R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-30-2013, 05:38 AM   #5101
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaah View Post
I was led to believe all 20 were pre sold! I was second in line Jay wasn't sure if us SA and WA blokes would be lucky enough to get them this week as DHL are not super reliable. I can only assume he meant Patto and myself but It will be a busy night Friday if it comes
Cripes, hope I was one of the 20.... not heard anything yet though
Old 01-30-2013, 06:04 AM   #5102
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Cripes, hope I was one of the 20.... not heard anything yet though
i got a call before 10 am here, which im guessing around 12-1pm over there, that they had landed. my invoice was sent by the time i finished work, and is all paid for. best you make a call in the morning ?

also Benzaah DHL is overnight express. i have way more faith in DHL than star track or anyone else. always my orders arive the next morning if they are sent around 3pm sydney time. if you are anywhere near the airport, ring them and get them to hold it for collection.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:01 AM   #5103
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaah View Post
Just got confirmation my new kit has shipped and will be here Friday
What springs came in your kit Alston? And did it come with 2 x gear diffs? Did it also come with all the different c hubs as mentioned in their sales blurb? Sorry for all the stupid questions. I'm excited
The Black and Grey's came with the kit. Only one geardiff, they do give you different options: 2 piece motor mount or 1 piece, 2 different Servo mounts the new one is awesome. They didn't have the different option Chubs unfortunateluy. Maybe the later kits will have them seeing I am only 1 of 3 built in the US and Marc Fisher is here with his. No reason for apologies you should be excited this car is absolutely amazing. The corner speed the consistency, the durablity, and traction along with forward bite this car is the car to have. I drove the T4 before this car and thought we were done. But the ERYX is right back on par with any car out there. Will have more updates later.

By the way Marc Fisher is one fast man my first time seeing him race in person.................AMAZING!!!!!!!

"Let's See" Open it up.....Chris Goetz
98tahoeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:32 AM   #5104
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tahoeboy View Post
The Black and Grey's came with the kit. Only one geardiff, they do give you different options: 2 piece motor mount or 1 piece, 2 different Servo mounts the new one is awesome. They didn't have the different option Chubs unfortunateluy. Maybe the later kits will have them seeing I am only 1 of 3 built in the US and Marc Fisher is here with his. No reason for apologies you should be excited this car is absolutely amazing. The corner speed the consistency, the durablity, and traction along with forward bite this car is the car to have. I drove the T4 before this car and thought we were done. But the ERYX is right back on par with any car out there. Will have more updates later.

By the way Marc Fisher is one fast man my first time seeing him race in person.................AMAZING!!!!!!!
Alston,

Good luck to you and Marc, are you pitting near him or next to him. He is in a really nice groove right now with his cars, It would be great if he wins Mod. What class are you entered in?

Steve
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:35 AM   #5105
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
i got a call before 10 am here, which im guessing around 12-1pm over there, that they had landed. my invoice was sent by the time i finished work, and is all paid for. best you make a call in the morning ?

also Benzaah DHL is overnight express. i have way more faith in DHL than star track or anyone else. always my orders arive the next morning if they are sent around 3pm sydney time. if you are anywhere near the airport, ring them and get them to hold it for collection.
Ahhh... that'll be the missed call I got today then, didn't leave message. Was wondering who that was... all good
Old 01-30-2013, 12:51 PM   #5106
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

let the build begin. thanks evilhobbyshop.com AKA toughbeard
Old 01-31-2013, 10:02 AM   #5107
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

So... Were the split blocks really to help flex, or
Make it easier to install/ service the front rear pin holder? I lost the shims and all hardware for that in practice and had a hell of a time putting it back with the rest of the car around it. Getting those shims in ws real tricky without taking the front end appart lol
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:17 AM   #5108
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Frahm

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
Make it easier to install/ service the front rear pin holder? I lost the shims and all hardware for that in practice and had a hell of a time putting it back with the rest of the car around it. Getting those shims in ws real tricky without taking the front end appart lol

I think the split blocks will help with roll center adjustments! The belt would interfere with the one piece block. I hope they offer a shim kit for the split blocks?

Jim
Old 01-31-2013, 10:20 AM   #5109
Tech Addict

Quote:
Listen what Hara has to say about the split blocks on the TCXX.

It starts at 7min 20s and gets more interesting at 8min and 20s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Dluw3VUGYoU

Hope it helped ...
Geberit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:45 PM   #5110
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
Alston,

Good luck to you and Marc, are you pitting near him or next to him. He is in a really nice groove right now with his cars, It would be great if he wins Mod. What class are you entered in?

Steve
Thx no I wanted to pit with my buddies I was offered the spot tho. I have to say in the second qualifier his Mod car was absolutely amazing he was ready to reset tq but unfortunately ran into problems with passing his competitors. I am in 17.5 and 13.5 blinky.

"Let's See" Open it up.....Chris Goetz
98tahoeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:19 PM   #5111
Tech Champion

Quote:
Honestly, they do help increase the flex on the front end, and coupled with a larger hole in the chassi under the diff. Back when I used to run tamiya, the split blocks were good for gaining just a little bit more front end. Also getting the shims in is a bit easier than the one piece, but the main gain is flex.

As for shims, if your stuck, should just be able to use standard 3mm ones under the blocks... I'm tempted to break out the orange shims when my car arrives
Old 01-31-2013, 11:25 PM   #5112
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

just had a hell of a time getting the shims in and the screw through and threaded into the block is all. was no room with the belt and the other front end parts to fiddle the block in there.

will the new chassis support the one peice mount as well. might be interesting to compare them back to back as atsushi has.

my poor te though.. packed away in bags in the bottom of a moving box for a couple weeks. non te is gonna get my shiney new 4.5 though for the next day i can go out to club racing.

too bad im doing so crappy at the virtual snowbirds lol.
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:19 AM   #5113
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
Benzaah DHL is overnight express. i have way more faith in DHL than star track or anyone else. always my orders arive the next morning if they are sent around 3pm sydney time. if you are anywhere near the airport, ring them and get them to hold it for collection.
Can you check your tracking as mines says my parcel has not even been collected to leave Sydney yet

Adelaide RC

Walter Rc Hobby
Benzaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:02 AM   #5114
Tech Regular

Got my ERYX yesterday (thanks Evilhobbyshop!), started prepping the CF parts. Can´t wait to build it and do some practice this weekend.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:04 AM   #5115
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

One small question, How do you prepare de cf parts? In some days i have to start preparing a new chassis and I have never done that.

cheers
jimjav is offline   Reply With Quote