). The V3 (401451) specifically shows that it comes with both pieces. If this was a shorted item could you not go back to whomever you purchased this from and inform them of the missing piece? Either that or a direct contact with Serpent may be able to help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byronf1 View Post
Its a very handy setup resource along with the Xray setup book will pretty much answer most if not all your setup questions.

Round 6 of the WCIC series and Serpent had a pretty good weekend, a TQ and wins in TC Stock, Mod and VTA. 3 drivers, 6 cars.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:16 PM   #6296
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to gearhead_22

Quote:
I have had that setup workbench on my phone for a least 2 years and still use it to this day. love it.
Juwan Hunter http://rccarworld.com/............ serpent.com
Track director at RCCW.
gearhead_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:44 PM   #6297
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Round 6 of the WCIC series and Serpent had a pretty good weekend, a TQ and wins in TC Stock, Mod and VTA. 3 drivers, 6 cars.
Fischer did well at the Snowbirds too. Are they doing this well with new Serpent parts? Or other manufacture parts?

I've had to put on ARC hard arms to stiffen the car up for TITC next week. The Serpent hard arms are just too soft for the huge asphalt tracks we run on over here in Asia.
xevias is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:48 PM   #6298
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xevias View Post
Fischer did well at the Snowbirds too. Are they doing this well with new Serpent parts? Or other manufacture parts?

I've had to put on ARC hard arms to stiffen the car up for TITC next week. The Serpent hard arms are just too soft for the huge asphalt tracks we run on over here in Asia.
I'll be seeing you at TITC as well. Did you not find the Serpent hard arms hard enough?? They seem pretty hard to me and I've been running them a while now.
Serpent Viper 977e, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent 411 4.0 Eryx, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:22 AM   #6299
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xevias View Post

As far as I have heard, Marc alternated between a aluminum chassis and the 2.0 hard chassis, but felt that the 2.0 may have been the better choice. Paul C had a prototype carbon chassis, cut differently, but he ended up with a 2.0 chassis as well. Thought there was some new hard arms but heard nothing about performance. I know Steve, here in WCIC sometimes runs the Med arms, and he is very fast with them. There are a couple guys running the ARC DCJ in their cars which work pretty well. I am testing the same prototype chassis as Paul had for the Birds, and it works well, but not sure if its any better than the 2.0 hard chassis. Everything else on the cars has been stock, over the counter Serpent parts, nothing special. If there have been changes they are more than likely just personal options like ball links or wheel hexes or spacers. As a matter of fact, some of the guys are still running the TE car over the Eryx and its doing quite well too. So all, in all, no magic parts............not saying that David and Marc aren't working on future items though.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:54 AM   #6300
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post

I only see the V1 upright listed as a seperate piece (401367). The V3 (401451) specifically shows that it comes with both pieces. If this was a shorted item could you not go back to whomever you purchased this from and inform them of the missing piece? Either that or a direct contact with Serpent may be able to help you out.

I got mine from Desoto a bit back and only the motor side was in it.
http://www.serpentamerica.com/shop/p...1&cat=0&page=1

Even Serpents site shows it alone
http://www.serpent.com/product/401451

You know somewhere showing the pair?
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote