R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2013, 03:19 AM   #5116
Tech Addict
 
Geberit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 744
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjav View Post
One small question, How do you prepare de cf parts? In some days i have to start preparing a new chassis and I have never done that.

cheers
http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...article&sid=16
Geberit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:19 AM   #5117
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaah View Post
Can you check your tracking as mines says my parcel has not even been collected to leave Sydney yet
i have mine. just about to start the build. try to get it ready for testing tommorow arvo.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:21 AM   #5118
Tech Elite
 
LOW ET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: cleveland, ohio
Posts: 2,485
Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Default

do the carbon battery stays come with the new kit?
LOW ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:29 AM   #5119
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
do the carbon battery stays come with the new kit?
yes they do.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:01 AM   #5120
Tech Addict
 
Geberit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 744
Default

Regarding battery taping. Top racers don't use the carbon LiPo retainers they just tape the battery. So my question is how firm do they tape it and how does this affect the flex?
Geberit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:48 AM   #5121
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

here is a pic of the new full floating servo mount. 2 screws attatch it to the steering posts. its very nicely thaught up.
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent S411-s411-2.0-1152-x-864-.jpg  
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:37 AM   #5122
Tech Adept
 
andyw2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 172
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Just a simple question from a fairly newby. What thickness are the standard wheel hexes on the earliest model (2.5mm carbon chassis). I'm having trouble getting the VTA wheels inner rim to clear the front steering blocks, and at the rear shockie bottom mounts. I have 0.5mm washers on the front and used the rear shockie inner bottom mount hole which has resolved the problem. But I got the +1mm wheel hexes (401387) which are 5.2mm width, same as was already on the car!
__________________
Andy W
Mugen 1/8 GTconverted eco buggy
Mugen SCT converted eco buggy
andyw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:23 AM   #5123
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,285
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyw2 View Post
Just a simple question from a fairly newby. What thickness are the standard wheel hexes on the earliest model (2.5mm carbon chassis). I'm having trouble getting the VTA wheels inner rim to clear the front steering blocks, and at the rear shockie bottom mounts. I have 0.5mm washers on the front and used the rear shockie inner bottom mount hole which has resolved the problem. But I got the +1mm wheel hexes (401387) which are 5.2mm width, same as was already on the car!
They all use the same hex........not sure what the +1mm hex actually means as its the same width as every other Serpent hex I've ever had. If you want to get wider in the front, the Xray +1.75 hexes will work, the pin depth is the same, but you will have to open the hole up slightly for the axle shoulder to pass thru. There is still lots of axle thread left if you run them as well.

As far as battery taping goes, I ended up making some retainers from some standoffs, they just cover the front and rear of the battery, but allow for the battery to float a little without tweaking the car. I've run this for about 2 months now and haven't lost a battery yet. The setup still uses the stock lower retainers, but no tape is nice not having to deal with. This is similar to the setup that RSD offers, well worth looking into.
__________________
Gary Lanzer
Team VBC HK
Team R1WURKS
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #5124
Tech Master
 
valk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 1,921
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk
Default

First thing i bought for the car was the velcro straps. I use the plastic bits and a couple weights to keep it sliding inboard. Ahim up te lipo blocks 2-3 mm and i dont have to sinch it down any.
__________________
My stuff
Sanwa M12 - Xray T4/16 - Xray Nt1/16 - CRC XTI-WC - ProAMPS - Hobbywing - ReVTECH - ORCA
My RC
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:46 PM   #5125
Tech Regular
 
Holmenkollen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 425
Default

The car went together nicely. A few issues: one of the wheel axles was little bit too large so the bearing didnīt fit. Luckily I had an extra one. The shock collars sits really loose on the shock body. Donīt know if this is a issue on the track but it could be. The dampers are really nice though, big improvement.
The drive pins now have a flat spot so you can really crank down the set screw.
The spur gear assembly had a lot of side-to-side play, never had this much on the TE. A few shims took care of it.

