R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-11-2013, 05:53 AM   #5536
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elche_83 View Post
anyone know where i can get a couple of sets of .5/1.5 split blocks cheers
Walter RC Hobby has some in stock, as I order some this week...
Old 05-11-2013, 05:59 AM   #5537
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geberit View Post
Really now I'm even more confused.

The length of my shocks is as per manual, downstops 6/5 so where comes the difference from? Is it maybe the thickness of the collars?
So, I had a play around last night, with some Sorex tyres (close in Diam to the REX) and some RE36's.
With Pink Yokomo's on the front, and the spring collar all the way up (and the rear height also set correctly, as this can also affect the front height), I could get 4.8mm ride height on the Sorex, and 5.2 on the RE's.
As a slight vaguery, I measure height on a Hudy fine stepped gauge, and go on the "tap" method. Basically slide the gauge under the car, and whichever number the car stops "tapping" down onto the gauge, the height before is the ride height.
For example... if the car "taps" at 4.8mm, but doesn't at 5mm, then RH is 4.8mm.

Bare in mind as well, that was with shocks at hole 4 on the front, and 3 on the rear, and the length set at 11mm (as per the method in the Eryx Manual, bottom of body to top of ball joint). Using further in holes on the front should also help to lower the front.

HiH
Ed
Old 05-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #5538
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Timbo99 Send a message via AIM to Timbo99 Send a message via MSN to Timbo99 Send a message via Skype™ to Timbo99
Smile Direct mount??

Hey guys,I know this sounds dumb,but,does the eryx part 401589,being the direct servo mount attach to existing s411s?
I assume it would,but also is it REALLY any better?
I understand the lower CG etc,but I'd think you may be adjusting your trim all the time.......
And nooooo,I don't slam into things......well,...hard.
Thanks in advance guys!
Cheers
Tim
Serpent ERYX/S411 Le#189,#024,TE/Airtronics/MuchMore FLETA 4/Ryan Dezign-
"The finest RC paintwork in Australia"/LEESPEED/Ame T-Shox/THiNK Carbon.
"If at first you don't succeed,.....tell'em it's the "Beta" 1.0 version"
Timbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #5539
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

REALLY any better, probably not. does it change chassis flex, probably so. lower center of gravity, not that i can see. i say if you have a regular 411 just run what you got unless you want to have a new option part.
LOW ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:18 PM   #5540
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Timbo99 Send a message via AIM to Timbo99 Send a message via MSN to Timbo99 Send a message via Skype™ to Timbo99

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
REALLY any better, probably not. does it change chassis flex, probably so. lower center of gravity, not that i can see. i say if you have a regular 411 just run what you got unless you want to have a new option part.
Ok,that's what I thought,BUT.....does it fit?.....Just a bolt on no chassis upgrade req?
Cheers
Old 05-11-2013, 08:33 PM   #5541
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo99 View Post

Ok,that's what I thought,BUT.....does it fit?.....Just a bolt on no chassis upgrade req?
Cheers
Yes. Just bolt it on.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #5542
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Are the Serpent springs good to use on the 2.0? Or does anyone else make springs?
Authorized Dealer for /Agama / Tekno / Team Associated / Schelle / Hobbywing / PT Racing Shock & Diff oil / Serpent / Tekin / JConcepts / AKA / Proline / Savox / M2C / Picco / www.fiercercsolutions.com Like us on facebook www.facebook.com/FierceRCSolutions
FastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:36 PM   #5543
Tech Regular

Thanks JW!
Old 05-12-2013, 01:00 AM   #5544
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
So, I had a play around last night, with some Sorex tyres (close in Diam to the REX) and some RE36's.
With Pink Yokomo's on the front, and the spring collar all the way up (and the rear height also set correctly, as this can also affect the front height), I could get 4.8mm ride height on the Sorex, and 5.2 on the RE's.
As a slight vaguery, I measure height on a Hudy fine stepped gauge, and go on the "tap" method. Basically slide the gauge under the car, and whichever number the car stops "tapping" down onto the gauge, the height before is the ride height.
For example... if the car "taps" at 4.8mm, but doesn't at 5mm, then RH is 4.8mm.

Bare in mind as well, that was with shocks at hole 4 on the front, and 3 on the rear, and the length set at 11mm (as per the method in the Eryx Manual, bottom of body to top of ball joint). Using further in holes on the front should also help to lower the front.

HiH
Ed
I tried your tap method with REX tires, ride springs, hole 4 and get down to 5mm so basically it works.

Till now I measured ride height by raising the car and releasing it to settle itself then pushed the gauge underneath to see how far it goes. I assumed that this is the closest thing to what the car experiences during driving.

Some guys are doing like this they push the car down and allow the suspension to return then they measure but I assumed that on the track no one is pushing the car down so to me it wasn't logic. Whit this two different methods I can get two very different measurements.

Lojz

Now when I was reading my post again and thinking what happens with the car on the track there is some aerodynamic down force from the shell and also in the corners the suspension gets compressed.
Geberit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:34 AM   #5545
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastPete View Post
Are the Serpent springs good to use on the 2.0? Or does anyone else make springs?
The stock Serpent springs work pretty good with the 2.0, this car likes more of a 1 spring split compared to the TE which seemed to like the same springs front and rear. So most of the springs work although there is a bit of large gap between a couple of the ratings.

I have made a request to Serpent to try and fill the gaps a bit, and to get a spring softer than the white.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #5546
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo99 View Post
Thanks JW!
No problem. Just remember, if you run a servo saver, to check to make sure that you have clearance between the saver and the graphite plate, once assembled. Check this for the entire rotation of servo, looking for any tight spots.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #5547
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

just letting everyone know that i still have my eryx 2.0 up for sale.***FS: MUST SEE! SUPER CLEAN 3 RACE OLD SERPENT S411 ERYX 2.0 TC****
Old 05-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #5548
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailblazer04 View Post
Does anyone have a setup sheet for Vintage Trans Am that they can point me to.

Thank you
Cant see any reply to this yet. What chassis V1 or V2, what kind of track are you running eg carpet, fast or technical, and high or low traction etc. Also what motor?.

Gary Lanzer has posted a setup on http://www.petitrc.com/ for WCIC in Canada.

Our track is a 1/8th asphalt mixed/fast with medium traction (see patto setup for track description) and subsequently run 17.5 blinky. I am a newcomer to this so my setup is based on Gary's. VTA tyres don't have a lot of grip so I tend to think along the lines of a low traction setup and have higher roll centres.
andyw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #5549
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Finally got to order my new Eryx, now just have to wait to build it .... And bug mr Ed for some setup tips next inter club
Fraser Coast RC Car Club/FCRCCC :President
Yokomo - Futaba - LRP - Paint Made Special - Muchmore
thachowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:50 AM   #5550
Tech Initiate

Default Serpent ready-to-Race S411 upgrade

Hello everyone,

I possess a Serpent S411 ready-to-Race Touringcar. I want to upgrade it to near Competition level standard (S411 Eryx) in a cost effective manner. What are the few essential parts i need to procure? Thank you
Fennec is offline   Reply With Quote