Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Old 11-08-2013, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xevias
Hey Dan,

I'll be there running open brushless too.

My plan was to bring the same set up as the AOC race from this month's Yatabe Arena on carpet. Then tune from there.

We should meet up and exchange ideas as the practice sessions for TITC are very short.
Hi. Yeah for sure. A much needed brain storming session! I arrive in Bangkok on 18th Feb. Was kind of hoping the track would be open for free practice on the 19th but maybe not! We will see. Looking forward to meeting you!
Old 11-08-2013, 02:11 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys, does anyone know if serpent will be releasing a sport version based on the eryx platform?

Thanks, Andrew
Old 11-09-2013, 03:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Not from RSD, but same idea. These are made from old left over Xray standoffs and left over pieces of graphite, they seem to work ok.
I just made some of my own based off of Johnny's idea.. I think they turned out pretty good. Looking forward to trying it out and see out it works.

Nick K

Last edited by Phoenix82; 11-09-2013 at 03:15 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-11-2013, 06:50 AM
Tech Initiate

I'm new to electric and I'm currently running a 14t neon orion motor on my serpent s411 but i would like something faster what would you guys recommend and what turn or kv.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Tshabalala
I'm new to electric and I'm currently running a 14t neon orion motor on my serpent s411 but i would like something faster what would you guys recommend and what turn or kv.
How hot does your motor get. You could probably add 2 or 3 tooth of pinions to go faster with the same motor if it's not getting above 50c. Otherwise you'll be able to run a motor such as a 10.5 and get more speed. Being a sensor less system, that is going to hold you back more than anything.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default "New" Eryx kit

I needed some new grubb scews for the bottom mounting of the shock in the arm. They were all out, somehow i ended up with a new Eryx kit instead

My Eryx that I am running today is pretty early I think. I pre ordered it from HK when they were released there.

Only difference I noticed looking in the bags sofare is the upper bulkheads has the three hole positioning. This has been an option part sofare.

Does anyone know if there has been any more "running" changes on the kit.

Björn
Old 11-12-2013, 11:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Linguster
I needed some new grubb scews for the bottom mounting of the shock in the arm. They were all out, somehow i ended up with a new Eryx kit instead

My Eryx that I am running today is pretty early I think. I pre ordered it from HK when they were released there.

Only difference I noticed looking in the bags sofare is the upper bulkheads has the three hole positioning. This has been an option part sofare.

Does anyone know if there has been any more "running" changes on the kit.

Björn
If you got the new shock mounts with the three link positions, check to see if you have the version three motor mount.

Do the shock tower mounts allow the gear diff and the spool to be raised and lowered like originally planned. Maybe you can post a picture.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 11-13-2013, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
If you got the new shock mounts with the three link positions, check to see if you have the version three motor mount.

Do the shock tower mounts allow the gear diff and the spool to be raised and lowered like originally planned. Maybe you can post a picture.

Thanks,
Steve

Pretty sure if they are the three hole units they will have the diff up/dn capability. I know the ones I received have this capability.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by corallyman

Thanks,
Steve

Hello Steve

I took a quick look, still all parts in the plastic bags. It is like Gary says and you suspected. But the motor mount seems to be the regular mono one.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Hey fellas I am looking at a pre owned s411 and I was wondering if some of the suspension parts from the newer kit will swap over to the original s411? Thanks
Old 11-16-2013, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rdog
Hey fellas I am looking at a pre owned s411 and I was wondering if some of the suspension parts from the newer kit will swap over to the original s411? Thanks
Rdog,

All the suspension parts pretty much cross over from any of the S411, S411LE, S411TE, or the latest car S411 ERYX which is sometimes called :the S411 2.0.

The latest car has short shocks and towers, and also has split blocks for the rear mount of the arms for the front of the car and also split blocks for the forward rear arm mounts in the back of the car.

Serpent has some optional parts that have been released that fit on the cars for differing conditions. Most of these parts with fit the different versions in most cases.

Steve
Old 11-17-2013, 08:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Nordic touring mod championship

Finished in first place was Aleander Hagberg, in a respectable 4th place was Micke Nilsson best nordic Serpent driver. I qualified first in C-final and finished first, so I had a good weekend to. But there is still long way to the big guns
Old 11-17-2013, 07:40 PM
Tech Addict

Right on Bjorn. Getting better is an on going batter unless your Johnny

Nick K
Old 11-20-2013, 11:08 AM
Tech Adept

I am looking for a bit of advice, I ran my mates eryx for the first time the other night and i was getting into the grove by the end of the night but I can't get over how much steering the car has. I put the car on my setup station and I was getting 31 deg of lock steering throw which I guess is to much. My question is how much steering throw is everyone running on this car or should I reduce it to say 25 deg.

PS after a few changes this car was glued to the carpet it put a big smile Mon my face, top car and may be on the Xmas list
Old 11-20-2013, 11:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

I set my endpoints to reach full lock, and then typically run my dual rate at around 85% depending on track layout.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.