These issues will surely be addressed in the next batch.
__________________
Serpent - Hobbywing - Graupner
Holmenkollen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #5126
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmenkollen View Post
The car went together nicely. A few issues: one of the wheel axles was little bit too large so the bearing didnīt fit. Luckily I had an extra one. The shock collars sits really loose on the shock body. Donīt know if this is a issue on the track but it could be. The dampers are really nice though, big improvement.
The drive pins now have a flat spot so you can really crank down the set screw.
The spur gear assembly had a lot of side-to-side play, never had this much on the TE. A few shims took care of it.

These issues will surely be addressed in the next batch.
i hope Serpent release a long set of these shocks. they are so much better. i can also see why Marc is having way more success with this new car. shocks, steering, arms, and overall quality is by far much better. but in saying this i have a problem with my top deck. i havent looked into it much yet, but looks like the hieght of the bearing housing for the spur gear are way higher than the support post. i tighten the top deck, and it bends like a bananna over the bearing housing. may need to grind a flat, or i may shim up the top deck for today. hope to give it a run in a few hours time.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:47 PM   #5127
Tech Regular
 
DaveVera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ft. Lauderdale,Fl
Posts: 317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
i hope Serpent release a long set of these shocks. they are so much better. i can also see why Marc is having way more success with this new car. shocks, steering, arms, and overall quality is by far much better. but in saying this i have a problem with my top deck. i havent looked into it much yet, but looks like the hieght of the bearing housing for the spur gear are way higher than the support post. i tighten the top deck, and it bends like a bananna over the bearing housing. may need to grind a flat, or i may shim up the top deck for today. hope to give it a run in a few hours time.
That sounds odd. Are you using the 2, 1 mm washers that go at the very rear under the top deck?
__________________
Motiv, Gravity RC, Discharge RC, Joe Conte Racing ,Blast RC Paint, Sanwa, #~MASAMI~ . ROAR#27050
DaveVera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:14 AM   #5128
Tech Elite
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,291
Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default

My ERYX is about 70% done. The car is fantastic and everything looks and feels great. I'll finish it off in the morning.
__________________
Team ORCA / ORCA USA / Pro Spec
Serpent America / Team Serpent S411 ERYX / On Point Racing OP12C, S120 / Xceed Products
Hangar 30 / Seattle RC Racers
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:08 AM   #5129
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveVera View Post
That sounds odd. Are you using the 2, 1 mm washers that go at the very rear under the top deck?
thats what you get for skipping instructions. haha. i went to put the top deck on just to set my battery up for clearance. all sorted. i did how ever get to that part later. but i have also found an issue with an Axle also. thanks for spares i can go for a run shortly. the thread is partly there. whell nut went on by 5-6 turns then went all loose. i could not get it off. luckily i put on an old set of tyres to set cambers. i had to try to pull the rim off as i was trying to unscrew the wheel nut. my shock collars are also quite easy to turn when the springs are on. i think a different O ring will fix that. ill see how it goes. other than the Axle, no real issues. love the servo setup, so easy to work on.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:41 AM   #5130
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,171
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
thats what you get for skipping instructions. haha. i went to put the top deck on just to set my battery up for clearance. all sorted. i did how ever get to that part later. but i have also found an issue with an Axle also. thanks for spares i can go for a run shortly. the thread is partly there. whell nut went on by 5-6 turns then went all loose. i could not get it off. luckily i put on an old set of tyres to set cambers. i had to try to pull the rim off as i was trying to unscrew the wheel nut. my shock collars are also quite easy to turn when the springs are on. i think a different O ring will fix that. ill see how it goes. other than the Axle, no real issues. love the servo setup, so easy to work on.
I was about to say... check the instructions, need to add 1mm shims there now!
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Batu Kawan Rc Track Tongga Malaysian R/C Racers 10418 06-28-2016 11:34 PM
DRCW Raceway Chesapeake, VA // Asphalt / Indoor Off Road / Outdoor Off Road stiltskin Racing Forum 10278 11-14-2014 07:39 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:37 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0