Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Old 07-24-2013, 01:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Jeronemo
I saw a lot of pics at the ETS of guys using some sort of cover over their fan
directing the air onto the motor. I added a pic of Marc Fisher's car as an example.
Anybody know where to get these items and is it a loose unit that you mount your fan into or is it supplied as a fan and cover ?
The fan and cover are two seperate pieces. you make the cover by yourself, most guys make it from lexan (old body or some rest overs from an body). Once you found a piece of lexan, you vowe it so it covers two sides of the fan (as seen on marc fishers car), after this you cut an half circle out of the side so it closes of your motor. you can attache it to the fan by using double sided tape wich would be the safest I think.
So here you have you'e covered cooling fan

Last edited by nathan c.; 07-24-2013 at 03:36 AM.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jimjav
I have a question, I am looking for some springs of the same lenght of serpent's but in different rate. I am looking for one between grey and yellow, maybe arround 275gf/mm or 15.4lb7in

Regards

Hi.

You can use one of these:

Tamiya blue = 272 gf/mm - 27 mm
Ride MR33 green = 272 gf/mm - 25 mm
HPI blue = 273 gf/mm - 26 mm

The Tamiya spring is a bit too long, so you might get problems to get a correct low ride height. Serpents own springs are only 23 mm.

We use the Ride springs without any problems.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yep tamiya are too long, I don't like the feel with long springs like the yokomo, so I will try the ride ones, I bealive that with grey, ride green, yellow and black I have more or less all springs that I need, at least in my region.

regards
Old 07-24-2013, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jimjav
yep tamiya are too long, I don't like the feel with long springs like the yokomo, so I will try the ride ones, I bealive that with grey, ride green, yellow and black I have more or less all springs that I need, at least in my region.

regards
Yes, I didn't like the Tamiya springs either, other alternatives would be the Associated springs. I have asked Serpent to consider making us some filler springs in the gap, as well as possibly a slightly softer spring than the white
(13).
Old 07-24-2013, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

I have been using these Team RSD Springs on my Serpent Eryx S411. These springs are only 20mm long so you would have to move your shock collar down 3mm. Click here --> to see the web page for these RSD springs.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:47 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Is anyone else having issues with the top king pin working it's way out of the steering knuckle? Went through 4 on my S411 LE over the last race meet, managed to finish the races but by the end of it the wheel was floppin about all over the place!
Old 07-27-2013, 03:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Serpent now has 4 new option parts for Eryx owners:

Last edited by wwddww34; 07-27-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nexxus
Is anyone else having issues with the top king pin working it's way out of the steering knuckle? Went through 4 on my S411 LE over the last race meet, managed to finish the races but by the end of it the wheel was floppin about all over the place!
I have never had a issue with the top king pin, I have had the pivot ball loosen off, never completely but enough to create some camber change. The fix for this is to make sure that you give it a small dab of blue loctite. Not a lot though, and I prefer the blue loctite that comes in the paste instead of the liquid. Make sure that you did use the M3X12 setscrew and be careful that you don't leave too much out the top as the pivot ball is not tappped all the way thru and some have over tightened the pivot ball which in turn starts to pull the threads on the steering hub. Also make sure that the ball cup isn't overly tight on the pivot ball as the pivot ball has to rotate with the turning of the steering hub, if the ball cup is too tight it will start to work the pin and ball out the hub.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi there !

I am having some serious problems in stock class ( 13,5 blinky ) with my S411.I finished the last leg of Turkish Touring Series in 2nd position but it happened just by luck.Anyway, i nearly have no problems with handling but the thing is my car weights around 1350-1355 grams but somehow 1450 gr ( for example S411 sport ) cars can reach me on straights.I tried to use aggressive and fast bodies such as Chevy Kruze or not to put oil in bearings or loosen the belts as much as i can.Non of them solved my problem.Also, i tried to use plastic solid axle in the front to reduce rolling weight but it did not help.They are 100 grams heavier than my car but still they can catch me on the straights.My batteries are a bit old LRP 6200 but the cars which can chase me are using cheap turnigy batteries.
Please tell me what to do
Old 07-29-2013, 03:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by canduran
Hi there !

I am having some serious problems in stock class ( 13,5 blinky ) with my S411.I finished the last leg of Turkish Touring Series in 2nd position but it happened just by luck.Anyway, i nearly have no problems with handling but the thing is my car weights around 1350-1355 grams but somehow 1450 gr ( for example S411 sport ) cars can reach me on straights.I tried to use aggressive and fast bodies such as Chevy Kruze or not to put oil in bearings or loosen the belts as much as i can.Non of them solved my problem.Also, i tried to use plastic solid axle in the front to reduce rolling weight but it did not help.They are 100 grams heavier than my car but still they can catch me on the straights.My batteries are a bit old LRP 6200 but the cars which can chase me are using cheap turnigy batteries.
you are driving a max FDR right?
well the best trick i can think of is lesse toe-inn in the back, just change the blocks in the back so if you look from the side you see a 2.0 instead of a 0.0,
This can make your car a bit losse on the back, if it is to loose put 1.0 or 1.5 blocks
other things you can do is place ceramic bearrings,
These ar the tings I changed on my sones car with 17.5 blincky and it helped a lot.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Yeap whityboy, FDR is 4.0 which is the limit.I decreased rear toe-in from 3.0 to 2.0 and it helped a bit.Next time i'll try with 1.0 as you suggested. Thanks !
Old 07-29-2013, 06:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yes Serpent was onsale new product for S411
Attached Thumbnails Serpent S411-ser-401601.jpg   Serpent S411-ser-401602.jpg  
Old 07-29-2013, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Nothing wrong with turnigy batteries. I won our summer trophy race with em agains someone with top of the line everything.
Id check other things. Such as. Motor timing vs fdr, transmission bulkhead alignment and any tweak or binding.

Toe in the rear 2-3 and toe out in front, 0-0.5. Too much tow out will also slow you. Weight shouldnt be a concern with brushless. Also not sure about the cruze bidy but p37, ltc or r9 would prob have the least frontal drag at speed. A smaller wing also. I doubt anyhing about the serpent should be hilding you back. Definitely clean bearings with a drop of oil each and check for misaligned bearing carriers.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by canduran
Hi there !

The rear toe is definately something to look at as well, but you'll never be able to compensate the weight difference.

If your saying the other cars are that much heavier than yours, then your best to look at motor and electronics as well.

Who makes a Chevy Cruz body? Thanks

Last edited by Johnny Wishbone; 07-29-2013 at 09:28 AM. Reason: cant read or write monday mornings.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi !

Valk and Johnny Wishbone ;

When i switched to a fresher battery than mine just to try, then i felt the difference which might be psychological
I reduced rear toe-in from 3 to 2 and front toe-in is around 0.5. I'll try LTCR body and a smaller wing asap.
I check bearings everytime and change them even i feel a very small roughness.
Motors and ESCs are handout.Motor is Speedpassion 13.5 w/o timing and speedo is hobbywing justock.So everybody has the same amount of power.
I'll try a new set of bearings.
It's Xceed's Chevy Kruze body.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.